The discovery thread!
Mar 26, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #75,046 of 106,682
Tested a prototype of the Tanchjim Kara at CanJam Singapore, courtesy of the Sam Audio booth (https://samaudiosg.com/).

This is a midcentric hybrid, silky smooth vocals with zero fatigue. Excellent for vocal genres! Technically no slouch too, very natural sounding.

Tanchjim Kara.jpg

Tanchjim Kara.jpg

Graph looks like there is treble roll off but actually treble extension is pretty decent. Midcentric tunings are not too common actually, and the vocals are really addictive. I think the key word to describe the tuning is "Soothing".

The final tuning is not 100% confirmed, but if it keeps to this tuning, I will definitely get a pair for sure.
This looked similar :

SmartSelect_20230326_191613_Edge.jpg

Mar 26, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #75,047 of 106,682
Probably same $319 international price then. Agh it has 6khz little peak. I may pass B3😩

The 2DD is approach 1 hakugei Sea-Elf type! Wow!?
6khz little peaks is nice for lower treble details, as long as on +4-6db from neutral point. For me, i can take more but ideally around 5 db is ok they won't sounded splashy nor sibilance.

The 2 dd in blessing is placed opposite if I'm not wrong, so facing different direction (back to back), the hakugei sea elf are stacking 2 DD but facing the same direction?

Mar 26, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #75,048 of 106,682
2000 yuan is around 290 USD

Int'l price will be around 350.

The Talos was like 140 USD in the Chinese market but was bumped to 200 for Int'l release.

Might get the B3, depends on reviews.

Mar 26, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #75,049 of 106,682
6khz little peaks is nice for lower treble details, as long as on +4-6db from neutral point. For me, i can take more but ideally around 5 db is ok they won't sounded splashy nor sibilance.

The 2 dd in blessing is placed opposite if I'm not wrong, so facing different direction (back to back), the hakugei sea elf are stacking 2 DD but facing the same direction?
6khz sensitivity is individualized, so yeah it’s totally understandable, it also depending on type of music you listen, many asian music has pretty aggressive 6kh gain levels, so that 6khz spike will be a deal breaker for people with 3khz pinna and 6khz concha I guess.

Good point about 2 DD stacking, yea it’s facing opposite direction as opposed to Hakugei’s 2 DD stacked with same direction. Probably the facing opposite type needs two independent acoustic sound guide tubes as Blessing generally has full 3D printed resin structure, it will be interesting approach.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #75,050 of 106,682
I think i found a clue..

750.png

Currently ordering back up Ling Long sets so i don't have to be sad when they inevitably fail because i used them 24/7 for three years straight like my mh-750s.
Nice analogy! They are so damned spacious and mature. I'm shocked that KZ tuned an IEM so maturely. The bass hits fast but also deep. The mids are focused and natural. The treble is extended, but not sibilant or out of control. It might be a short shimmer, but to my ears, it's just about right. These will definitely end up being my favorite budget set. I'm almost certain they will surpass the Tenore? It's still early, but all signs point to..... *thumbs up*

Mar 26, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #75,051 of 106,682
It is becoming wider known, but we (Mississippi) had a massive tornado hit four towns in Mississippi on Friday night. The first two towns (Rolling Fork and Silver City) were decimated. Not a standing structure that could be used left in Rolling Fork. The tornado crossed the entire state of Mississippi and continued destruction into Alabama. It was on the ground over 3 hours. Please think about the people in the areas hit as they rebuild their lives. Puts everything in perspective. I know so many people have experienced the force of weather around the world. I have not seen such destruction in our state since Hurricane Katrina.
I hope all of you are safe and sound? Yeah, I've seen the devastation in the news. My daughter lives in Arkansas, and I'm always worried about them there. Tornados are a way of life in that area. Still tragic when it happens so close and at all.

Mar 26, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #75,052 of 106,682
A new bravery? That sounds interesting.
pretty much Angeldac’s special model (generic Bravery AE) becomes official model as RedBlue in my understanding, shall have same contents with Bravery AE.

Mar 26, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #75,053 of 106,682
Mar 26, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #75,054 of 106,682
Hello to all of you.

