The discovery thread!
Dec 31, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #92,056 of 103,078
Screenshot_20231230_081447_Hermit.jpg
No, you are not.

Anyways, Head-fi got a beautiful antispam button in any profile member.

Just use it, guys.
Nah, I'll keep him around just to have an occasional laugh at posts like the latest one about the groundbreaking Reecho.

Such posts serve as a free reminder not to take all impressions around here too seriously.

Dec 31, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #92,057 of 103,078
Looking at measurments the Quattro should be a very bassy one, the low end style is close to the DTE900. But less ear gain and upper mids, so probably even warmer.

Ascension have a very different type of bass, with less midbass and more sub bass extension. And I would never call it a basshead amount, it's more about being warm enough to have a good balance with the mids and treble.

Yeah, checking the FR could "feel" bassy.

But we should figure out what everyone understand what a "bassy" iem is.

The punch of the subbass? The "thump" of the midbass? Or just a long bass like FH7s or that SR / Penon iems?
I dont feel the FH7s a bassy iem, it clearly has bass, but is more a thick/warm/elongated one.

Screenshot_20231231_113917_Chrome.jpg

By the way, the ANANDA NANO its an end of the year discover

1000018670-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #92,058 of 103,078
Apparently the lawsuit between Knowles and Bellsing has been won by Knowles in end 2021:
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2021-10-08/pdf/2021-21998.pdf
https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...s-in-Trade-Secret-Theft-Case-Against-Bellsing

Outcome:
US court has imposed a "26-year long general exclusion order barring the importation into the United States of Bellsing balanced armature devices that are made with, use, or benefit from Knowles’ trade secrets, as well as any downstream products, regardless of source, containing the offending Bellsing devices, such as hearing aids and wireless headsets".

LOL I'm not sure if this is enforceable though. Can the US customs open and catch every Bellsing containing IEM coming to US shores? Pretty sure if the BA is not labelled, even if the customs officer opens the package and the shell, how are they going to identify that it is a Bellsing BA?
Thanks for share that info. I was always suspicious, since KZ first issue with DQ6 and CRN "social experiment"... ¿why other brands are not going to spend less if we clearly can't recognise the brand of the drivers?

Now, I would like to ask everyone for some recommendations:
Apart of u12t or andromeda, wich fullba iem made on USA would u recommend?

Dec 31, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #92,059 of 103,078
Just a quick Sunday Music and English lesson. Still learning every day!

1000011357.jpg
As we all surely know, "V" is for Vendetta ! 🤣

Dec 31, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #92,060 of 103,078
I wore my SR5s for six months and really liked them. However, since I bought the Xeens Mangird Top, I've hardly used them again.
For me, they're better than the SR5s across the board. The bass is better, particularly the sub-bass. The mids have more detail, the timbre is more natural, and the highs have more detail without being so aggressive...
But for 90$ the value that the SR5s offer is spectacular.
There are also those who think that the EJ07Ms are an upgrade on the TOPs.
Nothing like experimenting, but something I don't think is mentioned often enough on this forum... Enjoy what you have, enjoy the music and remember that you only have one pair of ears...
The Top is undoubtedly a high-quality set, which, due to its non-offensive tuning, gains with listening time. Intuitively, I can feel from the very beginning that everything sounds good. The only thing I wish I had known beforehand, which I didn't exactly saw from the graphs, is that there is definitely a tilt to the lower frequency side (or maybe there's some unit variations).

For example, CCA Rhapsody, which I have since grown to like more than I did in the beginning, has no such tilt (it's more balanced in my ears), despite its similar appearance on the graph.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #92,061 of 103,078
This is what's happening right now with the OD200. I left them on the burn in station, and the overall sound is opening up some, but the nozzles are extremely short, so even with large spiral dots, a turn of the head unseals them. A secure seal is becoming annoying. My next attempt may be to use Xelastecs?
Xelastec need a moment to 'settle' in my ears, then they do the job well. But for the short-nozzled Butastur and CVJ Mei I use the Dunu S&S which grip well with their lengthier body than other tips.

