The discovery thread!
Nov 27, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #5,146 of 100,494
I don't know if the E17 is still on sale at BnH photo  but I saw it for $100 earlier today. I just checked they are sold out.

Well if you plan on using it for an amp for your portable device and the fact that it has a dac end to it. Is a nice portable set up. I say get both. What is another $17. Different chip that is in the Ele dac. Or you can get a E11 which has around 30% more power over the amp portion of the E17 and and get the Ele dac as you can hook the E11 to it and you will have an amp for the go and a amp for your Ele dac which will sound tremendous I bet. Haven't tested this yet.

I will test the results using the E11 tomorrow.

Ah that sounds interesting... also good for my wallet as well. Looking forward to reading the results :D

Thanks!

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #5,147 of 100,494
Quote:
You got a preburned one. I am certain of it. Mine sounded like poo on open package. Lol. I think it depends on the batch of phones you get. I read a few post how guys thought these didn't live up to the hype ect. Even reports of fakes. I can see how guys would think a raw driver version would sound like a cheap knock off .. I bet they got the raw driver version like I got.

uuuhm, no offence dude but how can they be already burned in from factory? imagine how that would add to the cost :| I'm pretty sure that in that other thread the researcher guy said that burn in in factories is a very expensive thing and they don't do it with their mh1c... maybe some need less burn in out of the box because they have better tolerances, but I doubt they get any burn in...

oh, and on a side-note - where are you going to start a new hype train on dem fxzs? :D not they need it though, but still... 
beerchug.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #5,148 of 100,494
Quote:
You got a preburned one. I am certain of it. Mine sounded like poo on open package. Lol. I think it depends on the batch of phones you get. I read a few post how guys thought these didn't live up to the hype ect. Even reports of fakes. I can see how guys would think a raw driver version would sound like a cheap knock off .. I bet they got the raw driver version like I got.

emmmm no.

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #5,149 of 100,494
Originally Posted by nihontoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

uuuhm, no offence dude but how can they be already burned in from factory? imagine how that would add to the cost :| I'm pretty sure that in that other thread the researcher guy said that burn in in factories is a very expensive thing and they don't do it with their mh1c... maybe some need less burn in out of the box because they have better tolerances, but I doubt they get any burn in...

I don't hear any huge differences from burn-in myself anyway, I've slowly increased the volume on my Vsonic GR07 MK2, with very very harsh music, like extremely loud static, it's probably over 125dB now, if I have the Vsonic 2 metres away from me, it sounds like a laptop speaker on low volume, I have to put pillows all over it, and even then I can still hear it quite well.

I don't know if it was a break-in experiement or a "can I break it" experiment, lol.

Sure, I think it sounds different now, yeah I really do, but not more than 10% different.  The only way I'll truly convince myself, is by taking it to a local store here, and comparing it to their Vsonic GR07 Mk2, I think there are two stores close to me with them, so then I'll see.  From one IEM to the next is more like 200% different, then using a nice DAC or amp is only 5 or 10% different, however those slight differences can be quite surreal.

When you're fresher in audio (not saying you, just in general), you're more susceptible to expectation bias and short term memory.  These days, the entire character of the sound just gets uploaded into my head so I remember store auditions well.

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #5,150 of 100,494
I guarantee if you guys heard the pair I had there was no way these were the same earphones everyone else was hearing. I have no other way to describe it. They sounded way too unrefined..Not just me either I think it was sfwalcer who also got a not so refined sounding MH1 out of box. It was way too warm with almost no definition. Very unrefined. I think for the most part guys get to hear a refined version but mine didn't get that way until I burned them in. As for the FXZ100. FXZ200. I am waiting till those come down in price.

The idiots that sell them on ebay want to get rich..$250 for a earphone that sells for $170 in japan is crazy. @$200 I would consider it but no way am I gonna pay that much. I might just wait till my friend who is going to Japan next month to get my pair.

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #5,151 of 100,494
The idiots that sell them on ebay want to get rich..$250 for a earphone that sells for $170 in japan is crazy. @$200 I would consider it but no way am I gonna pay that much. I might just wait till my friend who is going to Japan next month to get my pair.

