The discovery thread!
Apr 30, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #77,791 of 104,018
You bought it right

Spec
ahh! Sorry I’d keep it noted this time.

Yes, itms undergoing purchase process, I’m using the siperbuy agent again🙌

It that worked I may try the one @saldsald brought up.

Apr 30, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #77,792 of 104,018
well, i've been looking for over ear IEM that match my current daily KZ Linglong,
it seems PR2 is basically it. noice.

Using bullet style linglong it make me appreciate over the ear iem design,
never quite appreciate the ability to remove iem from your ear and it still "there" until getting your bullet style iem dangling everywhere or tangling on your shoulder when you remove one of them.

unfortunately the store stated that Pr2 still a pre sale item, so it could take few days before they could actually start to ship them.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #77,793 of 104,018
well, i've been looking for over ear IEM that match my current daily KZ Linglong,
it seems PR2 is basically it. noice.

Using bullet style linglong it make me appreciate over the ear iem design,
never quite appreciate the ability to remove iem from your ear and it still "there" until getting your bullet style iem dangling everywhere or tangling on your shoulder when you remove one of them.

unfortunately the store stated that Pr2 still a pre sale item, so it could take few days before they could actually start to ship them.

I thought the same thing. Its a tuning i really like. BTW this is what bullets with J cables are for. They just chill around your neck when you're on the go and also the J reduces microphonics. The Linglong cable is too heavy. I had them come lose more than once because the cable was pulling on my shirt if i was moving around. Should have been J shaped. But everyone hates them for some silly reason.

My Linglong just died. Right bud made a driver flex sound and went quiet after a month ish of daily use :/ Already had another set on the way. We'll see how they go.

If you're still dailying yours and they fail similarly let me know. I'm wondering if the drivers just can't take the amount of constant flex they are put through.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #77,794 of 104,018
I wonder. When I compare an IEM to a loudspeaker. Do I do so through the speaker's on-axis response or the estimated in-room response?

It seems like the default settings for the target on Crinacle's new measurement rig (Diffuse Field with a 5bB bass boost and a 0.8dB/octave downtilt) may be a good approximation of a more realistic treated room rather than the somewhat abstract representation of Diffuse Field and Free Field.

Wonder if this implies a new wave of possibly EVEN BETTER tuned IEMs at all price points may be upon us.

And also. I know Crinacle has gone through several revisions of Project Red already. But this newfound experience with the B&K convinces him to delay it even further for yet another revision so that Project Red serves as a proof of concept of what one can achieve with the accuracy/repeatability of the B&K HATS. His first collaboration using the B&K rather than his IEC 60318-4.

graph (7).png

Wonder if for some. This is a better visualization. Same target, settings and IEMs as last time. But these are the uncompensated response graphs.

Apr 30, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #77,796 of 104,018
Per twitter network

same person tried both
Symphonium Metor : smaller triton, at a glance it sounded too warm to my taste and lacked definitions
KBEAR new 1DD: Looks like Moondrop S8, full-resin, flat bass, and wide and open staging.
7E759BD0-B6C8-4768-B544-73D10226327A.jpeg

Apr 30, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #77,797 of 104,018
I thought the same thing. Its a tuning i really like. BTW this is what bullets with J cables are for. They just chill around your neck when you're on the go and also the J reduces microphonics. The Linglong cable is too heavy. I had them come lose more than once because the cable was pulling on my shirt if i was moving around. Should have been J shaped. But everyone hates them for some silly reason.

My Linglong just died. Right bud made a driver flex sound and went quiet after a month ish of daily use :/ Already had another set on the way. We'll see how they go.

If you're still dailying yours and they fail similarly let me know. I'm wondering if the drivers just can't take the amount of constant flex they are put through.
I use mine 1~2 hour in a session,
So far its still normal but yeah the pressure build up is a real issue.
It need to be reseated every now and then to alliviate the build up

Apr 30, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #77,798 of 104,018
IMG_20230430_181019_031.jpg

TRN MT1 MAX :)
My measurements

Apr 30, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #77,799 of 104,018
ahh! Sorry I’d keep it noted this time.

Yes, itms undergoing purchase process, I’m using the siperbuy agent again🙌

It that worked I may try the one @saldsald brought up.
Rather than v16 (8ba per side to be exact)

I would suggest Tigerism Sunflower, who is Tigerism? Well some people know one of their product named as "MiM Dark Magician"
I don't know how it can become MiM, so i guess people should know that Tigerism is the one

Tigerism known as reputable second hand seller in Xianyu (have around 4 acc in Xianyu with lot of second hand stuff)

Tigerism Sunflower (Planar) 2500 (5000 with upgrade cable) rmb link
【淘宝】https://m.tb.cn/h.UuIhWGN?tk=XtcmdmEhqGR CZ0001 「tigerism sunflower 向阳花 平板入耳式耳塞监听人声hifi」
点击链接直接打开 或者 淘宝搜索直接打开

And the graph for Sunflower

1682856192898.jpg
They also have Octave (single dd) which sold for 999 rmb

You can also seek their shop in xianyu (4 account on xianyu)

Apr 30, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #77,800 of 104,018
Rather than v16 (8ba per side to be exact)

I would suggest Tigerism Sunflower, who is Tigerism? Well some people know one of their product named as "MiM Dark Magician"
I don't know how it can become MiM, so i guess people should know that Tigerism is the one

Tigerism known as reputable second hand seller in Xianyu (have around 4 acc in Xianyu with lot of second hand stuff)

Tigerism Sunflower (Planar) 2500 (5000 with upgrade cable) rmb link
【淘宝】https://m.tb.cn/h.UuIhWGN?tk=XtcmdmEhqGR CZ0001 「tigerism sunflower 向阳花 平板入耳式耳塞监听人声hifi」
点击链接直接打开 或者 淘宝搜索直接打开

And the graph for Sunflower

1682856192898.jpg
They also have Octave (single dd) which sold for 999 rmb

You can also seek their shop in xianyu (4 account on xianyu)
Oh, that V16 is 8BA per side?

They said 31736*4 which is already 8BA, so thought it was really 16BA per side. Thanks for the tips!

Any link for MiM Dark Magician? The superbuy app search function is crap, nothing shows up🥲

Apr 30, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #77,801 of 104,018
Oh, that V16 is 8BA per side?

They said 31736*4 which is already 8BA, so thought it was really 16BA per side. Thanks for the tips!

Any link for MiM Dark Magician? The superbuy app search function is crap, nothing shows up🥲
Mim Dark magician already discontinued, you can try to wait if someone sell on xianyu tho

Screenshot_20230430_191749_com.taobao.taobao.jpg
V16 component, grey CI-22955 (*2), blue 2389 (*2), purple 31736 (*4 actually 2 unit)

Orange that pressure relief

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #77,804 of 104,018
HBBs uploaded graph has 3-5db less pinna gain.. That's really significant. Hopefully Ian's measurement is an anomaly or they're not going to as smooth as they were looking.

His initial impressions did say they were v shaped with recessed mids. Bit of a worry.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #77,805 of 104,018
HBBs uploaded graph has 3-5db less pinna gain.. That's really significant. Hopefully Ian's measurement is an anomaly or they're not going to as smooth as they were looking.

His initial impressions did say they were v shaped with recessed mids. Bit of a worry.

The above uploaded HBB graph on Paul's squig is taken from KZ's published measurement.

HBB's own measurement is more in line with Ian's than KZ's internal graph :-

PR2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back