Dec 31, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #92,062 of 103,078
And also the Treble to be crisp yet inoffensive at the same time. Probably a relaxing sound here.
Ah cool. Btw where do you announce your sales? Saw you have (or at least heard) a fab collection of IEMs, and your signature says you often sell. Do you put a notice somewhere? Considering my finances, second hand is the way to go, for me :) Else, this hobby can't last.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #92,063 of 103,078
DSC_0027.jpegw22.jpeg
DSC_0035.jpegsqw.jpeg
DSC_0031.jpegz.jpeg

You know NICEHCK Audio is a supreme cable maker and supplies way over the top cables with their personal IEMs. The new F1 Pro Planar IEM came with this white cable, but then they offered an upgrade cable..............The Blue Cyan went and upgraded the sound of the F1 Pro by adding stage girth and physicality. The NICEHCK Cyan can be purchased along side the F1 Pro Planar IEM for a slight difference in initial cost.

But guess what? The Cyan did the same magic trick with the ZiiGaat Cinno too. The NICEHCK improved staging width as well as added girth and note weight? Strange as normally darker cables don't always add improved stage? Yet in this exact case it was exactly what I wanted to happen with the ZiiGaat Cinno.....and ended my best cable for the ZiiGaat Cinno review, even though I didn't mention it due to the review being already too long. Typically changing to aftermarket cables will get you the 4.4mm balanced connection option from your amplifier.......and yes, it adds the balanced option for the Cinno but at the same time does so much more. I tried other 4.4mm balanced cables with the Cinno and didn't get near these staging results, plus the warmth is needed I feel which smooths out some of the Cinno BA character.

DSC_0041.jpegs.jpeg
DSC_0039.jpegs.jpeg
Well you can colour me clueless in this regard as I mostly use cables with mics such as the Tripowin C8 and the Kinera Ruyi so I can participate in calls from my phone (using usb-c dongles). Can you provide a link for this cable as I googled for it and came across a 300$ cable which is a no no for me?

Also their new planar looks interesting and because I have only DD or hybrid iems I was considering this for a purchase.

And while we are at it can you please suggest a dual output usb-c dongle that supports a mic in the 3.5 socket?

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #92,064 of 103,078
Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #92,065 of 103,078
Nah, I'll keep him around just to have an occasional laugh at posts like the latest one about the groundbreaking Reecho.

Such posts serve as a free reminder not to take all impressions around here too seriously.
Hopefully you will get a chance to hear the Dawn.

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #92,066 of 103,078
https://id.aliexpress.com/item/1005006228604236.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2idn

I see that they are for sale with the F1 Pro, maybe separate?

Sorry don’t know about mic sockets with Dongles.

My review on the F1 Pro will also come out this week.
Well you can colour me clueless in this regard as I mostly use cables with mics such as the Tripowin C8 and the Kinera Ruyi so I can participate in calls from my phone (using usb-c dongles). Can you provide a link for this cable as I googled for it and came across a 300$ cable which is a no no for me?

Also their new planar looks interesting and because I have only DD or hybrid iems I was considering this for a purchase.

And while we are at it can you please suggest a dual output usb-c dongle that supports a mic in the 3.5 socket?

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #92,067 of 103,078

Attachments

• IMG_2669.jpeg
    IMG_2669.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Dec 31, 2023 at 7:42 AM Post #92,068 of 103,078
Dec 31, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #92,069 of 103,078
I dont feel the FH7s a bassy iem, it clearly has bass, but is more a thick/warm/elongated one.
I had them for a week recently and though that warm overall sound is great for some people it was just too much for me.

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #92,070 of 103,078
Ah cool. Btw where do you announce your sales? Saw you have (or at least heard) a fab collection of IEMs, and your signature says you often sell. Do you put a notice somewhere? Considering my finances, second hand is the way to go, for me :) Else, this hobby can't last.
haha Mostly through facebook groups only bro within the community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back