The discovery thread!
Apr 4, 2024 at 6:30 AM Post #98,462 of 106,723
Hmm...then, you might avoid FD11...they are not laid-back IEMs...
unless you want something "aggressive" in your collection :)

Cheers!

Oh variety would be great, also bass more aggressive satisfying oomph you say, right? And they are budget priced too. P8s aren't laidback either and I like em, more a neutral -bright.

Was thinking of getting Singolo, which I have now decided against. Will just wait to see how they price Aful Cantor, is it a bridge too far or with prudence I can get it. If, as I suspect, it turns out to be expensive (for me, that is), I shall decide between the contrasting FD11 and Aful MagicOne and that ziigaat doscinco (supposedly v good bass, but I haven't really paid close attention to its reviews; will cross that bridge later).

And by then @Leonarfd will no doubt tempt me with his review of that new Hiby dap. And I will go into the quandary loop again! Thankfully it doesn't have the fat mofo volume knob, else I would have crumbled far too easily. But am sure Leonard, skilful as he is, will find a way (rather unnecessarily if you ask me!) to lure people to it. So, best-case scenario is he hates that dap!

Apr 4, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #98,463 of 106,723
Oh variety would be great, also bass more aggressive satisfying oomph you say, right? And they are budget priced too. P8s aren't laidback either and I like em, more a neutral -bright.

Was thinking of getting Singolo, which I have now decided against. Will just wait to see how they price Aful Cantor, is it a bridge too far or with prudence I can get it. If, as I suspect, it turns out to be expensive (for me, that is), I shall decide between the contrasting FD11 and Aful MagicOne and that ziigaat doscinco (supposedly v good bass, but I haven't really paid close attention to its reviews; will cross that bridge later).

And by then @Leonarfd will no doubt tempt me with his review of that new Hiby dap. And I will go into the quandary loop again! Thankfully it doesn't have the fat mofo volume knob, else I would have crumbled far too easily. But am sure Leonard, skilful as he is, will find a way (rather unnecessarily if you ask me!) to lure people to it. So, best-case scenario is he hates that dap!
To make it easy for you, I won't review it. Just buy it without commitment, my reviews take so long time and I have limited time for audio. Need to use it on promised products to review.
But I'll share some impressions and photos as always.

:beerchug:

On a longer drive now, listening to Tempotec V3 and ISN Neo 3, and a EP by a head-fi friend @maegnificant

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #98,464 of 106,723
It really makes me sad to see AI used to reword reviews. The use of language, adjectives, metaphors, similes, etc etc are an art form and creative skill....like literature. Not impressed at all.
Just as how calculators have made multiple generations of dullards. So will these recent apps, that can make you appear to be smarter, than the average bear.

You are getting old Dharma! Almost as old as independent India, na?! Times they are changing.

fwiw, I do agree with your sigh.

But in this respect, considering his dilemma of how google search works, he can't duplicate the same content on two platforms and risk losing readership. And it would be too much to write two different articles for one iem, especially as he seems to be doing a lot of reviews.

And also, he makes a difference between chatgpt and AI in how it treats/retains his originality.
Speaking in generalities (not against anyone specifically), if you're a creative writer, it's part of the job, to be able to paraphrase your own written word.

But now, you both have me thinking. Do we have "reviewers" here, who maybe cheating, in their authorism ?

Back on subject
Still pondering the Moondrop Dusk; if they re-used the HODDUS, can the ethereal low end of the Blessing 3, be any better, with a re-tune ?

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #98,465 of 106,723
Seems to me if someone is gaining something either economically or goods “in exchange for an honest review” they should be actually writing the review themselves not having a computer manipulate it for them after feeding it a starting point.

Need two versions to get better mileage out of Google searches ? Write two versions. I don’t want to read a computer programs version because it saved time, someone else’s time isn’t my concern if they are benefiting from what I am reading.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 7:44 AM Post #98,466 of 106,723
Seems to me if someone is gaining something either economically or goods “in exchange for an honest review” they should be actually writing the review themselves not having a computer manipulate it for them after feeding it a starting point.

Need two versions to get better mileage out of Google searches ? Write two versions. I don’t want to read a computer programs version because it saved time, someone else’s time isn’t my concern if they are benefiting from what I am reading.
Let me respectfully disagree. I am not obligated to spend my precious time re-writting my own original content because someone designed an idiotic algorithm which manipulates my own copyrighted material.

This is my original content, I am the owner and I should be the one to decide where it should rank. Nobody has the right to exclude my own website where I publish my original content because I have simultaneously decided to also publish it in a community forum and share with its members.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 7:55 AM Post #98,467 of 106,723
Respectfully,

Are you benefiting in some way from spending your “precious time” writing and potentially revising to create two versions ?

If you are then I think you do have an obligation to actually “write” what is put in print under your name.

I spend my “precious time” writing and reviewing documents for my work. I am not about to start using a computer program to make the work I benefit financially from take me less time.

If you think otherwise we agree to disagree and I am better informed about what I am reading.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #98,468 of 106,723
Respectfully,

Are you benefiting in some way from spending your “precious time” writing and potentially revising to create two versions ?

If you are then I think you do have an obligation to actually “write” what is put in print under your name.

I spend my “precious time” writing and reviewing documents for my work. I am not about to start using a computer program to make the work I benefit financially from take me less time.
I am not benefiting. I publish at my website but because Headfi was what get me started I also want to share with the community. I love the forum. But the bot doesn't have the right to assume that I am copying and stealing content from myself because the Headfi website has greater Google authority.

Simple.

Now let's please stop the of topic.

You can always read my 100% original material without any AI intervention that gets published right here.

Thank you

Apr 4, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #98,470 of 106,723
Penon TotemType-C to Type-C HiFi USB Audio Cable

Description
2 shares, 334 cores per share
Single crystal copper silver-plated Litz type-6 & Palladium-plated pure silver & Single crystal copper plated with pure gold
Outer diameter:2.5mm
Length:about 13cm in total

$69.00

Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 8.10.50 PM.png

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #98,471 of 106,723
To make it easy for you, I won't review it. Just buy it without commitment, my reviews take so long time and I have limited time for audio. Need to use it on promised products to review.
But I'll share some impressions and photos as always.

:beerchug:

On a longer drive now, listening to Tempotec V3 and ISN Neo 3, and a EP by a head-fi friend @maegnificant

Lovely stuff @maegnificant !

Liked in particular 'Frail' with its chorus lines and 'My pleasure' with its cymbals (never fails to get me those cymbals-showers sound). And 'Nice' too.

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #98,472 of 106,723
Yes it is. I publish my original text here at Headfi and then I use AI for my website to avoid plagiarism. Otherwise, if I publish the exact same text both at Headfi and my website, the website gets omitted from Google search results.

Do you have another solution?
Is this why I can't Google and find my blog?

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #98,474 of 106,723

Users who are viewing this thread

Back