The discovery thread!
May 3, 2023 at 1:29 AM Post #78,001 of 102,864
KZ PR2 early review units have been appearing here and there.

unlike abit more elusive recent KZ iems that have a bit of a gap from announcement to the third party reviews (at least other than KZ go to reviewers like IanFann)
Hell, i just finally found impression on the nontunable DFI.
It seems plenty review units for PR2 as per HBB state, they are trying to push sales volume and it seems more review units is part of the strategy.

anyhow, regarding PR2, it seems "clean and smooth" is the often repeated word in these early impressions.
still gonna wait for actual reviews from reviewer that i follows.
I ordered the PR2 because at $30, why not? Should get to me by the end of the week hopefully. I'll compare it with my Audeze Euclid but I doubt it can hold a candle to it, not that I expect it to.

May 3, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #78,002 of 102,864
Well, me and some other lucky people got Audeze Euclid brand new for $400. B-stock sold for $300. This was pre-Black Friday at Adorama. They sold out their stock real fast, like within a day. Best $400 I ever spent in audio.

Crinacle didn't like the Euclid's tuning but I love it. I think the Euclid's tuning is perfect for my tastes. Could use even more rumble in the bass, but it'd mess with the Euclid's amazing mids. Euclid at under $400 is a 4-star (I'd go up to 5 stars, but I don't rate IEMs or headphones that way) from me. $1,300 retail price though, not as good of value but still worth it imo.

Euclid Obsidian ZX707 01.jpg
I recently grabbed a unit back again for less than 500$. And now pairing it with Effect Audio Code 23. The only con with Euclid is the fit, if you are happy with the fit, you won't be able to find anything bad with the sound(except if you are a bass head).

May 3, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #78,003 of 102,864
KZ Global store haven't shipped my PR2 yet

May 3, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #78,004 of 102,864
I recently grabbed a unit back again for less than 500$. And now pairing it with Effect Audio Code 23. The only con with Euclid is the fit, if you are happy with the fit, you won't be able to find anything bad with the sound(except if you are a bass head).
Yup, my exact sentiments. Fit is the only problem with Euclid for me. I can only wear it for about 2 hours before my ears start hurting. It's an amazing 2-3 hours of audio bliss though. Plus, it's good not to listen to headphones or IEMs for longer than that or it'll mess up your hearing.

May 3, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #78,005 of 102,864
By the way Tanchijim’s Kara (4BA+1DD) finally showed up at 4/29 JP CanJam.

One reports he liked Kara over B3.
Maybe Kara is detail oriented?🤔

From the prototype version of the Kara that I tried at Singapore CanJam 2023, it is midcentric, thick in note weight. Very smooth and non fatiguing, good timbre.

Technicalities wise, it is average for the price (think it will be $200 - 300USD ish), think there are a lot of other hybrids at the same price that can beat the Kara in this department. Having tried B2 and Dusk, I think those will beat the Kara in technical chops (I haven't tried B3 though).

The Kara final tuning ain't finalized yet, so maybe things might change though.

May 3, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #78,006 of 102,864
A little off topic(maybe or maybe not), but I need some advice. I have a PP8 and the left shell has a few cracks. Doesn't affect the sound in anyway and I plan on getting re-shelling done by InEar sometime at a later date when I'm less busy. But till then can I put some kind of adhesive over the cracks to stop anything bad happening to them?
Attaching a pic of the cracked ear piece.
Please advice.
Note: I take proper care of my gear. The shell was cracked before I bought it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230503_101517.jpg
    IMG_20230503_101517.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 0
May 3, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #78,008 of 102,864
Yup, my exact sentiments. Fit is the only problem with Euclid for me. I can only wear it for about 2 hours before my ears start hurting. It's an amazing 2-3 hours of audio bliss though. Plus, it's good not to listen to headphones or IEMs for longer than that or it'll mess up your hearing.
Which eartips are you using mate? I am currently doing tip-rolling again, currently using them with Mushroom tips, tonight will treat them with JVC Spiral Dots.

May 3, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #78,009 of 102,864
In China, Labour Day holidays till 3rd I guess

May 3, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #78,010 of 102,864
Which eartips are you using mate? I am currently doing tip-rolling again, currently using them with Mushroom tips, tonight will treat them with JVC Spiral Dots.
The included SpinFit CP145. I also tried Azla SednaEarfitLight, but those are too stiff for me.

The tips aren't the problem. It's the Euclid's shape, large size, and somewhat heavy weight. It pushes on the pinna/cavum/concha part of the ear and rests on it. After a few hours, my ears can't handle it anymore and starts hurting. First few hours is fine though and I have no issues with fit. Obviously, I can't sleep or do any strenuous activities while wearing the Euclids though.

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #78,011 of 102,864
The included SpinFit CP145. The tips aren't the problem. It's the Euclid's shape, large size, and somewhat heavy weight. It pushes on the pinna/cavum part of the ear and rests on it. After a few hours, my ears can't handle it anymore and starts hurting. First few hours is fine though and I have no issues with fit. Obviously, I can't sleep or do any strenuous activities while wearing the Euclids though.
Ah thankfully I don't have such a problem, the current issue for me is that the right earpiece doesn't sit firmly into my ears, sometimes it slides slightly out and breaks the isolation from the right side.

May 3, 2023 at 3:02 AM Post #78,012 of 102,864
Ah thankfully I don't have such a problem, the current issue for me is that the right earpiece doesn't sit firmly into my ears, sometimes it slides slightly out and breaks the isolation from the right side.
You should try Azla SednaEarfitLight. They seal and stick in the ear very well but like I said, the material is too firm and stiff for me.

May 3, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #78,013 of 102,864
You should try Azla SednaEarfitLight. They seal and stick in the ear very well but like I said, the material is too firm and stiff for me.
Yeah i have them as well, they are good, but not comfortable with the big shell size of the Euclids. Euclids need something soft not stiff in my case, I find them super good wit hthe JVC mushrooms but like I said before the right side slids off after a while. So will try with JVC Spiral Dots now.

May 3, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #78,014 of 102,864
Today is a good day, got this as a part of the review leg in India.

3d8e6368-1010-44b1-9214-f89a0e293e36.jpeg

May 3, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #78,015 of 102,864

This is a great test song for natural female vocals, mids resolution, and bass texture.

Winners? The KZ Ling long, Sound Rhyme S5, and the Hifiman RE800 Silver.

Wow thanks, I think we really should do track of the day and post one everyday so everyone can enjoy and appreciate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back