The discovery thread!
Mar 27, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #75,091 of 106,693
cable does look like from truthear

ss.jpg

Mar 27, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #75,092 of 106,693

ss.jpg
It is without a doubt Zero shells with red faceplate.

Wondering the driver configurarion though. If is not planar or EST, it may be a redundant product..

For what it seems it has the bass bump with almost none midbass elevation like recent Moondrop/Truthear

Mar 27, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #75,093 of 106,693
Mar 27, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #75,094 of 106,693
I only see the H370 on Ali.
If someone gets around to it I’d appreciate a link. Thanks
I see a couple but definitely not a clear hit:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mN8ft5k
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNkoxsi
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOEYBqO

They sometime target “AZLA Xelastec Crystal” query, that was my introductory encounter with H570:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNO7dbs
highest sales volume: 233 orders
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msUf2h0
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOx1pk6
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0rcXaW

The propagation of acoustic wave from H570 is a real thing despite sketchy sellers.
74A4B6CD-DF6A-40E3-8318-7DDCB5C3D4F2.jpeg

Yes, I can confirm that‘s truthear’s stock cable that has been used on ZERO/HEXA/HOLA. Truthear collaboration then?

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #75,095 of 106,693
It is without a doubt Zero shells with red faceplate.

Wondering the driver configurarion though. If is not planar or EST, it may be a redundant product..

For what it seems it has the bass bump with almost none midbass elevation like recent Moondrop/Truthear
I found Variations elevated subbass a bit disturbing sometime, and even Truthear ZERO’s bass floor is borderline “too much”.

Maybe Crin felt same and lowered the floor.
Agree that if Drivers are similar, redundancy issue may stick around.

1189BF36-6787-41A1-B28F-94A0DAE01C49.png
9921B9B5-ACA9-4763-AB9E-3807B1B6171B.png

My bet is it’s HOLA retuning: 1LCP. But not sure.
83D86875-446C-4023-8011-22DADAD52518.png

Mar 27, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #75,096 of 106,693
No, A- is best Droplet could go. A single BA’s best, image separation is that of single BA after all
Oh, I meant A+ for matketing to you! :)

The Droplet is really great, in my limited experience. My time is now largerly with T800, I hope to get back.to the Droplet to evaluate/compare it more.

Mar 27, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #75,097 of 106,693
I tried a prototype of these at CanJam Singapore.

Found the Project Red to be sub-bass boosted (with a dearth of mid-bass). Technical chops are average. It is quite clean sounding as such, but when mid-bass heavy genres such as EDM or hip hop come out to play, the bass is just anemic. That may not be the final tuning as such, but I heard that this Project Red may possibly be packaged with an impedance adapter, that when added, will boost the bass substantially. So bassheads don't fret!
Forgot to ask, have you tried Aud Audio‘s line up? or Any deeply impressed IEMs?

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #75,098 of 106,693
Oh, I meant A+ for matketing to you! :)

The Droplet is really great, in my limited experience. My time is now largerly with T800, I hope to get back.to the Droplet to evaluate/compare it more.
Haha thanks!

But jokes aside, Droplet really has a “Master tuning” in treble region.

I’m liking Droplet over HEXA/HOLA/TE ZERO /7Hz Zero the recent vocal focused VDSF family tuning ones.

As Droplet didn’t run away from sibilance zone by dipping, they went straight ahead without being sounding sibilant and retained crisp and accurate imaging. Even RSV had to dip 10khz which Droplet went straight ahead. And that’s why I‘m confident enough to see mighty ER4 can rest now as Droplet successfully took the path of single BA that Ety has cultivated.
B77C6D5A-587E-4FAE-8DB9-D5C1B26A7540.png

4AAEBA5E-DE78-4C95-8F7C-D57D8A3F7AC7.png

By adopting a Stock foam ear tips & internal acoustic chamber with combination of Open air BA, Moondrop is able to tame “metallic“ BA timbre and diffusion expressions, with extremely high treble timbral accuracy which benefits Droplet to achieve TOTL class imaging.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #75,099 of 106,693
Forgot to ask, have you tried Aud Audio‘s line up? or Any deeply impressed IEMs? li

Aur Audio didn't come to the CanJam Singapore unfortunately.

