The discovery thread!
Feb 27, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #96,211 of 103,338
TRN Azure Dragon

2.jpg

https://twitter.com/TrnAudio/status/1762377986521919551

Better wait for first adopter reviews first though. TRN tuning (and QC) is quite hit or miss.

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #96,212 of 103,338
Personally, I would bring a cheap TWS set for gym work, no wires for convenience, and even if it gets damaged, no pain to the wallet.
Absolutely, that's why I am asking.
I saw something on another thread...and I thought, man...

I hope the guy who sold me kilobuck IEMs didn't go running with them or work out; disgusting, hahaha.

Also, what's the point? You buy kilobuck IEMs. Why...because of the high-end sound...

And what do you do...you ruin that sound with your extreme breathing, etc...
it's like eating chips and listening to kilobuck IEMs...

And there are so many good IEMs these days for $100, as we all know.

So, it's hard to trust someone when you are buying used IEMs in mint or perfect condition... :)

I wouldn't be surprised now that folks even take showers with them :)

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #96,213 of 103,338
Wow, congratulations on the Kinera Verdandi.

Thanks for mentioning Alpha Omega Ra. Trust me, brother, these iems are just wonderful, and the brand is literally gifting away these iems at such a cheap price. They are CIEM makers, basically. The fit on Ra is amazing. It's very well built, ciem style, small in size, and just disappears in the ears. Wonderful fit for me.

Technically, it’s far ahead of Supernova and OH700vb. The bass is as solid as OH700VB, which, as you can imagine, is near basshead level. The bass on Ra is even better textured, and the layering is better too. EST drivers, you can imagine the good treble on it. The clarity and cleanness of sound are second to none. In fact, I find it as technical as the Hype10, which is 900 USD. These are selling for 600 USD which is nothing. Unbelievable. Let’s hope you get a unit very soon to try. I promise, you won't be disappointed.
I haven't found any info about shipping on their website.

Feb 27, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #96,215 of 103,338
If you prefer warmer than neutral and not analytical i would suggest avoid M15S. It is very good but slightly detailed focus of the three that you mentioned. About the DX260 and WM1A MK2, DX260 here has more speed, more clarity, and better definition for instruments, slightly recessed in midrange though. WM1A MK2 is outstanding with meaty midrange, rich and denser vocals although lacks in details in comparison. Mango OS of DX260 sounds even cleaner than the Android one.
Thanks, sounds like the dx260 and wm1a2 trade punches, so no doubt I would be happy with either. My head is saying go for the extra power of the DX260.

I also have an RS2, which doesn't have great power and it doesn't get the best out of a lot of my iems, so worried I would feel the same about the Sony.

The only headfi shop in my city only does A&K and Fiio, so can't test either of the 2 I asked about.

Feb 27, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #96,216 of 103,338
Feb 27, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #96,218 of 103,338
I haven't found any info about shipping on their website.
Yeah, they are revamping the website. They can ship via DHL. Sending you the contact info in the pm.

Feb 27, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #96,220 of 103,338
Any love for the Rose Technics QT9 MK3? I was surprise by their technical performance, bass is excellent tbh...tonaly wise its quite a departure from warmer-darker QT9 MK2.
i see these selling for around 200$ on ALi X, at this price, its a good value. at 280$ MSRP it hold its ground but enter more competitive market...
anyhow, if you like well balanced bright bassy tonality these are a good bet imo.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/rose-technics-qt-9-mk3.26967/reviews#review-33109

Pros:
-fun energic, bright U shape musicality
-great resolution
-fast flexible and well controlled bass
-open holographic spatiality
-great imaging and layering
-transparent and crisp mids
-fast snappy treble
-wide and deep soundstage
-small and sturdy built
-generous accessories
-good sound valuee at 200$ price drop

Cons: -
upper mids might be too bright for some
-piano has thin presence and light note weight
-timbre isn't the most natural
-while snappy the highs aren't very sparkly and brilliant

1709047402026.png

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #96,221 of 103,338
Feb 27, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #96,222 of 103,338
I thought Nio would blow my mind excitedly...but it didn't.

I thought I was buying bass canons, aka "basshead" IEMs, but I would not call them that.

If Volur is Nio's bigger brother, I heard something like that;
I would be sceptical if I would be looking again for what I was looking for.

On the other hand...IER Z1R eats Nio for breakfast every day, all day if you're asking me...

It's interesting to hear opinions, but one thing we keep forgetting all the time when we speak about stuff...
we actually talk about ourselves.

So..how we differ from one to another is the differential taken into consideration of the actual perception of the headphones.

If "you" and "I" are different individuals as sky and ground are,
how can we pick the same thing from the same IEMs we talk about?

What is exciting for someone can be utterly dull for another... and vice versa.

Nio is good; you can hear the TOTL sound, and lots of good bass...but man,
I experienced them entirely differently than those who "made" me buy a pair.

Cheers!
Nice perspective 💯

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #96,223 of 103,338
I have one question...or a query...how many of you would take 1k or 2k IEMs for jogging or working out in the gym?

Cheers!
Hell, no. I would bring a cheap set of wireless or ultra-budget wired IEMs, for many reasons.

One, sweat. Do you really want to risk damaging the drivers of your $1K IEMs through moisture? Two, practicality. No wires. No muss, no fuss. Three, use case, especially at a gym. Gyms are noisy places. They're not a place for critical listening. So why bring a pair of $1K IEMs there?

In general, I treat my audio gear like precious gems. I would NEVER wear a $1K IEM in any situation in which sweat was a factor. Ever. Time and place, man. Time and place.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #96,224 of 103,338
KZ Symphony on the way. Meanwhile I have been giving the PR3 a good workout. The bass on this piece is superb, I can't imagine what the Symphony is going to be like. Jennifer Galatis is well worth checking out, she has a good selection on YouTube.

This kzpr3 is a planar iem na? Good bass eh? Hmmm will wait to see how symphony is. Never got any kz until now. That CCA trio is yet to make it to my country. Pr3 is available though. But wise to wait for symphony and see how it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back