If they paid $170 then they're making all of $30-40 after postage and fees. Even if they aren't buying in shops and reselling then there won't be that much more profit as margins are poor in Japan due to how many middlemen there are in most distribution chains there.

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #5,152 of 100,494
Quote:
Sure, I think it sounds different now, yeah I really do, but not more than 10% different.  The only way I'll truly convince myself, is by taking it to a local store here, and comparing it to their Vsonic GR07 Mk2, I think there are two stores close to me with them, so then I'll see.  From one IEM to the next is more like 200% different, then using a nice DAC or amp is only 5 or 10% different, however those slight differences can be quite surreal.

And then there's this little thing called sample variation...
wink.gif

I EQ profile almost all of my headphones out of box.  The only significant change after break-in I notice is a bit of shifting around of the resonance peak frequencies.  But I can't scientifically determine whether it's due to break-in or due to my own ears' changing conditions either.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 27, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #5,153 of 100,494
Quote:
I guarantee if you guys heard the pair I had there was no way these were the same earphones everyone else was hearing. I have no other way to describe it. They sounded way too unrefined..Not just me either I think it was sfwalcer who also got a not so refined sounding MH1 out of box. It was way too warm with almost no definition. Very unrefined. I think for the most part guys get to hear a refined version but mine didn't get that way until I burned them in. As for the FXZ100. FXZ200. I am waiting till those come down in price.

Yeppp I can vouch for that. Posted my 1st impressions here that these MH1Cs sounded like boomy bass cannons upon open bag, but they sound beautifully refined right now after intense sessions of burn-in.  So no worries for people that got these and they sound like crap on 1st listening, micro drivers akin to the CNT ones JVC uses tend to be pretty stiff so just give them a good beating.  This was an interesting experience to say the least, more so than how underwhelming how my S500 sounded upon open box.

edit: Do i dare to say it sounded like this on 1st listening??? Looks about right:
.............. This guy "Rin's" chart.

But it sounds like this now.............

Can it be that all of Rin's negative impressions on these MH1C, which "Inks" constantly harps on in the MH1C thread is due to the fact that his was also as raw of a set as the one Dsnuts and I got??? If so, oh the irony. LoL Cuz there is no way he can think the MH1Cs are that bad besides the slow bass I agree with.

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #5,154 of 100,494
Inks pointed out that they're not comparable because oen is normalized and one is not.  I'm not really sure what Sead's graph (the 2nd one) is 'normalized' for, I though at first it was either DF normalized or SPL leveled, but it seems like maybe when he said 'normalize' it simply meant 1khz @ 0db in which case the relatives can still be compared.

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #5,155 of 100,494
Quote:

Yeah, I thought My 2nd MH1C was a fake out of the box(which isnt) when compared to 300+ hours burned MH1C, a LOT of difference really..

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #5,156 of 100,494
Quote:
Inks pointed out that they're not comparable because oen is normalized and one is not.  I'm not really sure what Sead's graph (the 2nd one) is 'normalized' for, I though at first it was either DF normalized or SPL leveled, but it seems like maybe when he said 'normalize' it simply meant 1khz @ 0db in which case the relatives can still be compared.

Yeah I know that Inks already pointed this out on that MH1C hype thread, but I am noob so charts are still kinda hard for me to read at times. Nonetheless the frequencies on both of these graphs seems to match perfectly in what I heard from initial listening to how they sound now..... so hey Ds, do you agree with Rin's graph on how they sounded like on your 1st listening cuz it was ALL bass masking a lot of the rest of the sonic spectrum.

@hitme
It's good to hear that you got a lovely pair of these raw MH1Cs as well. haha What a experience right!?
beerchug.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #5,157 of 100,494
Ya I am gonna message Sead and suggest to him that he needs to send Rin dude a well worn in pair. If that dude got the same type of sound we was hearing on open box. That would explain a lot.

Nov 27, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #5,158 of 100,494

And then there's this little thing called sample variation...
wink.gif

Yes, there is a risk of a sample variation, however, then that unit will sound different than my fresh GR07 MK2, so I'd notice.  Naturally, ideally you need two fresh units, for a real experiment.

By the way, take this test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back