The discovery thread!
Jun 7, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #80,521 of 105,178
Yup, I don't get why KZ Global (was told that it's not an official KZ store) refuse to just replace it or give me a refund. They're THAT cheap and greedy. They don't give af about customer service / satisfaction / retention at all, just taking consumers' money. However, I also place blame on KZ, since it's their shoddy QC that caused the problem in the first place...

Now HBB is on Facebook, not happy with KZ changing the tuning of the new PR2s being manufactured differently compared to the first few thousand sets. KZ changed the tuning to have a lot more treble, very different from what HBB wanted. How can KZ call the PR2 a collab if they're changing the tuning after they already baited customers with HBB's tuning during the initial launch? They should take HBB's name off the product now, but KZ claims they haven't changed the tuning, even though feedback and measurements say differently.

In the end, KZ is too shady and have bad QC for me to ever support them with my money. I'm going to keep badmouthing them until they show massive improvements. Sadly, I doubt they care about their customers at all and will keep f'n up, as well as give the chi-fi industry a bad reputation.
KZ knows very little about word of mouth and marketing, and most importantly ”customer / user experience”, a smarter company like Sony and established brand do care the UX very much, even to smaller company with less than 1,000 employees such as Moondrop.

KZ shall pay more attention in maintaining user base, rather than keeping “slash-and-burn” approach that they are taking right now.

Chinese market has hundred millions of potential customers, so that slash-and-burn worked until the best they could grown, now I see they’ve reached to their limit and is running behind in competitions these days .

Jun 7, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #80,524 of 105,178
KZ can't even fill PR2 orders for paying customers and now they're gonna send their non-existent stock to people for free?

They've probably over-produced the current form of it anticipating it to be a hit and with some of the community up in arms over it, they'll give these away for free and gear up for the next iteration probably coming out in say like, next week? Or next month?

TBH, it's totally on schedule for KZ releases.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #80,525 of 105,178
This Tyvan Lam character is worse than a hallucinating language AI chatbot

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #80,527 of 105,178
KZ would be giving everyone a run for their money if they invested some of their time on R&D instead of mass producing IEMs and hoping one sticks.

Agree. Shotgun approach isn’t the greatest way to do it. They could dump 1/2 of their releases, shift that into R&D and QC with better results IMO.

Jun 7, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #80,528 of 105,178
Agree. Shotgun approach isn’t the greatest way to do it. They could dump 1/2 of their releases, shift that into R&D and QC with better results IMO.
We maybe should have access to their balance sheet and PNL report first. KZ and the shareholders behind the brand exactly know what they are doing IMO, and even if it doesn’t make much sense for the end consumer most of the time, it does for them, at the end of day. KZ has been active on the market since years and the shareholders might have invested cash in many others companies releasing more premium stuff, in order to diversify the audience and profit sources. I mean, with so many brands around and such an appetite for big sound at lesser expenses, the IEM market is a perfect playground for such structures and a lucrative, steady business.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #80,530 of 105,178
Ending the day with a very good surprise, the Juzear 41T, a 1DD/4BA set nicely tuned. An allrounder in my book already, after 8 hours of listening only.

IMG_4843.jpeg

Jun 7, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #80,531 of 105,178
I still don't get what a graph can tell you... I just don't get it...:thinking:
Where I find FR graphs to be useful: one reviewer has comparison charts between my new interest and an IEM that I’ve already experienced.

example: Moondrop Blessing 3, vs. Blessing 2 Dusk
(thanks to @baskingshark, for pointing out this comparison chart)
1686177280870.png

Jun 7, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #80,533 of 105,178
n them, but to add 3 BA’s in their own tune for 2x the price of an Aful 5 just a few months later…
It's a different tuning. I'm not saying buy it, but if you can demo it, you should. I really like my P8. I rate it over my Meteor and on par with my Dunu Sa5 MK2, maybe more so in ways. It's just out of the box smooth.
Not sure but yea that 14BA might come, with AFUL’s technology I’m almost certain it will be something extraordinary.
I hope so, if you hear anything please post. But I wouldn't expect news until P8 hype starts to die down.
I owned the BTR5 and was shocked at how good it was.
There is a BTR15 coming out soon. BTR7 is very nice, I'm getting one soon during the Midyear sale.
AFUL P8 Review for anyone who cares: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/aful-performer-8.26506/reviews#review-30978 I'll upload photos later.
Thanks Wolfhawk46. Big fan of your work. Thanks for posting.
Ohh we care so much.
Ending the day with a very good surprise, the Juzear 41T, a 1DD/4BA set nicely tuned. An allrounder in my book already, after 8 hours of listening only.
Cool, very interested in that iem. Will you do a more full review for us?

Jun 7, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #80,534 of 105,178
I still don't get what a graph can tell you... I just don't get it...:thinking:

The real question is …

64B718B0-8D24-418E-99AB-72C7D8A9A1EA.gif

AFUL P8 Review for anyone who cares: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/aful-performer-8.26506/reviews#review-30978 I'll upload photos later.

Boy oh boy you are fast. I haven’t even started writing my review :dt880smile:

Btw, for the first time, strongly disagree with you about the ”flat” soundstage assessment. Narrow-ish, yes. Flat, no. This one is deep and 3D like a proper kilobuck, just not outstanding like MEST II yet. Kilobuck-like imaging accuracy as well.

But there's no real substitute for actually listening to something.

True.

FR is pretty bad at conveying intangibles like detail retrieval and soundstage.

Well, yes and no. You can predict the overall shape of the soundstage and where the center of the stage usually sits based on the graph. Detail retrieval is strongly related to treble extension and overall smoothness of the upper response.

The ”true” resolution (the incisiveness, separation in busy passages, note definition) must be heard, though. IEMs can add 5k and 8k peaks to “fake” the resolution but these tend to fall apart when the music gets complex.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back