The discovery thread!
Nov 1, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #4,426 of 100,464
Quote:

Eric my man, very funkadelic... even on my S500s :)

Funk Jazz, Mr. WAYNENUMM!!
beerchug.gif

Nov 1, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #4,427 of 100,464
So at work today I actually have with me the FXD80, FXD70 and MH1C. I will try to do some A/B and Cing during lunch today... lol

Nov 1, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #4,428 of 100,464
Just received my MH1C late yesterday. :D

It's at $22.90 now! I was thinking that it might get to $24.90 by the end of the week, and that could end up being a reality.

Hey, it was supposed to be 'the best kept secret'. You'll the one that keeps shouting around, not me :D

Busted! :p

Is it bulk packaging?

Yes. Everything comes in plastic bags. Plastic bags full of sonic bliss.

So at work today I actually have with me the FXD80, FXD70 and MH1C. I will try to do some A/B and Cing during lunch today... lol

Can't wait for your micro-driver showdown Eric!

Nov 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #4,429 of 100,464
Quote:
Just received my MH1C late yesterday.
biggrin.gif

It's at $22.90 now! I was thinking that it might get to $24.90 by the end of the week, and that could end up being a reality.
Busted!
tongue.gif

Just enough to keep them below free shipping if the headfi lemming action continues. I jumped.
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #4,430 of 100,464
Quote:
Ok, I got the Bravo Audio Ocean amp Ds recommended today.  As far as amps go, these might be one of the best I've heard.  It sounds good with anything I throw at it.  It's so lush, smooth and such a wonderful big stage.  This is my first experience with tube amps and I am addicted.  Anyone in need of an amp, for the price, I couldn't recommend anything better that I've heard.  The power behind this thing is monstrous also.  Only one drawback is that the HE-500's start distorting at moderately high volume.  But at an easy listening level, these headphones sound stunning with this amp.  Truly out of the head experience.  Get this amp fellas.  

By the way, the Sony MDR-1's are the real deal.  

DannyBoi,  Whe want Pics of that beauty
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #4,431 of 100,464
Quote:
Man I'm bummed.

Purchased the MH1C listed as expedited international shipping. Next day ebay warned me that the listing is entirely removed, and upon contacting the seller,
he gave me a registered airmail tracking(that aint no expedited!).... which is not found in the tracking system so far.

sorry man, care to post the vendor?

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #4,432 of 100,464
Best of show? by Currawong. Start saving your money fellas.

JVC ☆BEST OF SHOW No. 1☆

Another brand with unique take on IEMs. They have two new Live Beat models coming, the HA-FXZ100 and FXZ200. They feature a special separate tweeter and woofer in aluminium enclosures inside the IEM. While the bass was strong on the 200 and the treble too recessed for me, I was impressed at how natural and spacious the sound was compared to most IEMs (including the Stax portable!) and how natural even percussion sounded. The overall sound was rather like a pair of their full-sized DX1000s inside an IEM. The other guys tried the 100s and reckoned the frequency response was better, so I will definitely have to give them a go once they are released. Still, their ability to overcome the main issues I've had with other IEMs, even vastly more expensive ones, impressed me very strongly, enough that it affected my perception of other products for the rest of the show, with even top-of-the-line amps and other equipment not impressing me as much. For that, I've given it my Best of Show award.

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #4,433 of 100,464
From this initial impression. It looks like we can't count out the cheaper FXZ100. Interesting. So the FXZ200 take on sound is spacious like a headphone type sound but went the bass phone rout with lesser highs and big bass..So it might be that the cheaper FXZ100 might be better balanced. Can't wait to try these out.

Nov 1, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #4,435 of 100,464
Quote:
Lol. Guys so I went on the deals thread and guys are posting the usual CC51 for $25 deal. thinking that is a DEAL. Lol. So I go on there and mention the MH1Cs. People on there seem to have no idea. Then I get folks saying how great the CC51 is for the price.

