The discovery thread!
Mar 27, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #75,076 of 103,012
IKKO OH300

Apparently the shells change colour depending on the lighting! But of course, the sound should be the first priority. Hope it sounds good.

337544232_734830794857992_148730839592701106_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/IKKOAUDIO/...P5gwPHE2J4pwqk4fWjjz44j6KpWEvXJPV27gKXcwj1uMl

Mar 27, 2023 at 4:20 AM Post #75,077 of 103,012
337798190_203748818933736_1238222703483446741_n.jpg

337739513_959744888708110_6607261138624066444_n.jpg

Statement from Tangzu. 2 free sets or a refund. I did not see a statement from See Audio.
If you have bought withing April or before? I don't get that statement. Even the ones who will purchase will have that opportunity or April is just a mistake?

Mar 27, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #75,078 of 103,012
IMG_1106.jpg

As promised, here's the FR measurements for the Allen Ribbon headphones:

graph (19).png

Impressions so far (with stock pads):
- while overall tonality isn't awful, the upper treble dagger is just too much to take for me
- that bass though... is addictively punchy and fast, undoubtedly the best thing about this headphone
- lower mids is fine, linear and smooth
- mids and upper mids however is grainy and unrefined
- there is basically no driver damping whatsoever, resulting in audiblly high harmonic distortion (about 1-2%@90db 1kHz-7kHz, but gets lower to about 0.5-0.8%@84db)
- EQ helps a lot but it would not get rid of the treble uneveness and midrange graininess completly

So I can't really recommend these as whole. They don't seem to me as a mature product. Build quality is also quite poor, and the companion amp is literally built out of a portable power bank, with ridiculously high gain that I can barely turn the volume pot past 8 o'lock with 2V RCA in.

I have also tried swapping pads (Jingzhi leather ear pads for Sony R10, but their Denon D5000 pads should work as well). Treble on the default pads is just too much for me. While aftermarket pads do improve the tonal balance it still can't get rid of the graininess completly.

graph (20).png

The bottom line is, if you're interested in trying out ribbon driver headphones, these are a relatively affordable option that offer punchy and dynamic bass in some ways reminiscent of the Abyss 1266/Diana. Keep in mind that achieving a balanced tonal profile may require either heavy EQ or pad swapping. So, if you're willing to put in the effort to fine-tune the sound, these headphones might be worth considering.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #75,079 of 103,012
so….After relieved fro
30 hours of full force concentrated analytical comparison of those S tiers, I connected my sleeping bud, Moondrop Droplet to run over the same test tracks, Droplet’s treble timbre sound absolutely amazing. To be point I think it may actually sounds more accurate in timbral accuracy than Softears RSV….

It’s on sale at hifigo, it’s a very good rec, if you love accurate treble timbre.

Sale @ $38 is a hard to beat offer.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtGdIce

I can’t imagine I’m still in awe after those high-end gears By Droplet, it doesn’t happen to any other IEMs.

People may think I’m insane after going thru too much analytical listening, but I’m regretting not adding droplet to that A-B test, I’m pretty sure Droplet will rank high on imaging sections.
Great hype for the Droplet!
A+ in marketing, or shall we say "faint S-" :wink:

Mar 27, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #75,081 of 103,012
IMR Seraph ADLC Dynamic Driver + Balanced Armatures + MEMS Full Bandwidth Driver Hybrid HiFi Audiophile IEM

REQUIRES 300/500hrs+ BURN IN TIME

Description

The Seraph marks a giant leap forward in what we can do with an in-ear monitor.

Combining technologies old and new to find that ultimate presentation.

In the Seraph we combine our CNT ADLC dynamic driver with balanced armatures and a monolithic MEMS speaker.

What does all of this mean in terms of sound? Control, precision and accuracy! But please don't mistake control, precision and accuracy as soulless sound as that is not what we do here at IMR.

We have a rich, warm and powerful low end which offers sublime control and precision bass response. Thunderous and filled with authority when required, restrained, elegant and gentle when needed.

Midrange is exceptional offering the most accurate and intimate vocal presentation to date. From the smallest breath to delicate instrument gestures.

Treble is wondrous, crisp, fast, controlled and non-fatiguing.

Detailing and sound stage are world class with imaging and placement of instruments a cut above anything you’ve heard.

The combination of a BA with our CNT ADLC is a IMR first, let alone combined with a monolithic MEMS. So what does that offer? MEMS offer some of the fastest transient response of any driver along with 0.5 THD.

Combine all of this together and you get a IMR house sounding IEM that is technically and sonically a world class sound. Close to perfection technically and sonically.

As with all IMR in-ear monitors you can further enhanced your experience by tuning to your taste via the IMR acoustic tuning nozzles (included).

The drivers are encased in a light weight compact all anodized aluminum CNC machined chassis for long term durability and finish.

Hand assembled and driver matched for unrivalled finish and sound!

Specification

11mm bespoke CNT ADLC Driver (Carbon nanotube amorphous diamond like carbon) + balanced armatures + Monolithic MEMS full bandwidth drivers

8 acoustic audio nozzles + 6 acoustic dampers

Detachable OFC braided cable (3.5mm/2.5mm balanced/4.4mm balanced)

Frequency response: 8- 45000Hz

Impedance: 36 Ohm

Sensitivity: 107 +/- 3DB

24ct Gold plated 3.5mm Jack

6.35mm Adapter

Carry case for all equipment

Huge selection of ear tips for the perfect fit

Package

IMR Seraph

3.5mm & 2.5mm & 4.4mm cable

4 pairs of silicone eartips

2 pairs of foam eartips

8 acoustic audio nozzles

6 acoustic dampers

6.35mm Adapter

Clip

Carry cases
B2525408-0320-4F90-A2A8-AB6329EC1557.png

https://penonaudio.com/imr-seraph.html

$1,469.00

Mar 27, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #75,082 of 103,012
People who order these should have them in early April.

