The discovery thread!
Mar 4, 2024 at 4:24 AM Post #96,496 of 100,034
Yes

Copy and paste the link text to your browser address bar instead of clicking the link
Thanks, but doesn't work. Tried 4 browsers, even with diff. country endpoint VPN, cleared cookies/cache. Weird, guess AliExpress has started doing more geography based sales restrictions. Thanks for the tip still! :thumbsup:

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:05 AM Post #96,497 of 100,034
My most favourite discovery today: Tri Clarion ear tips https://hifigo.com/products/tri-clarion

These are packed with the FatFreq IEMs. They are comfortable, though not the most comfortable (that honor still sits with Moondrop Spring Tips). The advantage is that they preserve the upper treble extension very well without introducing peaks and without losing bass. So sad that I removed these from my cart last order. Forget the new IEMs, Imma playing with these tips and my current IEMs :dt880smile:

Mar 4, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #96,498 of 100,034
Need to stop listening. The rumble of these sets make me a bit dizzy.
I guess you are not a clubbing guy :wink:

Send me Scarlet...I can't find them anywhere nearby :)

I love this hobby. Nobody is right. Scarlett mini isn’t for everyone.
Now...I want a pair even more :)

Mar 4, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #96,499 of 100,034
Mar 4, 2024 at 6:23 AM Post #96,500 of 100,034
Isn't Croatia a clubbing heaven?
Hahahaha...noooooooo

It maybe used to be in the '90s, but these days...you don't have a decent club to go to and party...
In the '90s, I was in the club almost every weekend, sometimes even three days a week.

And today...if I want to go dancing with my wife...it's hard to find a GIG.

You probably heard about things in the summertime...but that's for tourists...and I am not a tourist :)

Cheers!

Mar 4, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #96,501 of 100,034
Hahahaha...noooooooo

It maybe used to be in the '90s, but these days...you don't have a decent club to go to and party...
In the '90s, I was in the club almost every weekend, sometimes even three days a week.

And today...if I want to go dancing with my wife...it's hard to find a GIG.

You probably heard about things in the summertime...but that's for tourists...and I am not a tourist :)

Cheers!
I remember spending summer in Split in 2014 to attend Ultra Europe amongst other things... what happens in split stays in split :)

Mar 4, 2024 at 6:53 AM Post #96,502 of 100,034
TSMR FEAT
Driver : 2 Balanced armature + 2 Dynamic driver
2 x 8mm dynamic driver hollow coaxial carbon element diaphragm for low-frequency
2 x Knowles balanced armature for mid & high frequency
Impedance : 10 ohm
Sensitivity : 104dB
Frequency response range : 10 ~ 20kHz

431277533_122127885272180986_4242452581248113847_n.jpg
431215902_122127885152180986_6896792793952095434_n.jpg

Mar 4, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #96,504 of 100,034
There’s been some mixed impressions on the Hisenior Mega5EST.

It initially piqued my interest after Listener's glowing review on headphones.com, in addition to @Jaytiss ' review on YT and HFG.

Then @Leonarfd got a set, and was very impressed with it, and this can be seen from his review on here. So I decided to take the plunge.

I can honestly say it’s a very impressive set. I absolutely love the tuning and for me, is the best set I’ve heard to date at or around $500-$600.

I’ve owned the Variations, and the M5E is much better. It sounds more refined and has less aggressive upper mids, which I sometimes found to be a bit shouty on the variations.

I know some ppl haven’t been impressed with it, although that may be down to them having the older version, which I haven’t heard.

This set for me and my preferences though, is a gem at the price.

IMG_2629.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #96,505 of 100,034
There’s been some mixed impressions on the Hisenior Mega5EST.

It initially piqued my interest after Listerner’s glowing review on headphones.com.

Then @Leonarfd got a set, and was very impressed with it, and this can be seen from his review on here. So I decided to take the plunge.

I can honeslty say it’s a very impressive set. I absolutely love the tuning and for me, is the best set I’ve heard to date at or around $500-$600.

I’ve owned the Variations, and the M5E is much better. It sounds more refined and has less aggressive upper mids, which I sometimes found to be a bit shouty on the variations.

I know some ppl haven’t been impressed with it, although that may be down to them having the older version, which I haven’t heard.

This set for me and my preferences though, is a gem at the price.

IMG_2629.jpeg
Agree with you fully, M5E have a really good balance and is my pick for a neutral slight warm sound at the price.

The lukewarm impressions by some kept me asking why, can be due to prefferences.

Mar 4, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #96,506 of 100,034
Agree with you fully, M5E have a really good balance and is my pick for a neutral slight warm sound at the price.

The lukewarm impressions by some kept me asking why, can be due to prefferences.
Could also be that the OG version was inferior.

Mar 4, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #96,507 of 100,034
TSMR FEAT
Driver : 2 Balanced armature + 2 Dynamic driver
2 x 8mm dynamic driver hollow coaxial carbon element diaphragm for low-frequency
2 x Knowles balanced armature for mid & high frequency
Impedance : 10 ohm
Sensitivity : 104dB
Frequency response range : 10 ~ 20kHz

431277533_122127885272180986_4242452581248113847_n.jpg431215902_122127885152180986_6896792793952095434_n.jpg
Looks beautiful but the nozzle seems pretty short to me , maybe it is the pic looks like this ,,,,

Mar 4, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #96,508 of 100,034
Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #96,509 of 100,034
While working around the BA based Symphonium Audio Crimson I realizes how good and criminally underrated is the Shozy Elsa is.

Crimson is highly detailed and clarity oriented IEM with excellent transparency and clarity with mid and highs but it beats me when I pay attention to the slow decay speed of the lows. I would have been okay even if the body was fullish, the shape is like a funnel, bass notes do not have the otherwise natural body and area of impact until the end. It sounds odd. There is no substantial rumble and the rumble it has is not satisfying. Sub-bass isn't that well defined either. Its not like BA drivers cant do that, just look at the Custom Art Fibae 4, wholesome bass.