You guys want to hear a real piece of poo earphone. The CC51 has the wonkiest sounds I have ever heard. It has overly sparkly highs that is far from accurate. Overly forward muffled mids and a messy bass end to boot.. That is a good deal for $25?? We all hear differently..

Nice track indeed Ericp.

bigsmile_face.gif

haha, yea. that was funny.   "they are the best deal". "i am not going to compare them".. doesnt make any sense.
Not impresed with theMeelecs i have, not even for their "Sound/Price" value, maybe the case and a bunch of tips, but thats all.  The M9 is horrible and the M6 sounds like, mmm. maybe a 7 dolar iem.

Nov 1, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #4,436 of 100,464
Quote:

The M9 is horrible and the M6 sounds like, mmm. maybe a 7 dolar iem.

Shut your dirty mouth! 
tongue.gif

The M9 and M6 were my gateway drugs to audiophilia. They sound good for what they are, and are a solid upgrade to a lot of the cheaper buds of their era.

Nov 1, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #4,437 of 100,464
Quote:

Shut your dirty mouth! 
tongue.gif

The M9 and M6 were my gateway drugs to audiophilia. They sound good for what they are, and are a solid upgrade to a lot of the cheaper buds of their era.

ehh I have to agree with eke2k6 when I started trying to upgrade my headphones the m6 were the ones I bought first and i didn't find them to be a big upgrade to any of the cheap earbuds I had been previously using.

Nov 1, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #4,439 of 100,464
Okay, so The FXD80, MH1C, and FXD70 (source: Sony S545, volume on 30 for all three - wasn't that loud to my ears with these three, song was the Black Crowes acoustic version of Non-Fiction).

D80 = best black space between instruments out of all three. Percussion instruments (shakers) can be heard with great detail and clarity. Sound is very transparent and 3-D like. Plucking of guitar strings highly detailed with nice sub-bass, yet a balanced sound. Closer to stage than the MH1C.

MH1C = richer, heavier refined bass. Less black space and instrument separation than the D80. Percussion instruments audible but more buried behind major instruments (bass, piano and acoustic guitars). Sound signature is darker and rich, but doesn't touch the either JVCs on clarity and transparency of sound. Vocal have great realistic weight, but the D80 vocals are probably more forward. Instrumentation blends in (blur) together more than the JVCs.

D70  = Clearly the most neutral sounding IEM of the three. Nice bass punch but clearly least bassy out of the three. Just a cleaner sharper sound (like the difference between looking through a newly Windex cleaned window and a window with mist on it when comparing the MH1C to the D70. Less 3-D out of the three. Notes blend together nicely with superior clarity.

(Second song was Wings' Band on the Run listened to through last year's iPod nano 16gb at the highest volume)

D80 = Sharper imaging and clarity in notes than the MH1C, but the MH1C has heavier notes and more details in vocals and string instrumentation. Again, use of black space is outstanding. 

MH1C = Heavier notes of the three and darker sounding. Really nice details but not as easy to breakout separation of individual instruments. Vocals are very nice in detail, but I don't the vocal are as forward as the D80. I think you're sitting farther from the stage, however with the Sony.

D70 = The same as with the other song. Great clarity, transparency and a more neutral sound.

Conclusion: It's really hard to say which is better than the other. It really depends on sound signature preference. So with that stated, I prefer the D80. The black space is really something special to me along with clarity and . I hate to use the word "veiled" but the MH1C is a bit compared to the JVCs. Next to the EX1000, the D80 and D70 might be the clearest dynamic IEMs I've heard. Both have great transparency and clarity. But the MH1C has a better stay imaging from front to back than the JVCs. The sounds of the JVCs are clearly different from the sound of the MH1C. There's no clear winner here with any of the IEMs outrunning the other. One does something better than the other and vice versa,, but all three are good (and the MH1C is great for the price). But again, my favorite is the D80 out of the three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back