This is my humble review of some inexpensive IEMS (TKZK Ouranos) that I was surprised to find that I liked them more than I initially thought I would. This is not an objective review to begin with. It is just my opinion. :wink:

Cheers.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tkzk-ouranus.26297/reviews#review-30461

At first, I thought what a random name TKZK, a fake KZ, but it turns out that Tin-Hifi sister brand actually has very nicely non-Sony /FiiO styled IEM shell making as well as tuning. I have their nicely tuned neutral-ish Wave, and found it one of best tuned neutral approach for $26.

Looking forward to see Tin-hifi to offer more ergonomic IEM shaped TKZK offering.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #75,055 of 106,682
Anyone loves full-resin filled single BA with Knowles ED29689(it doesn’t say 29689 but I‘m pretty sure)

HifiGo’s AE store is offering Reecho Summer 2022 for $31(with $5 off/$30 anniversary sale that will end either today or pretty soon), it pushes down to $26.

I love those full resin single BA IEMs, and placed order couple of days ago.

Just sharing if anyone else love those.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOctAJc

It has premium carrying case that if you buy separately from Shenzhen Audio it will cost $16 for the case alone, as well as pretty nice stock cable. Ready for summer👍
F2BCF719-3DC2-41C8-BB82-5DD8BA902B7D.jpeg
EA3251D3-88C0-45E2-83A8-886630C171F1.jpeg
1A919806-87A8-4A8A-A6DD-D030495981D4.jpeg
882DDBF0-1C5C-4BEF-A287-64C7965577C4.jpeg

The tuning is similar to Floaudio Lily, very warm neutral-ish when amped, and probably very clean sounding thru line-out.
74E98889-A79B-4355-AF40-536C97A58B72.png

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #75,056 of 106,682
Tangzu caught using Wa'ner drivers on the Shiminli Encounter:

I've always thought that new driver claim from Tangzu on the Heyday was baloney, watch the heyday have KZ drivers LOLOLOLOL.

337798190_203748818933736_1238222703483446741_n.jpg

337739513_959744888708110_6607261138624066444_n.jpg

Statement from Tangzu. 2 free sets or a refund. I did not see a statement from See Audio.

Mar 26, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #75,057 of 106,682
337798190_203748818933736_1238222703483446741_n.jpg

337739513_959744888708110_6607261138624066444_n.jpg

Statement from Tangzu. 2 free sets or a refund. I did not see a statement from See Audio.
Wow great! Free new products of Tangzu😄 Thanks for sharing info! i did order from angeldac, I will register.

As Tangzu claims that “incident“ was due to their manufacturing mishandling so Tangzu admitted it is their sole responsibility to be accountable, so See Audio most likely won’t issue any apology statement.

Free changle princess and sancai is amazing news, wasn’t sancai supposed to be a tribrid? 😳

They do take that customer trust seriously it seems.

Here is message log: let’s see how would angeldac would respond.
A17752FA-DE10-47F3-BFB7-2BB471771D2B.jpeg

Tangzu Encounter OOTB :
00455386-CED4-43E9-AB74-B211866695DA.jpeg
DDE6A9BB-E427-49F7-8190-A5EF99596A12.jpeg
E7806F5F-8F64-4AF4-809A-ACB9B63BA601.jpeg
to be updated…
▶︎Personal Purchase from Angeldac AE Store

Shimin Li Encounter Edition: Shell
F69619CD-CDEC-4D8C-81DE-4BDEC14C1F13.jpeg
350BCC35-460C-4323-BD3A-7E3A17BA7080.jpeg
Accessory box: hmm fancy
43372C33-09B8-4896-8745-89947A0A3C48.jpeg
Carrying pouch: Tangzu, finally a pouch, same one with Truthears/Moondrop Droplet’s.
F970DFCD-7720-4E5A-B430-19D5C642CB3C.jpeg

Angeldac raffles: “Better Luck Next Time”😩
▶︎OOTB impression with all stock sets:
-This IEM definitely needs a burn-in
-Tonal balance is slightly upper mid hot, maybe stock ear tips tames treble too much, it appears dark to my impression right out of the box
-bass is pretty decent, not overly done

I will do a quick 60min burn-in, and change ear tips, or maybe even stock cable, it sounds weird.

▶︎2 X 60min online burn-in session completed, swapped ear tip to H570, cable to PWA Copper 28 V2
-at least much better than initial out of box impression, still feels lacking air and resolutions but in the other words Encounter’s treble is inoffensive and non-fatiguing, at least at current stage.