Most of the kilobuck IEMs at CanJam were good sounding yes, but I can't justify the mega diminishing returns from MidFi gear (ballpark paying 10x more for 10 - 20% improvement). Some kilobuck gear were also bad (cough cough Campfire Trifecta).

Haha still happy with the Tanchjim Oxygen, Sony XBA N3 and Sony M9 that I have.

Mar 27, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #75,100 of 106,693
Aur Audio didn't come to the CanJam Singapore unfortunately.

Most of the kilobuck IEMs at CanJam were good sounding yes, but I can't justify the mega diminishing returns from MidFi gear (ballpark paying 10x more for 10 - 20% improvement). Some kilobuck gear were also bad (cough cough Campfire Trifecta).

Haha still happy with the Tanchjim Oxygen, Sony XBA N3 and Sony M9 that I have.
Great inputs! Thanks👍

Mar 27, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #75,102 of 106,693
IMR Seraph ADLC Dynamic Driver + Balanced Armatures + MEMS Full Bandwidth Driver Hybrid HiFi Audiophile IEM

REQUIRES 300/500hrs+ BURN IN TIME
imagine spending all that money on R&D to make something sound worthy of that price tag, then says it NEEDS 300/500 hours of burn in, (to presumably make it sound "better") why the **** wouldnt THEY just burn it in for you?
you would imagine that they want to utilize every way to make it sound as good as they can for first impressions...
If you are spending 1,5k on something and they are telling you it isnt actually "finished" because it needs "burn in", thats a ****ing scam....

Goodbye warranty time I guess. 🤦‍♂️

Mar 27, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #75,103 of 106,693
imagine spending all that money on R&D to make something sound worthy of that price tag, then says it NEEDS 300/500 hours of burn in, (to presumably make it sound "better") why the **** wouldnt THEY just burn it in for you?
you would imagine that they want to utilize every way to make it sound as good as they can for first impressions...
If you are spending 1,5k on something and they are telling you it isnt actually "finished" because it needs "burn in", thats a ****ing scam....

It's well proven that LCP driver sounds good when the warranty time passed,

Mar 27, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #75,104 of 106,693
I tried a prototype of these at CanJam Singapore.

Found the Project Red to be sub-bass boosted (with a dearth of mid-bass). Technical chops are average. It is quite clean sounding as such, but when mid-bass heavy genres such as EDM or hip hop come out to play, the bass is just anemic. That may not be the final tuning as such, but I heard that this Project Red may possibly be packaged with an impedance adapter, that when added, will boost the bass substantially. So bassheads don't fret!
boosted subbass but lack of midbass, clean sounding on the rest of fr... yeah thats crins alright.
---
btw, Droplet without DSP have rather flat bass response. (Hifri modding and graph)
Seems Droplet could have sibling who have sound sig very close to IEF neutral.

334938422_887576995689135_566416172316466515_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #75,105 of 106,693
Audiophiles are a very special breed, in that they would walk 4 miles to drink sour lemonade if they thought it would make their music sound better. I personally believe in burn-in....but if someone doesn’t that’s their own business, I don’t try and sway them either way. Ultimately we have each our own path in this, and ultimately it really depends on what you believe in. If it’s not burn-in, then it’s something else. There is probably 100 (audiophile) things you do that has the same crazy appearance to someone else. Heck, most normal people would be fine with one $40.00 pair of IEMs.

Why would they have to burn it in for you? If you want it, you simply buy it. If you don’t believe in burn-in, you don’t. But they recommend it? Many manufacturers believe in burn-in, it’s no big deal, unless somehow you make it an issue? Sony states that their DAPs need a certain amount of burn-in, even Woo Audio states there amps require burn-in. If you don’t do it, that’s fine, but it is recommended by the manufacturer, same as they are doing here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back