The discovery thread!
Feb 16, 2024 at 4:26 AM Post #95,521 of 100,034
I have exactly same devices as you... I can confirm every of your points !!!
In the end => NW-WM1A + IER Z1R set in BT receiver mode at 990kps is the best SQ and most convenient combo with a good LDAC smartphone..
The BTR7 is not bad but rather limited with a poor battery playing time. M17 is far too bulky, particularly because you can't avoid at all to take your smartphone outdoor with you too (M17 has no 4G features for outdoor dlna server or qobuz access).

Direct comparison with AAC codec is perfectly clear => it has, by a big margin, more impact than any cables rolling or even any burning period...
What a great coincidence.. umm no.. ita not just happen we have same devices, its more towards you have everything dude! 😂

But yeah, if you have similar setup, you will exactly know what i mean. When endgame is a myth, then these are close to.. cheers!

Feb 16, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #95,522 of 100,034
Feb 16, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #95,523 of 100,034
Feb 16, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #95,524 of 100,034
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/the-penon-renata-cable.27038/reviews#review-33017
Weighting in at 58 grams the RENATA is 2 grams less than the BETA RENATA review sample, but totally more well rounded as opposed to the first BETA edition. Wow this was a wild and fun review to do...........and it makes the SIMGOT EA1000 better than I have ever heard it?
DSC_1337.jpega.jpeg
Noble Audio K-10 Encore Universal IEM

DSC_0393.jpegzsa.jpeg
SIMGOT AUDIO EA1000
Really looks beautiful ,

What is the price of this cable ?

Feb 16, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #95,525 of 100,034
Really looks beautiful ,

What is the price of this cable ?
Well it should be for sale any day now? Maybe tomorrow or the next day? I was told it would be $250.00 to $300.00 when it is offered at Penon Audio. It has the spatial imaging of pure silver minus the brightness, so it is magically slightly warm, yet all of the detail and stage.......along with bass imaging and clarity to boot. The difference (while in use with the EA1000) between the SIMGOT LC7 and the RENATA was drastic.......the best cable in my history in daily use with the SIMGOT AUDIO EA1000? Of course this cable cable is substantially more money than the LC7 4.4mm still.

In contrast with the EA1000 the vivid forwardness and wider imagery was simply more real, and getting involvement from that reality. Stuff was simply clearer, bigger and taller, thicker and wider.....plus more 3D!

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #95,526 of 100,034
Feb 16, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #95,527 of 100,034
Moondrop has added benefits of CS43131 and high gain, for IEMs which can scale.
Thanks .... I have a personal preference for Qualcomm dongles over anything else (have two handful of CS43131 DACs too and at the end what matter is not really the chip but the implementation). Ordering a Moondrop BT kit too for good measure to give it a try... did you get a good deal? should that be the case, any pointer please?

Damn hobby (actually a psychological dependency) ...

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #95,528 of 100,034
Thanks .... I have a personal preference for Qualcomm dongles over anything else (have two handful of CS43131 DACs too and at the end what matter is not really the chip but the implementation). Ordering a Moondrop BT kit too for good measure to give it a try... did you get a good deal? should that be the case, any pointer please?

sold out

Feb 16, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #95,529 of 100,034
One Dot Audio Amarantine Review

ODA Amarantine IEM was sent to me by @nihalsharma for a detailed audition and impressions. Amarantine is One Dot Audio's flagship IEM designed with 5-BA implementation. It is priced at $399.99. I had used my DAP, Cayin N7 as source. I only used single ended output, Class A, High Gain. The IEM is quite easy to drive, able to sound at its best at volume 25.

ODA 1.jpg

The Amarantine has good faceplate design, but put down by the grey colored casing, which makes the IEM less attractive. Build quality is good. Shell size is very good and fits perfectly for me. Provided cable is of good quality and is very supple, with no microphonics. I used Azla Sedna Cristal tips for the testing purposes.

Sound Impressions

ODA 2.jpg

Bass

Bass is quite decent, with rolled off subbass and a decent midbass. Bass decay is quite fast. Mid bass thump seems to be on softer side. Quality and quantity wise, bass is quite okay.

Mids

Mids are slightly recessed and lack clarity and emotion. On some songs, lower mids sound quite backwards in the mix. Upper mids lack extension. Occasionally feeling lifeless. Flutes sound quite dull. A little bass bloom is observed in mids. There is good separation and air in mids area.

Technicalities

Technicalities are pretty decent. It has decent amounts of details. Staging has good width, but depth is below average. Imaging is quite good. But I found little congestion in upper frequencies, though overall separation is quite decent.

Treble

Treble is nicely extended with good amount of details. I would have liked more airiness and sparkle though. Cymbals sound less crisper. Treble is kind of inoffensive and fatigue free. Making it an IEM to listen to for hours.

Overall, ODA’s flagship makes a decent entry into the market, finetuning here and there will make it a lot better product than what it is now, because of the visible potential.

Verdict

One Dot Audio Amarantine costs 399$ for a 5-BA IEM. This is their flagship IEM, but performance wise it’s lacking in more than one section. In these days, where 200$-400$ is a hard fought market with really good contenders, Amarantine found itself lacking in every front. In the end, their flagship does have the chops, but better implementation would have taken them into higher playing field, competing well with the established players in its segment. I hope One Dot Audio finetunes their flagship even further soon.

Feb 16, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #95,530 of 100,034
Feb 16, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #95,531 of 100,034

Got a coupon of 20$ from linsoul which was expiring. Kinda keeping me in the hobby, even if I want to rest it for sometime.
What's a BT kit anyway?

Feb 16, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #95,534 of 100,034
The EA500 LM is quite good, especially for $90. But it also is a case study for those who slavishly obey frequency response as the guiding light in headphone selection.

I've been A/B testing the EA500 LM and Letshouer Galileo (Timmy collab) for the last week or so. If you look at a variety of overlaid SquigLink frequency graphs of both headphones, it appears the sub-bass and bass are similar.

Well, graphs deceive in this case. The EA500 LM has far more bass and sub-bass extension than the Galileo. Not even close. The Galileo bass may be more pinpoint, but it is less warm and thinner than the EA500 LM, something apparent within seconds of listening to both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back