The discovery thread!
May 2, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #77,986 of 106,548
I watch television. And when that gets too stupid, as it always does, I go back to my music for years on end.
🤣 Reminds me of watching Netflix show 100s, at the beginning it was interesting then they tun out of plot,
then all following episodes are just simple copy and paste
”sex” “ violence”, “fight for social recognition & personal justice “ 😅

May 2, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #77,987 of 106,548
Driving, working out, Sauna, hanging around, spend time with family and friends, watching / reading, play instruments, and enjoying life just like you do.

Not much different from other human besides we just love to taste difference kind of “Sound”, like you love to taste different kind of wines or foods, different type of TV shows/dramas, movies, novels.

Yes. Flavors.

I have collections of a bunch of different things. Books, cameras, wrist watches, pocket watches, View Masters, comics, DVDs, basses, bass amps, records… it goes on and on and on. There is really no shortage of distractions in life.

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #77,988 of 106,548
What do you guys do when you're burned out from your IEM-collecting-and-listening hobby.

Like, don't get me wrong. I still love IEM's, but not like I used to when I bought my first Shure SE215 years ago and pretty much used them for hours on end every day.
Touching grass i guess, usually i just go to beach or play games, depend on my laziness

May 2, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #77,989 of 106,548
I find that I burn out if I'm constantly streaming new music.
Need a few days listening to favourites old albums from my collection from to reset.
20230503_104520.jpg

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #77,990 of 106,548
I wonder if Crinacle would at some point at a new 4 stars value rating. The SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Less than 1% of IEMs get a three star recommendation from Crinacle.

4-star would literally be market breaking.

No chance any IEM in the upcoming years would get a 4-star rec from him, especially given how high his standards are.

I think the only way this would happen is if Planar tech reaches kilobuck technical prowess for 200 bucks in 4-5 years from now and Crinacle tunes the IEM by himself :gs1000smile:

May 2, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #77,991 of 106,548
Need a few days listening to favourites old albums from my collection from to reset.
Looks like the wall of HBB lol Nice albums!

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #77,992 of 106,548
May 2, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #77,993 of 106,548

No chance any IEM in the upcoming years would get a 4-star rec from him, especially given how high his standards are.

I think the only way this would happen is if Planar tech reaches kilobuck technical prowess for 200 bucks in 4-5 years from now and Crinacle tunes the IEM by himself :gs1000smile:
Give it time. We haven't seen an update to the ranking list in about 18 months.

May 3, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #77,994 of 106,548
Sounds like this the non-bullet shape replacement for the Ling long I was looking for?

The KZ D-Fi has really good tonality (neutral with sub-bass boost) and is closer to a Moondrop or Tanchjim curve than the usual V-shaped KZs. Timbre is also very natural.

Graph of the D-Fi via an IEC711-compliant coupler. 8kHz is a coupler artifact peak:
KZ_D_Fi_Graph-1100x696.jpg

The tuning switches are mostly a gimmick, with just a 4dB difference in bass between the most extreme of switches. In essence, it might be wiser to get the non-tunable version of the D-Fi (which is cheaper), and the non-tunable tuning corresponds to the most bass-lite graph.

The D-Fi however, is extremely weak in technical chops. Soundstage is compressed in all three dimensions, and imaging, instrument separation and micro-details are abysmal. I think some $20 USD IEMs beat them in technicalities easily, and this holds the D-Fi back from greatness.

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 12:31 AM Post #77,996 of 106,548
By the way Tanchijim’s Kara (4BA+1DD) finally showed up at 4/29 JP CanJam.

One reports he liked Kara over B3.
Maybe Kara is detail oriented?🤔

May 3, 2023 at 12:36 AM Post #77,997 of 106,548
The KZ D-Fi has really good tonality (neutral with sub-bass boost) and is closer to a Moondrop or Tanchjim curve than the usual V-shaped KZs. Timbre is also very natural.

Graph of the D-Fi via an IEC711-compliant coupler. 8kHz is a coupler artifact peak:
KZ_D_Fi_Graph-1100x696.jpg

The tuning switches are mostly a gimmick, with just a 4dB difference in bass between the most extreme of switches. In essence, it might be wiser to get the non-tunable version of the D-Fi (which is cheaper), and the non-tunable tuning corresponds to the most bass-lite graph.

The D-Fi however, is extremely weak in technical chops. Soundstage is compressed in all three dimensions, and imaging, instrument separation and micro-details are abysmal. I think some $20 USD IEMs beat them in technicalities easily, and this holds the D-Fi back from greatness.

I paired my D-Fi with AZ09 Pro to have the ultimate neutral sounding beater TWS, with a bass boost when i need to watch movies or gaming.

It's the closest thing (and cheapest) i can think of for having Ety-like sounding wireless for now.

May 3, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #77,998 of 106,548

My kind of music 😁👍

May 3, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #77,999 of 106,548
KZ PR2 early review units have been appearing here and there.

unlike abit more elusive recent KZ iems that have a bit of a gap from announcement to the third party reviews.
at least reviewer other than KZ go to reviewers like IanFann. Recently KZ is a bit stingy with review units, so reviewers have to buy and wait for delivery like us.
Hell, i just finally found impression on the nontunable DFI.
It seems plenty review units for PR2 as per HBB state, they are trying to push sales volume and it seems more review units is part of the strategy.

anyhow, regarding PR2, it seems "clean and smooth" is the often repeated word in these early impressions.
still gonna wait for actual reviews from reviewer that i follows.

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #78,000 of 106,548

Well, me and some other lucky people got Audeze Euclid brand new for $400. B-stock sold for $300. This was pre-Black Friday at Adorama. They sold out their stock real fast, like within a day. Best $400 I ever spent in audio.

Crinacle didn't like the Euclid's tuning but I love it. I think the Euclid's tuning is perfect for my tastes. Could use even more rumble in the bass, but it'd mess with the Euclid's amazing mids. Euclid at under $400 is a 4-star (I'd go up to 5 stars, but I don't rate IEMs or headphones that way) from me. $1,300 retail price though, not as good of value but still worth it imo.

Euclid Obsidian ZX707 01.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back