Fiio M15s Portable Music Player​

$1,399.00
8E6F75A1-F6C2-4A76-BD52-A06653364219.jpeg

Mar 27, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #75,083 of 103,012
Great hype for the Droplet!
A+ in marketing, or shall we say "faint S-" :wink:
No, A- is best Droplet could go. A single BA’s best, image separation is that of single BA after all.

Hey @AmericanSpirit (or others):
What’s the name/type of latex eartips you’ve recommended many times the brand is something like Feul…? Thanks!
Ps and where can I buy them
Feaulle Latex H570👍 I received many PM personal thanks that they found that H570 helped alot.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #75,085 of 103,012
IMR Seraph ADLC Dynamic Driver + Balanced Armatures + MEMS Full Bandwidth Driver Hybrid HiFi Audiophile IEM

REQUIRES 300/500hrs+ BURN IN TIME

Description

The Seraph marks a giant leap forward in what we can do with an in-ear monitor.

Combining technologies old and new to find that ultimate presentation.

In the Seraph we combine our CNT ADLC dynamic driver with balanced armatures and a monolithic MEMS speaker.

What does all of this mean in terms of sound? Control, precision and accuracy! But please don't mistake control, precision and accuracy as soulless sound as that is not what we do here at IMR.

We have a rich, warm and powerful low end which offers sublime control and precision bass response. Thunderous and filled with authority when required, restrained, elegant and gentle when needed.

Midrange is exceptional offering the most accurate and intimate vocal presentation to date. From the smallest breath to delicate instrument gestures.

Treble is wondrous, crisp, fast, controlled and non-fatiguing.

Detailing and sound stage are world class with imaging and placement of instruments a cut above anything you’ve heard.

The combination of a BA with our CNT ADLC is a IMR first, let alone combined with a monolithic MEMS. So what does that offer? MEMS offer some of the fastest transient response of any driver along with 0.5 THD.

Combine all of this together and you get a IMR house sounding IEM that is technically and sonically a world class sound. Close to perfection technically and sonically.

As with all IMR in-ear monitors you can further enhanced your experience by tuning to your taste via the IMR acoustic tuning nozzles (included).

The drivers are encased in a light weight compact all anodized aluminum CNC machined chassis for long term durability and finish.

Hand assembled and driver matched for unrivalled finish and sound!

Specification

11mm bespoke CNT ADLC Driver (Carbon nanotube amorphous diamond like carbon) + balanced armatures + Monolithic MEMS full bandwidth drivers

8 acoustic audio nozzles + 6 acoustic dampers

Detachable OFC braided cable (3.5mm/2.5mm balanced/4.4mm balanced)

Frequency response: 8- 45000Hz

Impedance: 36 Ohm

Sensitivity: 107 +/- 3DB

24ct Gold plated 3.5mm Jack

6.35mm Adapter

Carry case for all equipment

Huge selection of ear tips for the perfect fit

Package

IMR Seraph

3.5mm & 2.5mm & 4.4mm cable

4 pairs of silicone eartips

2 pairs of foam eartips

8 acoustic audio nozzles

6 acoustic dampers

6.35mm Adapter

Clip

Carry cases

https://penonaudio.com/imr-seraph.html

$1,469.00
500hr burn-in time sounds like April’s fool🤯 Aren’t drivers going to disintegrate by then?
Image of Crins new project red

12022904.jpeg
TE ZERO shell & Zero’s stock eartip. Now Crin has own project with HeyGears? Nice.
71203F1F-24C3-4697-8B57-6BC203A21303.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #75,086 of 103,012
500hr burn-in time sounds like April’s fool🤯 Aren’t drivers going to disintegrate by then?

TE ZERO shell👀
I totally, unarguably and throughly believe in such truths?

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #75,087 of 103,012
If you have bought withing April or before? I don't get that statement. Even the ones who will purchase will have that opportunity or April is just a mistake?
Could be true, the sancai is just an ear tip, and Princess Changle may not be expensive (like TRN MT1 MAX $11).

If following Tangzu’s naming rationale, Princess Changle may not be as majestic as the first and sole female Empress Wu Zetain or Emperor Li Shimin.

Chang-le is a Princess of Tang Dynasty.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Changle

So maybe like upgrade from the first female Prime Minister of Tang Dynasty Wan’er.

Just received a confirmation from Angeldac as follows:
”Friend, your order number is XXX. I will register for you and wait for the new model to come on the shelf. We will notify you as soon as possible and reissue the new "Princess Changle Earphones and Tang Sancai Earcaps" for you. Thank you for your trust and support”

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #75,088 of 103,012
TE ZERO shell & Zero’s stock eartip. Now Crin has own project with HeyGears? Nice.
I think it's actually a collab with Truthear again. He posted this on Twitter the other day and it's the same cable at the zero and you can see part of the Truthear logo under the red arrow.

1679921751323.jpeg

Mar 27, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #75,090 of 103,012
Image of Crins new project red

12022904.jpeg

I tried a prototype of these at CanJam Singapore.

Found the Project Red to be sub-bass boosted (with a dearth of mid-bass). Technical chops are average. It is quite clean sounding as such, but when mid-bass heavy genres such as EDM or hip hop come out to play, the bass is just anemic. That may not be the final tuning as such, but I heard that this Project Red may possibly be packaged with an impedance adapter, that when added, will boost the bass substantially. So bassheads don't fret!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back