I am not against it but then look at the Shozy Elsa, its not bassy or full bodied but its a lot more natural, the decay speed is slightly faster but has much better rumble.

2nd niggle is the lack of stage size. It should have been bigger. Notes are a bit on the thinner side but that I will not be critical of because BA drivers can be tuned for precision and accuracy only, then comes the question, why the slower bass decay?If you have Shozy elsa, you know what I mean and if you dont, you should definitely try.

Another high quality BA based IEM that is smoother and calmer but high quality without any obvious flaws is the Panther Audio Legend K8. Man, I have been working around Ba based IEMs for a decade. Started with ER-4P and I love the accuracy and precision of BA based IEMs. I was expecting improvements with multi BA IEMs. They definitely went in the right direction for a while but these new gen at times kind of feel like veering away. I am baffled..

It is a similar situation with the Soundz Flame too, very similar to the Crimson but the bass feels hollow and it too is not tight. Why slow it down to have a DD like delivery and not use a DD if you are not able to tune it properly. These two IEMs kind of feel unfinished. I am not complaining about their technical abilities or resolving abilities but will consider buying a premium car with a door loose? Door is not a vital part but a loose door can annoy and I am annoyed. I have openly opposed the Etymotic XR lineup, asked people not to buy the last generations of Andromeda too. I have no grudge against these brands, Ety is still makes some of the most capable IEMs, loved the Solaris 2020 and the Dorado 2020 to the core too. But what bad is bad and needs to be called out. Hide behind the curtain and we will not be improving, maybe improve on paper but not in reality. Creating a pseudo reality might be your triumph but it wont age well unless improved.

Yes, preferences can vary but there is standard and after more than a decade maybe 500+ IEMs later don't tell me these kind of things are acceptable.

My Honest opinion. If you are offended, very good but I will like to see improvements.
I am not against any of these brands, i know its not child's play, not at all, I just want to see improvements and better implementations, want fuller bass notes? why use BA drivers and leave it unfinished, why not use DD? No IEM is perfect for everyone but let them be less flawed!!
I will definitely like too see how long this post will last. :grimacing:. :deadhorse:

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_9582.jpg

Mar 4, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #96,510 of 100,034
While working around the BA based Symphonium Audio Crimson I realizes how good and criminally underrated is the Shozy Elsa is.

Crimson is highly detailed and clarity oriented IEM with excellent transparency and clarity with mid and highs but it beats me when I pay attention to the slow decay speed of the lows. I would have been okay even if the body was fullish, the shape is like a funnel, bass notes do not have the otherwise natural body and area of impact until the end. It sounds odd. There is no substantial rumble and the rumble it has is not satisfying. Sub-bass isn't that well defined either. Its not like BA drivers cant do that, just look at the Custom Art Fibae 4, wholesome bass.

I am not against it but then look at the Shozy Elsa, its not bassy or full bodied but its a lot more natural, the decay speed is slightly faster but has much better rumble.

2nd niggle is the lack of stage size. It should have been bigger. Notes are a bit on the thinner side but that I will not be critical of because BA drivers can be tuned for precision and accuracy only, then comes the question, why the slower bass decay?If you have Shozy elsa, you know what I mean and if you dont, you should definitely try.

Another high quality BA based IEM that is smoother and calmer but high quality without any obvious flaws is the Panther Audio Legend K8. Man, I have been working around Ba based IEMs for a decade. Started with ER-4P and I love the accuracy and precision of BA based IEMs. I was expecting improvements with multi BA IEMs. They definitely went in the right direction for a while but these new gen at times kind of feel like veering away. I am baffled..

It is a similar situation with the Soundz Flame too, very similar to the Crimson but the bass feels hollow and it too is not tight. Why slow it down to have a DD like delivery and not use a DD if you are not able to tune it properly. These two IEMs kind of feel unfinished. I am not complaining about their technical abilities or resolving abilities but will consider buying a premium car with a door loose? Door is not a vital part but a loose door can annoy and I am annoyed. I have openly opposed the Etymotic XR lineup, asked people not to buy the last generations of Andromeda too. I have no grudge against these brands, Ety is still makes some of the most capable IEMs, loved the Solaris 2020 and the Dorado 2020 to the core too. But what bad is bad and needs to be called out. Hide behind the curtain and we will not be improving, maybe improve on paper but not in reality. Creating a pseudo reality might be your triumph but it wont age well unless improved.

Yes, preferences can vary but there is standard and after more than a decade maybe 500+ IEMs later don't tell me these kind of things are acceptable.

My Honest opinion. If you are offended, very good but I will like to see improvements.
I am not against any of these brands, i know its not child's play, not at all, I just want to see improvements and better implementations, want fuller bass notes? why use BA drivers and leave it unfinished, why not use DD? No IEM is perfect for everyone but let them be less flawed!!
I will definitely like too see how long this post will last. :grimacing:. :deadhorse:

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_9582.jpg

There's nothing wrong with your post, it would be silly if it got removed. I don't really agree with the sentiment that Crimson(or others) are inherently flawed because they don't meet your preferences and expectations. The door analogy doesn't really track imo, because we're talking about a basic function not working properly rather than something preferential and subjective like the upholstery material or similar. I actually quite like Crimson's bass, more than a lot of DDs actually, but it's just a different flavor, and if someone doesn't like the taste of that, it's fine.

Speaking of Shozy btw...I gave my Hibiki away years ago, and found out recently that person is still using it. I see this as an absolute win! I've given IEMs away before and usually you find out later the person hardly ever used it. You gotta celebrate the small victories in life lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back