The discovery thread!
Apr 3, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #98,431 of 103,144
Also new ISN Audio T-OCC cable incoming, along with new ISN Audio H60 Universal IEM!
Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 11.20.44 AM.png

Talk about gorgeous! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ISN T-OCC Audiophile IEM Cable
Model: T-OCC
Triple copper combination, three diameters
2 shares, 181 cores per share
Outer diameter is 2.5 , 18AWG wire
98 cores 0.08 frozen single crystal copper
48 cores 0.06 Quenched single crystal copper
35 cores 0.05 Copper-silver alloy
OFC 2-pin 0.78mm connector
3.5mm audio/4.4mm balanced OFC plug
Aluminum CNC alloy cutting integrated slider
The solder joints is silver–contained tin
Secondary oxidation gold foil gold ring
Cable length: 1.2M

Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 11.21.56 AM.png

Beautiful! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just when you think they'd take a breath...there's more!

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:47 PM Post #98,432 of 103,144
Just when you think they'd take a breath...there's more!
Yes, I just found out (last night) the cable is in the mail, but they are a little secretive about this new ISN Audio H60? I can't find any information on it anywhere? No idea what is inside it? But as soon as I get word, I will make an introductory post to inform the Head-Fi members.

Edit:
https://www.facebook.com/isnaudio/
It turns out the ISN H60 was introduced (here) a week ago, the cable introduced in two FB places 20 hours ago.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #98,433 of 103,144
When he trash talks Aful magic one, you know that he is launching one full BA set the next day.

Lemme check the price of kidney on blackmarket real quick.

And then I’m coming to you.

So eloquently put, sir! That’s exactly how I think.

Given the fact that I think the AFUL Snowy night is detailed enough but my pals like @pradiptacr7 and @baskingshark uniformly complains that this dongle lacks detail, maybe I’m not listening as critically as I expected 😂

Enjoy, mate! Looking forward for your impressions.

Btw, CANTOR CANTOR CANTOR 👏👏👏

Not me.

Though I can already sense r/headphones echo chamber creaming their pants and would recommend nothing but dusk 2 for the next half decade.

Simgot DEW4X landed this morning. It’s surprisingly heavy for something so small. Will fish my EM6L from bag in the drawer to do more careful listening later.

Tbh, most of these modern dongles sound just fine. It’s a bit more here, a bit less there that obsessive folks like myself care enough.

Edit: couldn’t resist the temptation to I did AB test between the DEW4X and Snowy night with my U12t. Surprised how different they sound.

Andyaudiovault recent sum-up of a few dongles.

1000061938.jpg

1000061940.jpg

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:13 AM Post #98,434 of 103,144
AAV rated the GO bar as the most feature rich and most powerful Dongle in the world at 7.5 VRMS.
Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 12.08.13 PM.jpeg

Andyaudiovault recent sum-up of a few dongles.

1000061938.jpg

1000061940.jpg

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:30 AM Post #98,435 of 103,144
I just received the Delcis. Rockin’ them with Tangzu Tang Sencai tips. Yep, they are that good. Single DD goodness, cohesive and effortless in the way they cover the frequency range. They should really benefit/mellow more with listening time.

I also just had to break down and buy the Trios to add to my KZ collection. They should arrive tomorrow. I have 10 sets just cuz. They each have their own character. Fun to be had for such little expenditure. I usually start my listening session with one of them and end with an upper end set. Puts just how good the KXs are in perspective with the step up in sophistication of an upper tier set, particularly when comparing like configurations.

I have received a bunch of IEMs lately but have been too hung up to post them. Youse guys are killing me. 😎 I have way too many IEMs….nahhhhh…🥹

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:51 AM Post #98,436 of 103,144
20240403_151642.jpg
A truly amazing DD iem, the jump in tuning
from the Nicehck TopGuy to the Himalaya is beyond comprehension. Either Nicehck bought in a new tuning Wizard or they've had a guy locked in a room for years only letting him out when he successfully produced a tuning that competes with the very best.
Excellent review. I have been holding out on the Topguys….gonna pull the trigger on these instead. Many 🙏 thanks.

