The discovery thread!
Feb 5, 2024 at 5:48 AM Post #94,711 of 100,024
image.jpg

Next one. HiBy Yvain. (I still don’t know how to pronounce this name)

Edit: sheesh, this one sounds so strange :dt880smile: It’s certainly not like most IEMs nowadays. Easier on the ears than HiBy Crystal I and II, so, at least it’s good in that way. Very sensitive IEM, so be careful with the volume.

The BA woofer is more competent than then I expected.

Edit 2: Got it. It’s tuned like multi BA set of the yester-years like the Andro. There is a thickness all the way from the bass all the way to midrange with perhaps a diffused field like ear gain. It’s clean and clear sounding but with a slight “fog” or “veil” over the lower frequencies (one may call it “warm”, or “mud”). Seems like a good tool for tracking or monitoring. Strong isolation and I have good comfort.

Edit 3: It does violin and cello so well. I like it. The cellos sound better on this IEM than the Pula PA02

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #94,712 of 100,024
(Edit: This is for the ibasso 3T-154 since I just realized I only mentioned it midway though my rambling)

The vocals have this weight to them and are generally pretty forward and center. Generally it has a decently thin image with quick attack and decay. Personally after listening to it more I would say its a unholy union between the general agrassiveness of the fiio FD5 but has the smoothess of the Final A50000. While it cant move air as fast as the the A5000 its one of the faster single DDs on the market that isnt pure Be.

Ok back to vocals the main focus of the vocals is on the body with decent enough extension to sound realistic. Not the best at vocal texture due to its particuar querk of slightly smoothing things over but there is enough texture to enjoy the music. While it has the side effect of being able to blast the music at loud volumes it now reminds me of how the air gap in speakers generally affect the texture and I think that was what they were going for. Vocals form REOL's earlier works like "No Title" I found that the 3T was able to keep up and unlike alot of iems that makes her autotuned voice extra thick and suffocating its able to keep up with her voice.

The only issue with blasting the music is that it showcases badly masted music along with all its glorious unintended sibilance.

Ok back to the good points. It saperates different images/voices with clear precision. Makes chamber and folk music so fun to listen to.

TBH the more I listen to it the more I wonder why they arent charging double the price. My only guess is that it isnt detailed enough.

Oh yeah the sound is gnerally quite enveloping with near 0 dark space unless its true audiophile grade recording like nana accoustic online. This gives quite the live venue feeling which is enhanced by its moderate V tuning.

Well its still the honeymoon phase but I turely believe that this iem will have staying power assuming they market it. Although I can see the biggest issue is that it might be too dry for some even with the smoothness due to the lack off added decay.

One last thing before I end my rambling. The 3T scales nicely and plays well with tubes if you want that extra smooth experience.
Thanks for the impressions. Seems like the issues can be solved with a simple EQ.

I just ordered mine on AE. I've been waiting for this for quite some time. I don't know why I have a big sympathy towards single DD iems. Especially big ones.

Feb 5, 2024 at 6:25 AM Post #94,713 of 100,024
Thanks for the impressions. Seems like the issues can be solved with a simple EQ.

I just ordered mine on AE. I've been waiting for this for quite some time. I don't know why I have a big sympathy towards single DD iems. Especially big ones.
Hmmm might try eq out but generally post 8khz eq I find to be kind of a crap shot to get correct. Personally if DSP is involved I would prefer a reverb plugin.

Looking forward to your impressions when they eventually arrive hopefully end Feb(CNY will delay everything from china sadly)

Feb 5, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #94,714 of 100,024
So I'm sitting here with three really great IEM's....one is an unexpected one.

The Tansio Mirai 10th X. Clean, clear and using with bass switches on...an unusual offering from TM....nearly a bass cannon. With the balanced switch on fantastic for classical, orchestral and violins. I ❤️it.

The Penon 10th Anniversary. A musical Leprechaun must have tuned this with magic powder....a magical Penon offering that moves me every time I listen to it.

What IEM joins this illustrious company.....The Simgot EA500LM, single Mg/Li DD driver. a $90 wonder. A work of Art/Science that brings left and right brain together to make Zen. Oh how I ❤️music with these three great IEMs. Are we lucky, or are we lucky?

For all of these, a cheap but very good, musical cable...to die for:-

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EHxMiHn

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #94,715 of 100,024
Hmmm might try eq out but generally post 8khz eq I find to be kind of a crap shot to get correct. Personally if DSP is involved I would prefer a reverb plugin.

Looking forward to your impressions when they eventually arrive hopefully end Feb(CNY will delay everything from china sadly)
I have certain songs that I dont know how many times I listened to. Some have really good mastering so I tune knowing how particular part should sound. I also have cross border sibilance, shouty, bright songs that i know. So I use them also as cross check.

For example, sony mdr ex1000(another iem with big 16mm DD) has a dark treble past 8k also an unnecessary peak at 6khz. I tamed 6khz region by about 4.5db and gave and increase of 9db for 13.5-16khz region increasing the crisspines and air. That makes it much more resolving. I spent quite some time with every new IEM to find my sweet spot. You can also try by trial and error. Just simply peak an area and increase/decrease how it effects.

The only catch is not to give up the soundstage much. Meaning that it could lose the depth bringing the instruments more forward if DD has good technical capabilities. So I avoid not giving too much.

