The discovery thread!
Jan 20, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #856 of 100,443
I would advise you to spend some time with them. They will grow on you especially if you listen to bass heavy tunes. Many an iem fail to impress only to become favorites. That was the case for my MP8320 believe it or not. At first it sounded good to me but not mind blowing great. I kept on listening to them and the rest as they say was history.

I think if the SHE3580 had better build. Cord and came in a nice box perhaps they would impress more but if you keep listening to them they very well could become a favorite for you..Get past their cheaper looks and build and start listening to them with your tunes.

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #857 of 100,443
Nice impressions! It appears we hear them similarly, I've also described them as sounding like a dynamic TF10.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
So far (with Monster foam hybrids), the Isurus' bass sounds as deep as the DDM (1). It maybe a smidgen lighter in quantity. It also doesn't sound as muddy as the DDM. Mids are seem to be a bit more forward than the DDM; and there is definitely more treble presence than the DDM. 

Yes, I'm comparing it to the DDM because that is the IEM that reminds me the most of the Isurus. Only thing the Isurus is lacking is the unique layered sound the DDM possesses with its dual drivers. I would dare say the the Isurus is clearer sound than the DDM though (I'm talking about the way my DDM sounds now with hundreds of hours of burn-in on it compared to this one with not even an hour on it). 

Still wouldn't put the Isurus anywhere close to the FXT90, GR07 or RE262, but it's right there with the DDM and Shure 215. Again, this is without burn-in. EX600? Not quite there but closer than I expected it to be. This is a marvel to my ears for $20. I was very skeptical to be honest, but thought I would give my first "cheapie" a test drive and thus far it's succeeded over expectations. So right now, I would call the Isurus a clearer less-layered sounding DDM. Best I could compare it too. I think if you like the DDM  you will like the Isurus. Bass is deep and kind of muddy (a tad) with the hybrids, but I expect that to clear up. Notes are thick like the JVC FXT90, but not as clear and transparent (although the FXT90's sound is a little bit warmer than the Isurus). More initial impressions to come (by the way this is all coming from listening through the Fiio E10/E9 combo. So yes, these earphones amp nicely with the Fiio)....

Nice soundstage and instrument separation too... The Isurus is like a mixture of the DDM and the TF10 (if it was a dynamic). DDM is warmer sounding, however, and the TF10's mids aren't as forward as the mids are in the Isurus.... Treble is quite a bit brighter in the Isurus than in the DDM...

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #859 of 100,443
The HJE180. So I cooked them all day and started to really listen to them. My initial impressions was a good one and I would say these are more along the lines of what to expect for a good $10 earphone. These are a mid centric earphones leaning on the warm side.. It shares a similar signature to all the HJE earphones but has one major flaw for me at least. The highs are about as weak as it gets. When I get new earphones I like to try them out on all sorts of various genres and these just can't keep up with Pantera at all.

The high hat notes are almost non existent and when heard it is very faint. High notes are just accents on these phones. I remember when I reviewed the AKG 518 LE those had very similar highs. Just accents until I discovered AKG threw in an extra piece of thick foam cushioning inside the cups on top of the driver.. At least with those I just took those cushions out and that fixed the issue. These however. It is a sound signature that would be better with some better highs.

If a full balanced sound represents 100%. I would say these are like this. 20%Highs 45% MIDs 35%LOWs.  Do these sound better than the SHE3580? For vocals and mid centric guys maybe but for me. Not really.. In the bass end they seem to hit the right notes but I got used to the authority of the SHE3580 in the bass area and that is another part of these that do not best the SHE3580.

The sub bass drops off fairly quick compared to the SHE3580. The bass is simply not as good. SO how does these compare to the HJE350? While these are somewhat better than the HJE160. The HJE350 is definitely a more refined version of these. I mentioned before how the HJE350 competes with the SHE3580 and they do but these imo don't. The weak highs even eqed just has almost no real dynamics to make these shine.

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #860 of 100,443

Quote:
So far (with Monster foam hybrids), the Isurus' bass sounds as deep as the DDM (1). It maybe a smidgen lighter in quantity. It also doesn't sound as muddy as the DDM. Mids are seem to be a bit more forward than the DDM; and there is definitely more treble presence than the DDM. 

Yes, I'm comparing it to the DDM because that is the IEM that reminds me the most of the Isurus. Only thing the Isurus is lacking is the unique layered sound the DDM possesses with its dual drivers. I would dare say the the Isurus is clearer sound than the DDM though (I'm talking about the way my DDM sounds now with hundreds of hours of burn-in on it compared to this one with not even an hour on it). 

Still wouldn't put the Isurus anywhere close to the FXT90, GR07 or RE262, but it's right there with the DDM and Shure 215. Again, this is without burn-in. EX600? Not quite there but closer than I expected it to be. This is a marvel to my ears for $20. I was very skeptical to be honest, but thought I would give my first "cheapie" a test drive and thus far it's succeeded over expectations. So right now, I would call the Isurus a clearer less-layered sounding DDM. Best I could compare it too. I think if you like the DDM  you will like the Isurus. Bass is deep and kind of muddy (a tad) with the hybrids, but I expect that to clear up. Notes are thick like the JVC FXT90, but not as clear and transparent (although the FXT90's sound is a little bit warmer than the Isurus). More initial impressions to come (by the way this is all coming from listening through the Fiio E10/E9 combo. So yes, these earphones amp nicely with the Fiio)....