▶︎This tuning reminds me of Floaudio Lily’s amped tuning, inoffensive, soft, feather touching timbre.

▶︎Yume OG‘s note weight is pretty close to Encounter, a little warmer vocal focused with relaxed treble.

When I do OOTB impressions I generally do not look for any FR, since it may put a bias. So here we go;
0EBA57E5-1CC9-444D-AEDB-25F88159422E.png

No wonder Encounter sounds weird, the huge 6khz sibilance dip is larger than other IEMs with similar single DD, it’s made to sound “soft -edged”.

The benefit of this 6khz 10khz dip will result a universal image focus alternation, with a cost of losing bits of resolving capabilities, they can get some of resolutions back if rest of the range remained sound, but Encounter only has very small upper register emphasis.

I guess this is a divisive tuning trick, one will welcome the “gentle and feather light touch” but other may find that lack of definition and air. The Diffusion border articulation is very blurry and that may be a fatal point for someone looking clear and crisp sound, for that EA500 would do better job, with a cost of somehow more energy flows into your ear canal.

I personally would find this tuning OK, if ONLY Encounter has 10khz air presentation capability which is lacking at this moment, I will try burn-in longer and see if anything changes, if not, Encounter will be a one trick pony for “gentle and inoffensive“ category. [5 hours of burn-in: Air starts to appear! ]

At this moment, Encounter sounds very welcoming on instrumen like Kalimba😄

I will update Timbre impression upon full burn-in then. I feel it is inappropriate to leave OOTB as-is.

Tangzu Wan’er S.G. OOTB:
Guess who’s here?
50A8A5EB-DC52-4990-A2A8-53CE0F16D7F8.jpeg

Wan’er S.G! Again, it’s my personal purchase. Honest impressions just as my hobby.
2844EF1A-FE3B-4048-9FC6-E66488EFABFC.jpeg
It’s golden, but got some exquisite sense of decoration…Oriental and Artistic.

I’m usually not a golden color fan, but this design, I like it.

Stock ear tips are very high quality wide bore one. Wan’er comes with Accostune AET like ear tips. This alone is justifiable.

Tangzu is a company that cares to the details.

They pay attention to how ear tips would impact final product of their sound, they paid attention to cometics, and accessories for $20 lowest entry model…Hmmmm this company is serious. Not a joke.

Will report back later. Maybe tomorrow.

Can’t believe this is $20 pair set. Package, and contents are very good.

It even has cleaning supplies with package S.G Wan’er lady
EBC1D360-7159-4DB7-95ED-48698621C84A.jpeg
064BC9C0-7869-4B94-B778-5DC691E35F09.jpeg
3B8DCBA8-CFB0-4C2E-AE91-0A7DB0FBF54D.jpeg

Great fit. No fit issues for me.
—In medias res
Tell me Wan’er SG(WESG) in one word?
“Euphoric Mid-bass echo chamber”
This touch of Mid-bass arrangement is “concert hall” style echo. This reminds me of Boston’s Symphony Hall.

My roommate’s friend was one of Boston Symphony Orchestra’s member, I was the lucky one to have a free ticket for BSO’s concert at Symphony Hall.

Wan’er S.G’s magic, I’m comfortable to say, is symphony hall echo. Just play any classical with a quality contrabass with them.

Wow. Wow! WOW!!!

That’s a surprise coming out of this entry level single DD.

Wan’er S.G needs 2,3hrs of initial run to gain driver to fully flexible, believe it or not the bass region distortion will be gone.

After that point, the magic happens. Tangzu’s magic is toward WESG’s bass. It echoes very well. Imagine an wooden instrument, WESG is it. The steinway like Black&Gold, and yes, I feel Wan’er is especially great for piano timbre. A soft touch.

PIANO SOUNDS MAGICALLY GREAT & ORGANIC

Worth the hard-earned bucks? Yes. It’s a great gift options too. For people using ipad or tablet, this little Wan’er is wicked enough to impress with its package throughly to the sound.

The only thing I want to point out is that Tangzu Wan’er SG is missing the carrying box/pouch/case. They included cleaning kit, but unfortunately No carrying case, this alone doesn’t mean anything to me, but as a Gift-option, carrying case is something.

