The discovery thread!
Mar 26, 2024 at 1:12 AM Post #97,876 of 103,226
Brass tips on an already long nozzle IEM?

709DBA43-6B57-461B-8A83-F72C23FB7A9E.gif

Mine has Xelastec S tips. Fit deep and seal well, though a bit difficult to wear.

Haha, they fit perfectly for me ( I have 2 size of pentaconn coreir L for shallow insertion and this one M for deeper insertion), but still need to tips rolling as usual, yeah a got xelastec too. smaller than MS eartips can't fit my inner ears both deep insertion let alone shallow one.

Mar 26, 2024 at 1:12 AM Post #97,877 of 103,226
I'm not sure exactly, but I'm fairly certain, but not 100% sure, it's the large tips that came with my OD200? They create a perfect seal with the Trio.
I got a new xinhs cable for the Trio. Had no clue it's a fat mofo!

1000060750.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240326_111001.jpg
    IMG_20240326_111001.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #97,879 of 103,226
Mar 26, 2024 at 2:57 AM Post #97,880 of 103,226
I don't usually like hyping products up, but the Kefine Delci is going to be my reference set under 100$ period. A neutral sounding iem with a hint of lower-end boost giving the perfectly enjoyable signature for most genres. Handles power really well, doesn't distort even at louder volumes, I just love this
😍
😍

1711436229392.png

Mar 26, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #97,881 of 103,226
Mar 26, 2024 at 3:37 AM Post #97,883 of 103,226
KINERA URD

This is more of a personal discovery. URD was launched almost two years ago, but I hadn't had the opportunity to try it until now. I'm grateful to the generous folks at Kinera for this unexpected surprise.

From the initial moment, the URD clicked with me. Its aesthetics are striking, and its sound profile is impressively decent. Frankly, the presentation and unboxing experience are better than those of the Verdandi. The packaging is larger, and the case is notably superior to what accompanies the Verdandi. In terms of looks, we can all agree that Kinera produces some of the best-looking iems in the industry.

It has a warm signature and a very natural timbre. The bass is quite impactful. The 2DD configuration for the lows really intrigued me and I am satisfied with the bass on this iem. Very surprisingly, I find a lot of people mentioning the bass is lean. I do not find the bass to be lean from any standard. Sure, the bass is not the most refined or very precise one, but it has decent impact and body. It is more of a thick bass filling up your head but not overdone. There is a good sub-bass presence, and the midbass is more emphasized with good control. I love this kind of bass. It does not intrude into the upper-frequency region.

The mids are lovely. It has a natural feel to it. The midrange maintains its sweetness and is quite clean in terms of resolution. Yeah, sure, there is good warmth in the midrange but nothing is muffled. The lower midrange gains a decent weight from the bass region. Vocals shine really well, with both male and female voices exhibiting rich texture and consistent note presence. The upper mids have good energy and do not get shouty or harsh.

The treble is well-controlled. There is good detailing and extension. Those ESTs have been very well implemented to bring out a very nice and detailed treble. There could be a bit more airiness but that's not really a complaint. It's not as airy as something like Monarchs, but that's totally fine by my standards.

In terms of technical capability, URD is very decent again. It is not the best-resolving iem but it is good at bringing out the details. The headstage is very decent, with a feel of good spacious sound around the head. Imaging is good enough, but not the best again. Overall, the URD leans towards a musical presentation, striking a good balance between solid technical performance and an enjoyable listening experience, offering the best of both worlds to its users.

In terms of synergy with sources, URD can take a decent amount of juice. It pairs up quite well with the Lotoo Paw Gold Touch and the Earmen Angel. Angel, with its powerful nature and a near-bright profile, helps the URD a lot. It sounds airier on Angel than LPGT, while the LPGT brings out a lot of refinement and subtle nuances.

I believe URD remains highly relevant in today's context. Considering its great aesthetics and sound quality, the price still seems justified to me. I am in love with this iem and find it flawlessly satisfying in every aspect.

IMG_9770.JPEG

IMG_9771.JPEG

IMG_9772.JPEG

IMG_9773 (1).jpg

Mar 26, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #97,884 of 103,226
KINERA URD

This is more of a personal discovery. URD was launched almost two years ago, but I hadn't had the opportunity to try it until now. I'm grateful to the generous folks at Kinera for this unexpected surprise.

From the initial moment, the URD clicked with me. Its aesthetics are striking, and its sound profile is impressively decent. Frankly, the presentation and unboxing experience are better than those of the Verdandi. The packaging is larger, and the case is notably superior to what accompanies the Verdandi. In terms of looks, we can all agree that Kinera produces some of the best-looking iems in the industry.

It has a warm signature and a very natural timbre. The bass is quite impactful. The 2DD configuration for the lows really intrigued me and I am satisfied with the bass on this iem. Very surprisingly, I find a lot of people mentioning the bass is lean. I do not find the bass to be lean from any standard. Sure, the bass is not the most refined or very precise one, but it has decent impact and body. It is more of a thick bass filling up your head but not overdone. There is a good sub-bass presence, and the midbass is more emphasized with good control. I love this kind of bass. It does not intrude into the upper-frequency region.

The mids are lovely. It has a natural feel to it. The midrange maintains its sweetness and is quite clean in terms of resolution. Yeah, sure, there is good warmth in the midrange but nothing is muffled. The lower midrange gains a decent weight from the bass region. Vocals shine really well, with both male and female voices exhibiting rich texture and consistent note presence. The upper mids have good energy and do not get shouty or harsh.

The treble is well-controlled. There is good detailing and extension. Those ESTs have been very well implemented to bring out a very nice and detailed treble. There could be a bit more airiness but that's not really a complaint. It's not as airy as something like Monarchs, but that's totally fine by my standards.

In terms of technical capability, URD is very decent again. It is not the best-resolving iem but it is good at bringing out the details. The headstage is very decent, with a feel of good spacious sound around the head. Imaging is good enough, but not the best again. Overall, the URD leans towards a musical presentation, striking a good balance between solid technical performance and an enjoyable listening experience, offering the best of both worlds to its users.

In terms of synergy with sources, URD can take a decent amount of juice. It pairs up quite well with the Lotoo Paw Gold Touch and the Earmen Angel. Angel, with its powerful nature and a near-bright profile, helps the URD a lot. It sounds airier on Angel than LPGT, while the LPGT brings out a lot of refinement and subtle nuances.

I believe URD remains highly relevant in today's context. Considering its great aesthetics and sound quality, the price still seems justified to me. I am in love with this iem and find it flawlessly satisfying in every aspect.

IMG_9770.JPEG

IMG_9771.JPEG

IMG_9772.JPEG

IMG_9773 (1).jpg
Kinera IEMs are so pretty. Like porcelain decorations.

Mar 26, 2024 at 3:47 AM Post #97,885 of 103,226
KINERA URD

You use an amp and portable DAP eh.. cool.
Your views on urd seem to match with @suman134 ( and it looks so pretty)

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #97,886 of 103,226
Timmy's new colab with Dunu is a 2dd+4ba hybrid

1000031926.png

1000031925.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #97,887 of 103,226
Is CCA part of kz or different brand? I have the kz castor bass and CCA trio.. both have similar she'll etc

KZ = CCA = JOYAUDIO

All come from the same pokemon factory.

I thought I had good price on Trio with all the “limited edition” talk. Now they slash the price

0D9AECF5-296C-4EA2-ACFB-0D1EAFCC3ED7.jpeg

These pokemons will never be "LIMITED EDITION" bro, cause every week a new pokemon is born! They are the least endangered species in the wild!

Mar 26, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #97,888 of 103,226

Users who are viewing this thread

Back