• BPP.png
    BPP.png
    87 KB · Views: 0
Mar 4, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #96,482 of 101,544
One of the early review by Paul Wasabi of the uuh, unique KZ Symphony

and Tonedeafmonk Review which as expected, he didn't like it

The KZ n@zi is coming for you! "No KZ for you!" NEVERMORE!! lol

Mar 4, 2024 at 12:23 AM Post #96,483 of 101,544
Which budget dongle provides a balanced line out?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #96,484 of 101,544
Very much opposite, the "loudness war" in IEMs, instigated by the likes of Campfire Audio with its recent adorable Trifecta resulting in low impedances of IEMs (16 Ohm and lower, and remember the value cited is at 1 kHz, the impedance swing can be much wilder). To drive such IEM with a low background nice is a great hassle, hence the kilobuck DAPs entering the scene and the legendary "kilobuck" cable "matching"...
well, it's not exactly a great hassle in itself, but the market movement towards zero ohm OI amplifier outputs in combination with this does pose a great challenge.

Zero ohm OI "rule" is also what makes sensible output voltage for high-Z over-ears and these ultra-low-Z IEMs almost impossible to achieve in one single amplifier.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 4, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #96,485 of 101,544
Howdy folks,

My review of HiBy Yvain is online on YouTube here:

Big thank you to @Joe Bloggs and @Damz87 for arranging the Australian review tour that made this review possible.

I'll write a shorten review article on Head-Fi "soon."

Bro you need to do something about the focus of the video, help the camera decide between your face and the screen :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 4, 2024 at 2:05 AM Post #96,486 of 101,544
Bro you need to do something about the focus of the video, help the camera decide between your face and the screen :)
I know. I’ll remove my face from the camera next time 🤔

Off topic: Sometimes I still laugh at my naive dream when I started that I can make pretty videos like Joshua Valour. Still haven’t figured out the lightning and audio :dt880smile:

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:22 AM Post #96,487 of 101,544

Off topic: Sometimes I still laugh at my naive dream when I started that I can make pretty videos like Joshua Valour. Still haven’t figured out the lightning and audio :dt880smile:
The work some YT do like Joshua is so professional, I guess one of my reasons why I have been hesitant about starting YT myself is that I don't think I'm ever able to do the same. And its also my Norwenglish 😂

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #96,488 of 101,544

Bro which camera are you using? now a days camera have continous focus with face detection which you can enable.

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #96,489 of 101,544
image.jpg

I love the Maestro Mini. Maybe I should check out the grand maestro one day. One would expect it to be a one trick pony with only bass, acceptable mid, meh resolution and meh stage, but that’s not the case. I do have concern about frequent exposure to this amount of bass quantity though.

The Scarlet Mini, on the other hand … (sorry @Jaytiss)

Edit: the R3II is no match for both of these IEMs. Everything is even tighter and the stage is larger on DX300. I wish I still have R8ii here to test

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #96,490 of 101,544
Bro which camera are you using? now a days camera have continous focus with face detection which you can enable.
Panasonic GF7. It does face detection alright, but the problem is I stop looking at the camera once in a while. Will find a way to focus lock or switch to manual lenses in the future. Let’s get back to audio topic :dt880smile:

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:56 AM Post #96,491 of 101,544
The work some YT do like Joshua is so professional, I guess one of my reasons why I have been hesitant about starting YT myself is that I don't think I'm ever able to do the same. And its also my Norwenglish 😂
If you speak like Fenriz of Darkthrone or Ihsahn of Emperor. It will be fine.

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:57 AM Post #96,492 of 101,544
image.jpg

I love the Maestro Mini. Maybe I should check out the grand maestro one day. One would expect it to be a one trick pony with only bass, acceptable mid, meh resolution and meh stage, but that’s not the case. I do have concern about frequent exposure to this amount of bass quantity though.

The Scarlet Mini, on the other hand … (sorry @Jaytiss)

Edit: the R3II is no match for both of these IEMs. Everything is even tighter and the stage is larger on DX300. I wish I still have R8ii here to test
I love this hobby. Nobody is right. Scarlett mini isn’t for everyone.

Mar 4, 2024 at 3:07 AM Post #96,493 of 101,544
I love this hobby. Nobody is right. Scarlett mini isn’t for everyone.
The Scarlett Mini sounds much more controlled from the DX300. The R3II completely fell apart when driving this one. It’s still boomy, but the bass is more textured and controlled now.

I still much prefer the Maestro Mini, but I can see the appeal of this Scarlet mini now.

Edit: nope. I am dizzy and nauseous when listening to bassy track with Scarlet again. Nope

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 3:15 AM Post #96,494 of 101,544
Panasonic GF7. It does face detection alright, but the problem is I stop looking at the camera once in a while. Will find a way to focus lock or switch to manual lenses in the future. Let’s get back to audio topic :dt880smile:
Manual lenses are hard to deal in such cases bro. Even if you look down, you should be focused. :frowning2: Maybe tweak the settings a bit.

Mar 4, 2024 at 4:24 AM Post #96,495 of 101,544
You make me sound as a KZ hater and that's not the case at all. I just appreciate good tunings and value and the Symphony is neither of those.
Not KZ hater, i previously mention
You dont like castor harman because of it sounds thin and prefer the warmer castor bass
From the graph and early impression who already warned for thinner sound, i could guess that you wont like symphony.

You know, knowing your go to reviewer sound preference is important.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back