The discovery thread!
Sep 29, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #86,852 of 99,956
there is that one IEMs,

X-ONE L something who supposedly have MIM Dark Magician driver.
they have released a second version who apparently closer to Dark Magician on stock

Not mid-fi, still budget iem tough.

XSL X-One MK.II

Review of the XSL X-one OG/MK.I

Is there anyway to know what version of the X-one you might have from the shell or package?

Sep 29, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #86,855 of 99,956
R3 II unboxing!
There is a 2nd screen protecter under the screen protector put on in the package. Plus it comes with extra screen protectors.

The memory card with my favorite current albums, from my phone.

Bit rate of song file used light above multifunction knob.

My very serious photography assistant...............
Beautiful photos, mate!

So jealous that you have R3 II with you. Mine is on a long tour across Australia now. I miss having that little DAP in my suit pocket.

Edit: lovely doggo

Sep 29, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #86,856 of 99,956
Regarding the Trettire T-CP8 CD player. Infuriating CD player with really exceptional sound. A bargain in one way....a nightmare in other ways. Very attractive and very modern in looks. The sound is audiophile. Better than many DAP and stand alone CD players.....and lots of volume using my Penon 10th Anniversary earphones. On a full charge 10 hours playback. Shake the unit around and nothing skips....amazing. I'm playing a Jazz compilation....."Global Magic Magic Moments volume 4" World Jazz anthology. Sounds involving, great clarity, with enough impact and good edges to notes. But functionality has lot's of drawbacks. Bluetooth is basic and with my Sony Bluetooth Headphones, very ordinary sound. No LDAC or APTX! The buttons are impossible. I have to lift the unit to see them, and long presses and short do different things. To get the CD out when the player is stopped I have to use a toothpick to get to the edge of the CD to lift it because the centre CD holder does not release the CD when pressed, as the instructions ask. So the good is the amazing sound and 10 hours of playback, the look, the disk stability and no jumping whatsoever. Bass, mids and treble are all clear, clean, impactful and musical (you will need good earphones or headphones), the T-CP8 is definitely Audiophile in the traditional sense. The bad almost the whole handling experience. Argghhh! For those of you with patience the sound will reward you. For those of you with little patience, stay well away.....it will drive you mad.

Sep 29, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #86,857 of 99,956
Beautiful photos, mate!

So jealous that you have R3 II with you. Mine is on a long tour across Australia now. I miss having that little DAP in my suit pocket.

Edit: lovely doggo
THX
The doggo I’ve had for 6 months, so she is new?

Also.....
I watched your whole video, and you summarized it great!

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #86,859 of 99,956
Yeah it can be a bit buggy in my experience. Shame. I liked the idea of a btr7 that can also act as a DAP independently.
Well, after I leaned how to use it, it’s fine, not buggy at all. Works as intended, great! I simply had to choose the codec first.

Sep 29, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #86,860 of 99,956
Sep 29, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #86,861 of 99,956
I watched your video review and I saw Hidizs AP80 Pro X next to R3 gen II. How do these two compare? Is the R2 gen II better than the AP80 Pro X?
Thank You.

Sep 29, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #86,863 of 99,956
And the S15.
That’s right, that’s the LETSHOUER? There is once more so many (new planar IEMs) after a slight break to get restored and rested!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back