The discovery thread!
Feb 21, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #95,866 of 101,957
Crin talking smack about Simgot on twitter the same day this thing shows up on linsoul...

https://www.linsoul.com/products/kiwi-ears-x-crinacle-singolo

Better sounds good, it's ugly af.
1708542599724.png

tweet for reference:
1708542644218.png

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #95,867 of 101,957
Crin talking smack about Simgot on twitter the same day this thing shows up on linsoul...

https://www.linsoul.com/products/kiwi-ears-x-crinacle-singolo

Better sounds good, it's ugly af.

tweet for reference:
IMO, they're hideous.
Seems like a blatant conflict of interest.
"Oh, Imma talk smack about a competitor to the set I'm about to premier..."
Guess he's worried about people considering the EA500LM instead of his...whatever it's called.
Sin. Go Low.
Looks like he did.

Feb 21, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #95,868 of 101,957
Guess he's worried about people considering the EA500LM instead of his...whatever it's called.
Sin. Go Low.
Looks like he did.
Exactly. He doesn't review, just make products at this point. I mean he still has influence, but this is KZ levels of smack talking.

Feb 21, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #95,869 of 101,957
The QoA Aviation graphs similarly to the Galileo, with the rolled-off bass and treble. I haven't heard it other than YouTube sound comparison videos (which never should be an authoritative source), but it seems to be a $200 Galileo.

Anyone who has heard the Galileo and Aviation, please chime in ...

The Galileo is SO close for me. But the bass extension just isn't there, and I could use a touch more treble detail. Female vocals are deluxe, while male were very good but can get a smidge shouty depending on the track.

My problem with the Galileo is that Timmy (Gizaudio) played it too safe with the tuning. He needed to extend a bit on both ends. The Galileo isn't compressed, but it feels chopped off. There's too much information crammed into the midrange due to the lack of bass and treble extension.

My search for Goldilocks continues, and now I'm zeroing in on the Penon Fan 2. Everything I've read indicates it's a more technical but still very musical listen. Kind of what I sought from the Galileo and didn't quite get. A Galileo 2 with more extension at both ends could be KILLER at $130.
Like you I got the 6XX, and my first impression of IEMs was that they were very bright and shouty, felt like stickin needles in my ears. Or super bassy, got QKZ x HBB with way too much bass. It wasn't until I got the Fan 2 I felt at home. There's something about them that reminds me of the 6XX. Fit can be an issue though.

Feb 21, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #95,870 of 101,957
It's sus to bash a competitor and release a collab IEM on the same day.

Something is a bit fishy, would Crin bash Simgot's products if he did a collab with them?

Also, what's the selling point of the Singolo when Crin has Truthear Zero in his portfolio? No one is going to care about Crin style tuning when it's been done to death.

Feb 21, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #95,871 of 101,957
Hey folks.
I just finished my review on the new flagship DAP HIBY R8 in the beautiful Bordeaux Red, I for one love the R8 II. Feel free to read, cheers.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hiby-r8-ii.27046/review/33072/

Thank you! I always enjoy reading your reviews. They are so detailed and tell me everything I'd want to know about a product. I particularly like your use of spider graphs when comparing IEMs. It's one of the more useful tools I've seen.

Feb 21, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #95,872 of 101,957
It's sus to bash a competitor and release a collab IEM on the same day.

Something is a bit fishy, would Crin bash Simgot's products if he did a collab with them?

Also, what's the selling point of the Singolo when Crin has Truthear Zero in his portfolio? No one is going to care about Crin style tuning when it's been done to death.
Here is food for thought. Crinacle might have gotten a lot of negative feedback regarding his collab efforts and wanted to look less involved in conflict of interest?

Feb 21, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #95,873 of 101,957
The Galileo is SO close for me. But the bass extension just isn't there, and I could use a touch more treble detail. Female vocals are deluxe, while male were very good but can get a smidge shouty depending on the track.

My problem with the Galileo is that Timmy (Gizaudio) played it too safe with the tuning. He needed to extend a bit on both ends. The Galileo isn't compressed, but it feels chopped off. There's too much information crammed into the midrange due to the lack of bass and treble extension.

My search for Goldilocks continues, and now I'm zeroing in on the Penon Fan 2. Everything I've read indicates it's a more technical but still very musical listen. Kind of what I sought from the Galileo and didn't quite get. A Galileo 2 with more extension at both ends could be KILLER at $130.
I completely agree with your impression, it does just feel like the bass and upper treble is chopped off a bit, and it becomes quite obvious once you listen to an IEM with that full range again. The one thing I really enjoy about the Galileo is that it's one of the few IEM's which I've heard that can be a little bit brighter leaning, but very smooth and unfatiguing while doing it, others I've tried have had significant peaks or glare to the sound which the Galileo doesn't have. I'm not sure if that's because it has a smooth frequency response or whether it's the lack of upper treble extension, could be both - I could probably live without the extra treble extension if that were part of the reason, but I'd love to have that extra bass just for a bit of body to the sound definitely.

I'll definitely have a look at the IEM's you've mentioned as well, I think I'm a lot firmer now on the logical step up from the Galileo being my desired target.

Have you tried the Truthear Hexa? I heard from a friend they're not too dissimilar, but still have meaningful differences.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #95,874 of 101,957
Ok. You mad lads talked me into it.
Jk.
I talked myself into it!
I am a sucker for deals like this.
I had some rewards points from HiFiGo as well.
Been curious about the single "Magic" BA anyways.
I love mine. Gave them a 4.5 in my review. Hope you enjoy!

Feb 21, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #95,875 of 101,957
Feb 21, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #95,876 of 101,957
Feb 21, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #95,877 of 101,957
I feel like Kiwi Ears needs a good release with the last 2 being Forteza and Melody which weren't super well received.
And the quartet, which wasn't good. Only broken up by the Quintet, so they are on a bit of a losing streak, so I agree with you. This probably won't be it, though who knows?

Feb 21, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #95,878 of 101,957
Feb 21, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #95,879 of 101,957
IMO, they're hideous.
Sin. Go Low.
Looks like he did.
Total C.O.I., but this is the era we're in now. Btw, I think they look fantastic, but they won't have any mid bass heft of presence, just like the last two Crin collabs I purchased, so I'll likely pass on this too? Unless by some crazy twist of fate....crin decided to tune in some meat?

Feb 21, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #95,880 of 101,957

Users who are viewing this thread

Back