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #98,438 of 103,144
Would you mind sharing how MIROAK and LOAK2 compare? Quite a steep price difference.
Sure! LOAK2CL has a bigger sound all around, and more enhanced everything. The bass is deeper, and midbass has a stronger punch, may come off as tad bit to strong sometimes. But it ison the faster side so it does not overstay. Midrange is a bit recessed, mostly the lower midrange, but still pretty clean and clear. Upper midrange has slightly extra energy that takes some time to get accustomed to. Details are considerably more pronounced. The treble is more energetic and more detailed, with more extension. The soundstage is more enveloping - more width, height and depth all around.

graph (7).png

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:50 AM Post #98,439 of 103,144
Sure! LOAK2CL has a bigger sound all around, and more enhanced everything. The bass is deeper, and midbass has a stronger punch, may come off as tad bit to strong sometimes. But it ison the faster side so it does not overstay. Midrange is a bit recessed, mostly the lower midrange, but still pretty clean and clear. Upper midrange has slightly extra energy that takes some time to get accustomed to. Details are considerably more pronounced. The treble is more energetic and more detailed, with more extension. The soundstage is more enveloping - more width, height and depth all around.

Would you mind not sharing that in great detail like that just when my miroak-II is going to be shipped?!

'Just all round better you loser', would have done just fine :)

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #98,441 of 103,144
Would you mind not sharing that in great detail like that just when my miroak-II is going to be shipped?!

'Just all round better you loser', would have done just fine :)
It all really depends on preferences, some people may not like the extra energy the Loaks bring.

For me, the Miraok-II was a bit too laid back, having been used to the fast energetic sound of the Loaks.

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:19 AM Post #98,442 of 103,144
just got in Cca trio. They are solid. I kinda like them. Any got dip switch recommendations or know what they do?
First two are bass. Last two are upper mids.

There are not that many variations. Essentially, if you turn on the switch on the right in a group, it does not matter whether the other switch is on or not. So 01 and 11 are exactly the same. This behaviour was there with the penon turbo as well.

Have a look at my graphs: https://nk-tran.com/iegems-graphtool/?share=Trio_0100,Trio_1100,Trio_1000

Edit: what you hear would be different than the actually change in FR because you would need to readjust volume after some changes. For example, the upper mid switches actually changes the shape of lower midrange if you normalise by volume, but they indeed change the amount of response from around 500Hz up if you keep the volume constant and measure.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #98,443 of 103,144
It all really depends on preferences, some people may not like the extra energy the Loaks bring.

For me, the Miraok-II was a bit too laid back, having been used to the fast energetic sound of the Loaks.
:) was just kidding. I first noted Miroak through acebee posts, only. Then almost immediately I saw @Leonarfd rate it highly. Don't know what possessed me (greed, undoubtedly) I contacted the maker to place an order in end Feb. Considering leonardfd's music lib sits with my taste rather nicely (not saying he uses this iem for everything), I should be just fine.

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:22 AM Post #98,444 of 103,144
This paragraph feels edited by generative AI 😉

When it comes to comfort, the Butastur earphones excel, providing a superb wearing experience. They are ideal for extended listening sessions, and their passive noise attenuation is commendable when properly fitted.

Edit: not criticism, just pointing out. I used this to turn my bullet points into paragraphs a few times back. ChatGPT always write like this when feeding points about fit and comfort of IEMs. Too much of a hassle to force it to write in a different way, so just write by myself. Faster 😂

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 2:23 AM Post #98,445 of 103,144
First two are bass. Last two are upper mids.

There are not that many variations. Essentially, if you turn on the switch on the right in a group, it does not matter whether the other switch is on or not. So 01 and 11 are exactly the same. This behaviour was there with the penon turbo as well.

Have a look at my graphs: https://nk-tran.com/iegems-graphtool/?share=Trio_0100,Trio_1100,Trio_1000
The last one, imo, makes the biggest difference. Hence, likes of @FreeWheelinAudioLuv2 stay away from it for its treble sparkles.
Guess it all depends on kind of music one listens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back