Nice soundstage and instrument separation too... The Isurus is like a mixture of the DDM and the TF10 (if it was a dynamic). DDM is warmer sounding, however, and the TF10's mids aren't as forward as the mids are in the Isurus.... Treble is quite a bit brighter in the Isurus than in the DDM...

Sorry to copy and paste once more, but a dynamic TF10 that's a good one 
wink_face.gif
 I can find a way to agree on this.

Actually, I do prefer the mids of the Isurus vs. the mids of the TF10, but I do find the TF to perform and sound better in lower and top freq. areas, which it should, accordingly to the price difference.

Now, you need to try the SHE3580/3700 or even both, won't cost you more than another $20-22 and you may be surprised, or not!

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #861 of 100,443
Are the SHE3575s the same as the 3580s but with a mic?

They could well be, just with different colored tips. I have the SHH3580, the other possible SHE3580 mic‘d twin, but it has less bass than the SHE3580. Perhaps Philips‘ focus test group found the SHE3580 too bass heavy and they voiced the SHH3580 a bit differently... heck I‘d even agree with them. But if you are looking for an identical twin in sound the SHE3575 may indeed be it... coz the SHH3580 isn't. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 21, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #862 of 100,443
having finally got and tested my TF10's and Isurus, i can safely say that the Isurus are outstanding value for the 15 pounds i paid for them, however there is just no comparison to the TF10's. The TF10's sound way better to me IMO. 

Sadly though, the Isurus are rather uncomfortable for me, as the hard rubber bit behind the tip seems to touch my outer ear and rub against it......

Jan 21, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #863 of 100,443

Quote:

Sadly though, the Isurus are rather uncomfortable for me, as the hard rubber bit behind the tip seems to touch my outer ear and rub against it......

It was also happened to me in first day, because i put as usually the cable over the ear, then tried under ear, and it was like from day to night in comfort and sound quality, now i just use like that.

Jan 21, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #864 of 100,443
i dont do over ear unless the thing says its specifically designed for over ear use. i was wearing them as normal, its worse in my right ear than my left ear. was planning to use this for when im in situations (like camping) that i dont want to risk killing my TF10's in. 

i havent tried it with my iphone yet as a handsfree, but i see some people commenting it dosent work? does anyone know how to make it work with iPhone/iPad? I thought it would be useful for skyping on these devices

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #865 of 100,443

Quote:
i dont do over ear unless the thing says its specifically designed for over ear use. i was wearing them as normal, its worse in my right ear than my left ear. was planning to use this for when im in situations (like camping) that i dont want to risk killing my TF10's in. 

i havent tried it with my iphone yet as a handsfree, but i see some people commenting it dosent work? does anyone know how to make it work with iPhone/iPad? I thought it would be useful for skyping on these devices

The remote won't work for the iphone4. The mic works for me, but not the remote.

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #866 of 100,443
Quote:
The remote won't work for the iphone4. The mic works for me, but not the remote.

It's working for me though. tried it on my friend's iPhone 4S. the remote and mic worked flawlessly.

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #867 of 100,443
Ya I have to admit it is strange to me how the isurus mic works for some and not others. I know it works great on my optimus but some other androids don't. Get the isurus for their sound and if you get the mic to work bonus.

@Joe. How you like them SHE8005.?  I was eyeing those online.

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #868 of 100,443

Quote:
They could well be, just with different colored tips. I have the SHH3580, the other possible SHE3580 mic‘d twin, but it has less bass than the SHE3580. Perhaps Philips‘ focus test group found the SHE3580 too bass heavy and they voiced the SHH3580 a bit differently... heck I‘d even agree with them. But if you are looking for an identical twin in sound the SHE3575 may indeed be it... coz the SHH3580 isn't.
smily_headphones1.gif

So you are enjoying the overall sound of the SHH3580 more than the SHE3580?

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #869 of 100,443

Quote:
Nice impressions! It appears we hear them similarly, I've also described them as sounding like a dynamic TF10.
beerchug.gif

Yes, it appears we do @ Selenium (me agreeing with you without your cynicism tacked on...lol)....I'm just saying... Thank you, sir!
beerchug.gif

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #870 of 100,443

Quote:
Sorry to copy and paste once more, but a dynamic TF10 that's a good one 
wink_face.gif
 I can find a way to agree on this.

Actually, I do prefer the mids of the Isurus vs. the mids of the TF10, but I do find the TF to perform and sound better in lower and top freq. areas, which it should, accordingly to the price difference.

Now, you need to try the SHE3580/3700 or even both, won't cost you more than another $20-22 and you may be surprised, or not!

Quote:
having finally got and tested my TF10's and Isurus, i can safely say that the Isurus are outstanding value for the 15 pounds i paid for them, however there is just no comparison to the TF10's. The TF10's sound way better to me IMO. 

Okay fellas, when I stated that the Isurus sounds similar to the TF10 I was not in anyway trying to say that the Isurus is just as good as the UE (and definitely saying it's better). I was just giving a reference point to its sound. I agree, the TF10 (overall) is a much better IEM than the Isurus. I do, however, enjoy the mids of the Isurus better than I do in the TF10. But yes, technically, the TF10 is a way better sounding IEM. Still, the Isurus must be commended at its price point. Happy listening...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back