The discovery thread!
Nov 17, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #89,116 of 100,252
What did you not like about it?
I can't quite recall because I immediately didn't like the sound personally. I think the soundstage seemed narrow and the tuning sounded cheap to me (but it is a $40 iem). My top iem under $50 would have to be the Cadenza

Nov 18, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #89,117 of 100,252
Seems like the S12 measurement is done with deeper insertion on the coupler and the S15 not as deep, both aren't placed on the 8khz resonance peak .
If both were measured with same depth, It could result in similar driver nature with similar dip and peaks, only different nylon filter to smoothen the high mids there.
Who knows. Maybe similar driver with little tweaks.
Just listened to the S15 with Joseph from LETSHOUER doing some a/b and the s15 doesn't sound anything like the S12 , Great highs and resolution but way tamer top end on a warmer source sounded really warm vs thin and bright like the S12.

Overall if you like Planar mids and top end details without too much high frequency energy and lots of bass you are going to love the S15.

Still one dimensional stage no real height or depth and monotone bass missing texture and note decay.

Nov 18, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #89,118 of 100,252
You literally just described the new Quattro. Wait till launches very soon. Its going to be an extremely popular IEM. I am willing to bet on it.
Been listening to them all day. Can't get enough of just how engaging the sound is. This is the one. Dont know the price just yet but it will be less than $500.
Cheers for the suggestion mate. Quattro, which brand is that, or is it a particular model? Couldn't find much information about it online.

Nov 18, 2023 at 12:36 AM Post #89,119 of 100,252
Nov 18, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #89,120 of 100,252
Do you have, or have you listened to, any of the IMR earphones?
How would you say they compare to the similarly priced Penon earphones?

Dont have any IMR stuff. I have no idea what price Penon will sell these for. I can tell you these are tuned splendidly and is clearly one of Penons best works of the year. They seem to be saving their best stuff for last. Recent Dome IEM is no joke either. Will reveal much more in my impression of them very soon.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #89,121 of 100,252
Dont have any IMR stuff. I have no idea what price Penon will sell these for. I can tell you these tuned splendidly and is clearly one of Penons best works of the year. They seem to be saving their best stuff for last. Recent Dome IEM is no joke either. Will reveal much more in my impression of them very soon.
Wasn't a great great start for me on my Dome journey definitely not love on first listen and it took a bit for me to wrap my head around the sound stage was super impacted by cable and sources.
Stock cable didn't pair well for me, but in the end came to fall in love with the Dome!

Nov 18, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #89,122 of 100,252
Nov 18, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #89,123 of 100,252
JUZEAR 41T is, in my case, the first authentic product that is worth the price, investing AND no longer turning to anything below this price level.
It is well worth it. I should add that I have heard many many IEMs over the years.
Anyway, what needs to be said it is not a universal product, it has quite limited extremes (almost neutral tuning), although they are of very good quality. The star of the show is the midrange, which Sonion armatures deliver, so it's extremely neutral and organic.

Encouraged by the Juzears, on 11.11 I decided that I would check out the Thieaudio Hype2, which also use Sonion drivers.

Nov 18, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #89,125 of 100,252
11.11 is like 25 minutes away from ending where I Iive.

I got a Gizaudio Gallieo as a gift for a friend + a Moondrop Line K cable for my Moondrop S8 which I forgot to buy with my S8.

Was interested in the Simgot EA1000 but it makes no sense owning this because I have too much gear laying around.

Nov 18, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #89,126 of 100,252
11.11 is like 25 minutes away from ending where I Iive.

I got a Gizaudio Gallieo as a gift for a friend + a Moondrop Line K cable for my Moondrop S8 which I forgot to buy with my S8.

Was interested in the Simgot EA1000 but it makes no sense owning this because I have too much gear laying around.

Never fear.

Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Christmas sales are just around the corner.

Nov 18, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #89,127 of 100,252
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kiwi-ears-melody.26754/reviews#review-32218
OH NO.....a showdown?
DSC_0374.jpegs1.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #89,128 of 100,252
I didn't think I'd order this much for 11.11....

Hidizs MS3
KZ Castor Bass Edition
Kbear Black Blade Cable - hoping to pair this with my Hexa for balanced and aesthetic reasons
NiceHCK Black Cat - hoping to pair this with my Titan S (black/red) for balanced and aesthetic reasons
XINHS 8 Core Silver Cable
XINHS 2 Strand Oxygen Free Copper Grey Cable
Divinus Ear Tips
Tangzu Sancai Wide Bore Ear Tips

Nov 18, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #89,129 of 100,252
IMG_6762.jpeg

This morning's setup during the walk:
BTR7 and ARTTI R1.

The fit is good (similar to the S12).

Medium level insulation from the environment (with standard tip).

Maybe I'm drunk this morning, but to me they sound like planars and not like DDs 😂.

The sound feels dry and fast (to be clear, the opposite of the SHOZY B2 and partly of the SERIAL), with powerful bass and slightly ringing mid-highs (especially on vocals).

They haven't been run in yet, but they appear to me to be quite demanding in terms of power required.

Having said that, I would say that they are very good for how little they cost.

Nov 18, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #89,130 of 100,252
JUZEAR 41T is, in my case, the first authentic product that is worth the price, investing AND no longer turning to anything below this price level.
It is well worth it. I should add that I have heard many many IEMs over the years.
Anyway, what needs to be said it is not a universal product, it has quite limited extremes (almost neutral tuning), although they are of very good quality. The star of the show is the midrange, which Sonion armatures deliver, so it's extremely neutral and organic.

Encouraged by the Juzears, on 11.11 I decided that I would check out the Thieaudio Hype2, which also use Sonion drivers.
General question to all. How do the DDs in triple or quattro dd setup fare against these Sonion drivers for mids ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back