The discovery thread!
Nov 23, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #5,027 of 100,428
@dsnuts , would XB90 benefit any improvement using bigger bore tips just like XBA3? OK, I see your point regarding XBA3 and MDR R1. I have no interest on XBA3 as a starting point anyway so I would not have chance to experience it's quality. I'm waiting for FXZ100 impressions.

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #5,028 of 100,428
Quote:
@dsnuts , would XB90 benefit any improvement using bigger bore tips just like XBA3? OK, I see your point regarding XBA3 and MDR R1. I have no interest on XBA3 as a starting point anyway so I would not have chance to experience it's quality. I'm waiting for FXZ100 impressions.

yeah, XB90EX sounds much more open and nicer with wider bore tips. stock tips restrict the sound too much...

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #5,029 of 100,428
So,  question here.

i got my FP DAc,  once its plugged on my laptop, its like using  that soundcard, so everything is thrown and proccesed by my FP. once i play a mp3, the DAC and amp of my FP makes all the work, right?

But, i dont get how these Ele Dac works with a portable device, how does it works?  for exampe if i use it with a Blackberry that has a very bad dac+,  garbage comes out of the BB and goes in the DAC, the Ele wont transform the mp3 i am using so whats the point?

Sorry,  can som1 explain me how it works? i dont get it.

Nov 23, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #5,030 of 100,428
Check these out guys. SOMiC MH463 Open air earphones with 50mm transducers--about as large as they get... I bought them for $44.

I have them on my ears now and I must say... they sound like what their specs would lead you to expect (open air soundstage, huge drivers for big impact) and nothing like what their price tag would lead you to expect
L3000.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 23, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #5,031 of 100,428
Quote:

Quote:Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Check these out guys. SOMiC MH463 Open air earphones with 50mm transducers--about as large as they get... I bought them for $44.

I have them on my ears now and I must say... they sound like what their specs would lead you to expect (open air soundstage, huge drivers for big impact) and nothing like what their price tag would lead you to expect
L3000.gif

Where did you find them for $44. how is the detail and bass?

Nov 23, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #5,032 of 100,428
This is how they sound to my ears

In perspective, that's some of the most linear treble I've heard from cans.  The bass boost gives a not unpleasant warmth but EQing it out in favour of a subbass boost makes the sound much clearer, challenging IEMs for clarity (which have always been clearer than cans in my book) while beating them out in soundstage.  Unlike my other cans that just make pathetic farting sounds when you try to push them below 30Hz, these dish out real subbass with their big 50mm drivers when you EQ it up.

These popped up out of nowhere in the computer store at my block (I live in Hong Kong).  I was like "huh? 50mm drivers?  Open air?  At this price?  Here?" and picked them up in a heartbeat.  Glad I did
L3000.gif

Hmm here's the first international place I found selling them
http://www.focalprice.com/EP0109B/SOMIC_MH463_35_mm_8__30000_Hz_Wired_Dynamic_Headphone_Black.html

Still a good deal at $69 I'd say
smily_headphones1.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 23, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #5,033 of 100,428
So this was a unique discovery. I just found out it cost almost $52 to send back the AUNE T1. nice.

You ever get that not so fresh feeling in your gut? That ain't the turkey I ate last night either.

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #5,035 of 100,428
Na I would rather get my $148 back. Nice to pay $51 just to try out a sound card/ amp. You live and you learn..Post office sucks that might be the reason why they are going out of business.

It is great there are a lot of great DAC/AMPS made in China but this is unfortunately the cost of getting a DAC from China. The risk of return.

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #5,036 of 100,428
Quote:
So,  question here.

i got my FP DAc,  once its plugged on my laptop, its like using  that soundcard, so everything is thrown and proccesed by my FP. once i play a mp3, the DAC and amp of my FP makes all the work, right?

But, i dont get how these Ele Dac works with a portable device, how does it works?  for exampe if i use it with a Blackberry that has a very bad dac+,  garbage comes out of the BB and goes in the DAC, the Ele wont transform the mp3 i am using so whats the point?

It is a simple version of your Fire Phoenix..It connect through USB on the back side to your computer. And out in the front end though 3.5mm jack. So you can Just plug a headphone right into there and listen to your music or you can hook an amp from the ELE dac to your fire phoenix using something like this.

What I like about it. Is it powers through your USB so no external power is needed on the Ele dac. Very easy to use especially if you lug around a laptop.

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #5,038 of 100,428
So,  question here.

Even simpler, any DAC creates a new analogue stream from digital information. Hence "DAC". It bypasses any DAC in your Blackberry etc. It goes MP3/FLAC -> DAC -> headphones, not MP3/FLAC -> Blackberry -> DAC -> headphones.

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #5,039 of 100,428
So this was a unique discovery. I just found out it cost almost $52 to send back the AUNE T1. nice.
You ever get that not so fresh feeling in your gut? That ain't the turkey I ate last night either.

Brutal. First Doc gets denied his $79 AD900's, and then you get burned. Black Friday indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back