Ex1000 has also slight roll off in the lower end but because the sound is bold/thick that doesn't sound like that. Also having the DD that big, giving more bass decreases its precision. The dome having more difficulty with going back to the neutral position. The dome either has to be very rigid or the magnets have to be very strong.

Looks like ibasso catches a sweet spot with that. Slightly smaller size, stronger magnet and I assume a rigid diaphragm if it's really good quality.

Let's see hopefully I'll get it by the end of the Feb. I'll follow up.

Feb 5, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #94,716 of 100,024

The Tansio Mirai 10th X. Clean, clear and using with bass swiches...an unusual offering from TM....nearly a bass cannon. With the balanced switches on fantastic for classical, orchestral and violins. I ❤️it.

The Penon 10th Anniversary. A musical Leprechaun must have tuned this with magic powder....a magical Penon offering that moves me every time I listen to it.

What IEM joins this illustrious company.....The Simgot EA500LM, single Mg/Li DD driver. a $90 wonder. A work of Art/Science that brings left and right brain together to make Zen. Oh how I ❤️music with these three great IEMs. Are we lucky, or are we lucky?

Oh man come on... :)

The amount I should pay is enough for my gf to kill me alive yet I see the praise all over for the tsmr x. I have land and I honestly love its giant soundstage. I love its rigid bass too. Reading x is even better gives me a hard time. I embrace self control. Let's see how it ends up...

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #94,717 of 100,024
I agree. There should be NO bass bleed coming from a $400 unit. Ever.
I don’t think lean, tucked bass is acceptable personally, but I’d never say someone shouldn’t have access to it if it’s their preference.

To each their own, if that’s what they like and they’re willing to pay for it

Feb 5, 2024 at 7:08 AM Post #94,718 of 100,024
Quattro is more mids and bass focus thant treble focus. thats for sure.
and since day 1 i know it will be one of those hate or love affair.
audacious tuning choice imo. i respect that.
it's different.
That sounds like the IEM with distinguished character...and different sounding IEM...

I will definitely keep them on my radar from now on for the future!

Cheers!

Feb 5, 2024 at 7:10 AM Post #94,720 of 100,024
Is Spirit Torino Twin Puls Beryllium enough bullet style? It's a pretty one, too :wink:
I had it, sold recently. It is bullet shaped, but the fit is a hit or miss. Not very comfy for long listening sessions, atleast for me.

Feb 5, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #94,722 of 100,024

The Tansio Mirai 10th X. Clean, clear and using with bass swiches...an unusual offering from TM....nearly a bass cannon. With the balanced switches on fantastic for classical, orchestral and violins. I ❤️it.

Enjoy!!

Feb 5, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #94,723 of 100,024
Final Audio B3_obradjeno_smanjeno.jpg

Hmm...I just couldn't resist and tried one from their IEM series.
Since I am a massive fan of D8000 (probably the best headphones, in my opinion (not humble :wink: )

And...I was completely not disappointed; quite the contrary...I am delighted!
I was hesitant, but now I know what the next step is: Final...

The acoustic music with B3, instruments, and guitars are sublime, and the vocals are amazing.
Metal sounds amazing!

Even though it can handle everything... it is better not to use them for electronic music.
I prefer others...like the newest discovery, NiceHCK F1 (sounds better without Pro :) )

What can I say...I am a big fan of Final Audio :)

Cheers!

Feb 5, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #94,725 of 100,024
(Edit: This is for the ibasso 3T-154 since I just realized I only mentioned it midway though my rambling)

The vocals have this weight to them and are generally pretty forward and center. Generally it has a decently thin image with quick attack and decay. Personally after listening to it more I would say its a unholy union between the general agrassiveness of the fiio FD5 but has the smoothess of the Final A50000. While it cant move air as fast as the the A5000 its one of the faster single DDs on the market that isnt pure Be.

Ok back to vocals the main focus of the vocals is on the body with decent enough extension to sound realistic. Not the best at vocal texture due to its particuar querk of slightly smoothing things over but there is enough texture to enjoy the music. While it has the side effect of being able to blast the music at loud volumes it now reminds me of how the air gap in speakers generally affect the texture and I think that was what they were going for. Vocals form REOL's earlier works like "No Title" I found that the 3T was able to keep up and unlike alot of iems that makes her autotuned voice extra thick and suffocating its able to keep up with her voice.

The only issue with blasting the music is that it showcases badly masted music along with all its glorious unintended sibilance.

Ok back to the good points. It saperates different images/voices with clear precision. Makes chamber and folk music so fun to listen to.

TBH the more I listen to it the more I wonder why they arent charging double the price. My only guess is that it isnt detailed enough.

Oh yeah the sound is gnerally quite enveloping with near 0 dark space unless its true audiophile grade recording like nana accoustic online. This gives quite the live venue feeling which is enhanced by its moderate V tuning.

Well its still the honeymoon phase but I turely believe that this iem will have staying power assuming they market it. Although I can see the biggest issue is that it might be too dry for some even with the smoothness due to the lack off added decay.

One last thing before I end my rambling. The 3T scales nicely and plays well with tubes if you want that extra smooth experience.
Thanks bro for your very informative and helpful impressions,

The shells looks bigger in size , are these comfortable for long time session and or these easy to drive or want some extra juice to shine ,
i think watching movies also will be a joy with this iem 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back