Tangzu, you don’t gift a ring without its storage case, same applies to IEM. As a gift, a nicely themed carrying case will be greatly appreciated, especially by female. This piece of decorative design works great as a gift, as well as it’s gentle and musical tonality, just one last nitpicking little box!

Tangzu big boss, At $20 who cares the little pouch? you may think..
7hz—No, Tripowin—No, KZ/CCA—No, Moondrop—Yes.
And you see why Moondrop sells tons of Chu. Not only the sound or IEM’s finish & outlook, Moondrop cared usability, it’s called UX. User Experience. I can see Moondrop has an UX designer within the product development team of which the others doesn’t. That little small care, will build up a road to Rome.

—Sound Impressions out of box
▶︎Warm Neutral with some spice around treble. Great tuning!

▶︎Sound is still unclear. I guess this DD need some time to get the flex, out of box technical performance isn’t that impressive yet. KZ’s old EDX had similar out of box performance and had relatively noticeable burn-in impact . We will see. Anyone had similar experience? I mean, I was expecting Salnotes Zero’s technical performance for OOTB, but it’s still not there yet.
▶︎2,3hours of initial run does enough job to let Wan’er to breathe. Piano sounds very welcoming on WESG.

▶︎Similar tonal balance to Wu, but since they use different driver, the impression of OOTB is diffident, Wu right out of the box, already sounded as good as it should be, meanwhile WESG is still a bit slow in speed yet. [2hr edit, it’s getting speed now!]

▶︎Touch of the sound is very soft, I fell asleep while testing it, this happened before with DUNU’s SA6, very gentle.

Also, with roughly recorded tracks, such as my favorite UK’s post-rock, 65daysofstatic, due to the soft touch and rough textures of Wan’er OOTB, it pefectly matched with the context.

If I couldn’t see technical improvements, I may use Wan’er for oldies. The latest gadgets are way to revealing for oldies like this.
This track is forgotten in a piece of old remembrance. Only 2 or 300 people on this planet know this song existed. So I want to expose it to a little bit more.

But it’s worth a try with your Wan’er. An Argentinean experimental pianist’s piece of modern art.
Human warmth and nostalgia. Wan’er S.G render this “touch” very well.

I just revisited those OOTB and noticed without having pre-information of Wan’er and Encounter to be same driver, I commented on both “this driver needs a burn-in for sure”👀 Interesting.

A-B test result:
I just did a quick A-B test for Wan’er and Encounter, they sound different mainly due to how they handle the internal resonance. Wan’er let internal echo to resonate with its plastic shell, making a very nice “hall-effect” or “sennheiser’s veil” , adding a wet touch on piano overtones, meanwhile Encounter‘s metal shell pushes up those internal resonance to upper registers ”metal chamber“, which adds extra resolutions when A-B tested both, the base imaging and positioning specs are pretty close. So it is understandable if both Wan’er and Encounter uses same driver.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #75,058 of 106,682
Wow great! Free new products of Tangzu😄 Thanks for sharing info! i did order from angeldac, I will register.

As Tangzu claims that “incident“ was due to their manufacturing mishandling so Tangzu admitted it is their sole responsibility to be accountable, so See Audio most likely won’t issue any apology statement.

Free changle princess and sancai is amazing news, wasn’t sancai supposed to be a tribrid? 😳

I also registered. I believe the Sancai is their new eartips and the changle will be a budget iem via their Telegram rep.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #75,059 of 106,682

A17752FA-DE10-47F3-BFB7-2BB471771D2B.jpeg
Looks like the Sancai is not the flagship tribrid. The new tribrid has this name attached to it - XuanWu Gate. That is where the palace coup took place when Shimin Li murdered his brothers and took the Tang throne. Looks like Shimin Li just got murdered by the community. (I do like the history lessons from Tangzu)

Mar 26, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #75,060 of 106,682
Looks like the Sancai is not the flagship tribrid. The new tribrid has this name attached to it - XuanWu Gate. That is where the palace coup took place when Shimin Li murdered his brothers and took the Tang throne. Looks like Shimin Li just got murdered by the community. (I do like the history lessons from Tangzu)
The memes that came out were hilarious. The internet will always be undefeated so these companies better watch out and/or have excellent responses like Tangzu and not sweep it under the rug. They'll continue to get my support

Users who are viewing this thread

Back