The discovery thread!
Mar 24, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #74,896 of 106,709
Shozy Magma on HiFiGo which are most of the time on sale. They're a hidden gem for users who already heard them. I've got them since last summer.

https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/iem-discussion-thread/14641/6682
Good recommendation. I like most of the frequency response except the above 10kHz. Will keep an eye for a sale.

All of my gears are out of battery, so I’m back to the basic tonight: FiiO KA3 with various IEMs.

Ironically, likely because of the poorer implementation of single ended output on the KA3, the U12T sounds not as compelling and dynamic over 3.5mm comparing to the freaking JD7 over balanced.

Seriously, good portable audio is affordable nowadays. One buys kilobuck because one wants kilobuck, not because it is the only way to get a satisfying listening session.

Btw, I’m listening to Bach album by Sean Shibe. The guitar performance is exquisite, and the recording is so beautiful. It’s a joy to listen with an IEM with good treble extension.

Edit: the sheer detail retrieval advantage of U12T is still there, but the dynamic nature of U12T is somewhat reduced, whilst JD7 over balanced of KA3 retains all of its dynamic, thus less detailed but more engaging. Anyhow, M6U has enough battery, so bye KA3 :dt880smile:

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #74,898 of 106,709
Wan'er is a very popular and well rated model. No wonder they want to use their best ideas to the max. Zetian Wu and HBB Zetian Wu Heyday also differ technically only the housing and the tuning is very similar.
graph (2).png
I would wait for the pitchforks Jeff has not opened the drivers to see the DD itself!

If in fact they are the Exactly 💯 same, then let the burning 🔥 begin. Both SeeAudio and Tangzu have some good explanation to give us.

Mar 24, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #74,900 of 106,709
I tried on a few new iems at a hifi exhibition in Beijing today:

Moondrop
Blessing 3
: seems smaller than blessing2, has a transparent body, an elegant arrow-like metal faceplate. There are 3 tubes leading to the stem: 2DD+2BA+2BA. Sound is more mid-treble focused. Bass is slim but not too weak. Sound very clean and slightly cold. To my ear it's typical moondrop sound signature, just more refined. Price is ~2,000RMB/~310USD. Release in ~3 months.
Solis 2: made of silver +gold, quite heavy. Neutral sound with punchy and presence bass. Vocal has a certain "stage/aura" (hard to describe -_-). Price is over 10,000RMB/1,550USD. Release in ~2 months in limited quantity.

Dunu: SA6 mk2: same 6BA config. Guy told me they put in some characteristics of the well-received SA6 Ultra. Still sound a little thin and "BA like" to me. Price is the same as mk1. Release in ~6 months.

QDC: Folk: 1DD+1BA+1planar. Sounds a little unnatural. Maybe the planar is not well implemented? It is marketed as a vocal centric iem, but I couldn't hear anything special. It's released in Feb I believe. Hasn't draw much attention in the audiophile community in China.

Update: a friend was told by a different Dunu staff that the SA6 mk2 will release in Apr. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #74,901 of 106,709
Mar 24, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #74,902 of 106,709
It's official then, 1DD from each in the red shells. Then measured.

For some reason I want a Wan Er now 😎

Stop fueling the fire please.

Let it be said I will be the first one with a pitchfork if in fact the drivers are exactly the same that means SeeAudio and Tangzu lied about the driver material.

I certainly won't be happy to have paid $40 more for a red shell and a promise of " A New Driver" should find that post where SeeAudio said that.

Until later- IF Jeff or someone else opens both drivers and they are shown to be the exact driver then give Tangzu and SeeAudio chance to answer.

😡🤬👹☠️😮

Mar 24, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #74,903 of 106,709
Need to share this post, I don't own either but this is very interesting to me🤔. There might be some tuning done due to shell and materials.

From FB group. Mids has different energy according to one I know.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...sjh9gFkqRrEPgn5gjMnBsvtYu49QKhl&id=1497729084

Screenshot_20230324-091536.png
👀

Laughing. Some said new Shimin is technically competitive above price. But wait a minute. Wan Er is marketed as PET DD while Shimin is bery. Tangzu what are you doing 😅

Wan Er soon is getting a new shell, by the way. Green colored + gold dragon. Pretty cool, to be honest.

Best mids for price, satisfying bass (with physical sensation from driver and shell interaction). If you EQ treble you get more accurate imaging. Not holographic sound, but something that would cost around $100 a year or two ago

Mar 24, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #74,904 of 106,709

Let it be said I will be the first one with a pitchfork if in fact the drivers are exactly the same that means SeeAudio and Tangzu lied about the driver material.

I certainly won't be happy to have paid $40 more for a red shell and a promise of " A New Driver" should find that post where SeeAudio said that.

Until later- IF Jeff or someone else opens both drivers and they are shown to be the exact driver then give Tangzu and SeeAudio chance to answer.

😡🤬👹☠️😮
Deserves to come out if they have lied about specs, not first time it has been lied on internals of IEMs. I don't really care myself, but let the truth be told.

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #74,905 of 106,709
Dissapointed by both Simgots I got lately, EA500 and EN1000 alike, they are just too bright for me. Was hoping for an EN700 Pro upgrade but nope unfortunately. Funnily enough I tolerate the Cayin Fantasy more even though it's brighter than both of these.

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #74,906 of 106,709
I actually like the stock tips. They seem identical to the KBEAR 07 tips, at least the stock M size and the KBEAR M blue ones do. But then again, our ears are built differently, so whatever works for you might not be ideal for someone else 🤷🏻‍♂️
indeed, i just try to encourage people test as much ear tips as they can....i find it odd that their only one ear tips model. which seem the only con i can find for now about these marvelous IEM.

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #74,907 of 106,709
Dissapointed by both Simgots I got lately, EA500 and EN1000 alike, they are just too bright for me. Was hoping for an EN700 Pro upgrade but nope unfortunately. Funnily enough I tolerate the Cayin Fantasy more even though it's brighter than both of these.
I would be fascinated by the results if you got an audio test to find your frequency sensitivities. I cannot figure out how EA500 is too bright compared to EN700 Pro, based on graphs. What do you think it is that's too bright on it for your tolerance?

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #74,908 of 106,709

😡🤬👹☠️😮
The fire needs to be fueled. Companies need to be called out for these shady marketing tactics. They said "new driver" if they had said "similar driver but different packaging and slighty different tuning but same Tangzu sound that everyone enjoys". There wouldnt be controversy.

I own the Wan'er as my favorite budget pick and everyday carry, I also bought the Encounter and notice similar sound. Still enjoy it and love the new red shells. But Id still call them out on this bull crap.

If people dont they'll continue the same business practice, lying to your face while laughing all the way to the bank.

Hold them accountable.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #74,909 of 106,709
I would be fascinated by the results if you got an audio test to find your frequency sensitivities. I cannot figure out how EA500 is too bright compared to EN700 Pro, based on graphs. What do you think it is that's too bright on it for your tolerance?

I haven't compared graphs from EN700 Pro and EA500 but I take it from your post they are similar throughout the whole spectrum. If so, then perhaps it's down to the bass which is quite sloppy on the EN700 Pro with a slower decay than on the EA500 and so the EN700 Pro feels warmer overall.

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #74,910 of 106,709
Welcome to the club

Users who are viewing this thread

Back