The discovery thread!
Dec 7, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #68,476 of 99,938
AFUL should collab with this.

1Ting AFUL

P.s
I wasn’t too sure about that dust word as well, DeepL says’ it’s some buddhism related.

3EA663D8-1BBB-4881-AA90-4D3858670FCE.jpeg

First word is easy one for me, and if the second one combined, it would be something like this

“A flagship, but also minutest particle of matter.” So it’s big and dynamic (DD) but also as small as quantum nano particles (EST). I guess?

Maybe 1 Aful Ting? I kinda like it! 😜

Dec 7, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #68,479 of 99,938
WU WEEE! My Cowon J has found another great dance partner with the Wu Zetian! Much like the 7hz Salnotes Zero, the Cowon J provides a stellar listening experience and each elevates the other. Now not all dance partners work with the Cowon DAP, but for a very small player in the just under mid-tier level, it has lots of power to drive picky IEM's. The Wu sounds great, and I'm looking forward to making my way through my collection.

Dec 7, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #68,480 of 99,938
1 ting I do know is that at those prices, this ting isn't going to be around in a year.

Dec 7, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #68,482 of 99,938
Dyson is trying to muscle in on the headphone market!

Dyson Zone

Capture.PNG

Apparently is an air purifier + headphone with ANC function.

And imagine walking around town looking like Hannibal Lector from Silence of the Lambs.
maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.dyson.com/newsroom/news/product/dyson-zone-announcement

Dec 7, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #68,483 of 99,938
Dec 7, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #68,484 of 99,938
Dec 7, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #68,485 of 99,938
Dyson is trying to muscle in on the headphone market!

Dyson Zone

Capture.PNG

Apparently is an air purifier + headphone with ANC function.

And imagine walking around town looking like Hannibal Lector from Silence of the Lambs.
maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.dyson.com/newsroom/news/product/dyson-zone-announcement

I prefer the Hannibal aesthetic. It looks less like a vacuum cleaner attacking my face...

I mean seriously, in that pic it looks like a Dyson vacuum is holding its hand over a hostage's mouth or something. 🤣

Dec 7, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #68,486 of 99,938
Guess who’s here?
50A8A5EB-DC52-4990-A2A8-53CE0F16D7F8.jpeg

Wan’er S.G! Again, it’s my personal purchase. Honest impressions just as my hobby.
2844EF1A-FE3B-4048-9FC6-E66488EFABFC.jpeg

It’s golden, but got some exquisite sense of decoration…Oriental and Artistic.

I’m usually not a golden color fan, but this design, I like it.

Stock ear tips are very high quality wide bore one. Wan’er comes with Accostune AET like ear tips. This alone is justifiable.

Tangzu is a company that cares to the details.

They pay attention to how ear tips would impact final product of their sound, they paid attention to cosmetics, and accessories for $20 lowest entry model…Hmmmm this company is serious. Not a joke.

Will report back later. Maybe tomorrow.

Can’t believe this is $20 pair set. Package, and contents are very good.

It even has cleaning supplies with package S.G Wan’er lady
EBC1D360-7159-4DB7-95ED-48698621C84A.jpeg

064BC9C0-7869-4B94-B778-5DC691E35F09.jpeg

3B8DCBA8-CFB0-4C2E-AE91-0A7DB0FBF54D.jpeg

Great fit. No fit issues for me.
—In medias res
Tell me Wan’er SG(WESG) in one word?
“Euphoric Mid-bass echo chamber”
This touch of Mid-bass arrangement is “concert hall” style echo. This reminds me of Boston’s Symphony Hall.

My roommate’s friend was one of Boston Symphony Orchestra’s member, I was the lucky one to have a free ticket for BSO’s concert at Symphony Hall.

Wan’er S.G’s magic, I’m comfortable to say, is symphony hall echo. Just play any classical with a quality contrabass with them.

Wow. Wow! WOW!!!

That’s a surprise coming out of this entry level single DD.

Wan’er S.G needs 2,3hrs of initial run to gain driver to fully flexible, believe it or not the bass region distortion will be gone.

After that point, the magic happens. Tangzu’s magic is toward WESG’s bass. It echoes very well. Imagine an wooden instrument, WESG is it. The steinway like Black&Gold, and yes, I feel Wan’er is especially great for piano timbre. A soft touch.

PIANO SOUNDS MAGICALLY GREAT & ORGANIC

Worth the hard-earned bucks? Yes. It’s a great gift options too. For people using ipad or tablet, this little Wan’er is wicked enough to impress with its package throughly to the sound.

The only thing I want to point out is that Tangzu Wan’er SG is missing the carrying box/pouch/case. They included cleaning kit, but unfortunately No carrying case, this alone doesn’t mean anything to me, but as a Gift-option, carrying case is something.

Tangzu, you don’t gift a ring without its storage case, same applies to IEM. As a gift, a nicely themed carrying case will be greatly appreciated, especially by female. This piece of decorative design works great as a gift, as well as it’s gentle and musical tonality, just one last nitpicking little box!

Tangzu big boss, At $20 who cares the little pouch? you may think..
7hz—No, Tripowin—No, KZ/CCA—No, Moondrop—Yes.
And you see why Moondrop sells tons of Chu. Not only the sound or IEM’s finish & outlook, Moondrop cared usability, it’s called UX. User Experience. I can see Moondrop has an UX designer within the product development team of which the others doesn’t. That little small care, will build up a road to Rome.

—Sound Impressions out of box
▶︎Warm Neutral with some spice around treble. Great tuning!

▶︎Sound is still unclear. I guess this DD need some time to get the flex, out of box technical performance isn’t that impressive yet. KZ’s old EDX had similar out of box performance and had relatively noticeable burn-in impact . We will see. Anyone had similar experience? I mean, I was expecting Salnotes Zero’s technical performance for OOTB, but it’s still not there yet.
▶︎2,3hours of initial run does enough job to let Wan’er to breathe. Piano sounds very welcoming on WESG.

▶︎Similar tonal balance to Wu, but since they use different driver, the impression of OOTB is diffident, Wu right out of the box, already sounded as good as it should be, meanwhile WESG is still a bit slow in speed yet. [2hr edit, it’s getting speed now!]

▶︎Touch of the sound is very soft, I fell asleep while testing it, this happened before with DUNU’s SA6, very gentle.

Also, with roughly recorded tracks, such as my favorite UK’s post-rock, 65daysofstatic, due to the soft touch and rough textures of Wan’er OOTB, it pefectly matched with the context.

If I couldn’t see technical improvements, I may use Wan’er for oldies. The latest gadgets are way to revealing for oldies like this.
This track is forgotten in a piece of old remembrance. Only 2 or 300 people on this planet know this song existed. So I want to expose it to a little bit more.

But it’s worth a try with your Wan’er. An Argentinean experimental pianist’s piece of modern art.
Human warmth and nostalgia. Wan’er S.G render this “touch” very well.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #68,487 of 99,938
Dec 7, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #68,488 of 99,938
Dec 7, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #68,489 of 99,938
The only thing missing is the straitjacket.

Generally what Dyson do, they do well, but ANC headphones with air purifier?

Is this going to catch on?
BIG TIME!

Dec 8, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #68,490 of 99,938
Guess who’s here?
50A8A5EB-DC52-4990-A2A8-53CE0F16D7F8.jpeg

Wan’er S.G!
2844EF1A-FE3B-4048-9FC6-E66488EFABFC.jpeg
It’s golden, but got some exquisite sense of decoration…Oriental and Artistic.

I’m usually not a golden color fan, but this design, I like it.

Stock ear tips are very high quality wide bore one. Wan’er comes with Accostune AET like ear tips. This alone is justifiable.

Tangzu is a company that cares to the details.

They pay attention to how ear tips would impact final product of their sound, they paid attention to cometics, and accessories for $20 lowest entry model…Hmmmm this company is serious. Not a joke.

Will report back later. Maybe tomorrow.

Can’t believe this is $20 pair set. Package, and contents are very good.

It even has cleaning supplies with package S.G Wan’er lady
EBC1D360-7159-4DB7-95ED-48698621C84A.jpeg
064BC9C0-7869-4B94-B778-5DC691E35F09.jpeg
3B8DCBA8-CFB0-4C2E-AE91-0A7DB0FBF54D.jpeg

Great fit. No fit issues for me.
—In medias res
Tell me Wan’er SG(WESG) in one word?
“Euphoric Mid-bass echo chamber”
It needs 2,3hrs of initial run to gain driver to fully flexible, after that point, the magic happens. Tangzu’s magic is toward WESG’s bass. It echoes very well. Imagine an wooden instrument, WESG is it. The steinway like Black&Gold, and yes, I feel Wan’er is especially great for piano timbre. A soft touch.

PIANO SOUNDS MAGICALLY GREAT

Worth the hard-earned bucks? Yes. It’s a great gift options too. For people using ipad or tablet, this little Wan’er is wicked enough to impress with its package throughly to the sound.

—Sound Impressions out of box
▶︎Warm Neutral with some spice around treble. Great tuning!

▶︎Sound is still unclear. I guess this DD need some time to get the flex, out of box technical performance isn’t that impressive yet. KZ’s old EDX had similar out of box performance and had relatively noticeable burn-in impact . We will see. Anyone had similar experience? I mean, I was expecting Salnotes Zero’s technical performance for OOTB, but it’s still not there yet.
▶︎2,3hours of initial run does enough job to let Wan’er to breathe. Piano sounds very welcoming on WESG.

▶︎Similar tonal balance to Wu, but since they use different driver, the impression of OOTB is diffident, Wu right out of the box, already sounded as good as it should be, meanwhile WESG is still a bit slow in speed yet. [2hr edit, it’s getting speed now!]

▶︎Touch of the sound is very soft, I fell asleep while testing it, this happened before with DUNU’s SA6, very gentle.

Also, with roughly recorded tracks, such as my favorite UK’s post-rock, 65daysofstatic, due to the soft touch and rough textures of Wan’er OOTB, it pefectly matched with the context.

If I couldn’t see technical improvements, I may use Wan’er for oldies. The latest gadgets are way to revealing for oldies like this.
This track is forgotten in a piece of old remembrance. Only 2 or 300 people on this planet know this song existed. So I want to expose it to a little bit more.

But it’s worth a try with your Wan’er. An Argentinean experimental pianist’s piece of modern art.
Human warmth and nostalgia. Wan’er S.G render this “touch” very well.

I just got mine yesterday as well. Very nice packaging, accessories and tuning but rather below average technicality even in this price range IMO. There is very little background detail I can hear but macro detail is good. It sounds like a better tuned KZ EDX to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back