The discovery thread!
Aug 11, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #64,217 of 103,263
what would be a great all arounder,with a good rumble sub-bass emphasis?,im looking into fhe eclipse,oh10,kai. im thinking of spending around 150euros
OH10 is more of a V signature, so more recessed mids. FHE is Crin's effort and he hates mid-bass so sub-bass focus, then neutral from mids up. Kai is HBB tuning and he likes enough mid-bass to lend better note weight and emphasize bass guitars, so warm and balanced (still has good sub-bass extension). All are bassy, Kai is about half the price of the other two and probably the least fatiguing.

Aug 11, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #64,218 of 103,263
OH10 is more of a V signature, so more recessed mids. FHE is Crin's effort and he hates mid-bass so sub-bass focus, then neutral from mids up. Kai is HBB tuning and he likes enough mid-bass to lend better note weight and emphasize bass guitars, so warm and balanced (still has good sub-bass extension). All are bassy, Kai is about half the price of the other two and probably the least fatiguing.
+1 on Kai. Kai also scales well and if you pair it with a warm source, it will reward you with the rumble you seek.

Aug 11, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #64,219 of 103,263
New BT dac-amp from Dethonray.

2_68cf6de4-5c67-4a09-a9a8-ffcdf054bcc3.jpg

https://hifigo.com/blogs/news/detho...-bluetooth-dac-amp-with-high-res-transmission

Aug 11, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #64,221 of 103,263
what would be a great all arounder,with a good rumble sub-bass emphasis?,im looking into fhe eclipse,oh10,kai. im thinking of spending around 150euros
The OH10 is definitely not fatiguing sound great and having both the FHE and Obsidian the OH10 are definitely worth the step up you won't be disappointed the Kai is not a all rounder and made for a library like HBB .

Aug 11, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #64,222 of 103,263
I'll throw the LETSHUOER D13 in the ring. Ii's a great all rounder. It has two tuning nozzles that audibly change the upper frequencies.

1660220449966.png

Aug 11, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #64,223 of 103,263
Ladies and Gentleman, There it is...
1660219948727.png

"Its more than Perfect, its Pefect"
---

No additional info on price or Graph yet,
But in case you wondering how they tuned their IEMs lately, Here's CCA latest, CCA Lyra (1DD)

graph(14).png
Not gonna lie, that is a pretty good looking IEM for a CCA. Has a nice industrial vibe to it. Just wish it didn't have Planar written on the face plate.

I'm hoping the sound quality is at least good for a KZ/CCA and the "supremacy of treble extension" claim makes me as a treble head excited to hear what it's like. Hopefully it might rival or beat the likes of the KZ BA10. Kinda funny (and sad) how what many consider to be the best sounding KZ's (ZS7 & BA10) are both 5 yeas old.

I'm gonna guess that the price is either going to be around $70 and somewhat justified as planar drivers are not cheap or $150+ and completely overpriced with the usual of no accessories. If the price is right I might get one, if the price is really good might even take the risk and go blind as KZ/CCA has a pretty good trackrecord with the latest releases. With exception of the ZEX "EST" (MST) model which is hands down the worst KZ I've ever heard. Muddy AF with not enough treble to counter it and the quality of said treble is just bad.

Please let this not just be a bigger version of the KZ "EST" driver :fingers_crossed:

Aug 11, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #64,224 of 103,263
1660219948727.png

---

But in case you wondering how they tuned their IEMs lately, Here's CCA latest, CCA Lyra (1DD)

graph(14).png
holy crap you got my attention

Aug 11, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #64,225 of 103,263
Not gonna lie, that is a pretty good looking IEM for a CCA. Has a nice industrial vibe to it. Just wish it didn't have Planar written on the face plate.

I'm hoping the sound quality is at least good for a KZ/CCA and the "supremacy of treble extension" claim makes me as a treble head excited to hear what it's like. Hopefully it might rival or beat the likes of the KZ BA10. Kinda funny (and sad) how what many consider to be the best sounding KZ's (ZS7 & BA10) are both 5 yeas old.

I'm gonna guess that the price is either going to be around $70 and somewhat justified as planar drivers are not cheap or $150+ and completely overpriced with the usual of no accessories. If the price is right I might get one, if the price is really good might even take the risk and go blind as KZ/CCA has a pretty good trackrecord with the latest releases. With exception of the ZEX "EST" (MST) model which is hands down the worst KZ I've ever heard. Muddy AF with not enough treble to counter it and the quality of said treble is just bad.

Please let this not just be a bigger version of the KZ "EST" driver :fingers_crossed:
Well I agree with you. The shells look gorgeous. By looking at the picture, it looks like transparent and driver is visible, like you're looking inside from a window. Industrial look surprised me.

CCA maybe entering into another market? KZ got a bad reputation. Despite being a sister company, there wasn't much of a difference when their price levels taken into consideration. So, they will push CCA up? Usually CCA was having better tunings comparing to KZ.

I don't care about planar text,doesn't look that ugly. I got used to such texts after using lz a7. You just ignore what's in your ear after some time.

Well, looking at their past, I'd expect a price under 100$ with a bad package and accessories. If they're going above, there's already a strong competitor like Salnotes with Dioko.

Moondrop and now CCA. Just wow. Getting more and more excited.

Aug 11, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #64,226 of 103,263

---

The word "Planar" is oriented correctly on one of the earpieces and UPSIDE DOWN on the other. I haven't had such a good laugh in a long time. This model is obviously for Stranger Things fans.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #64,228 of 103,263
You may not need to go there each/every time Hiby daps are mentioned?
Oh I may have too. After not one but TWO duds...oh I have to. Sorry if pointing out crap QC offends you.

Aug 12, 2022 at 1:47 AM Post #64,229 of 103,263
Oh I may have too. After not one but TWO duds...oh I have to. Sorry if pointing out crap QC offends you.

Little more than anecdote I’m afraid. Unless you can provide some kind of solid evidence that HiBy suffers from general QC issues I’m sure most of us would he happy if you gave it a rest. We get it. You got a couple bad units. It sucks. But that can happen with any tech company’s products.

Aug 12, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #64,230 of 103,263
On that end, i wonder how Hiby maintain their battery?
old KZ TWS known to have atrocious battery life and battery longetivity (charge went down significantly after a year)

But my Fiio BTR5 which i was afraid for this to happen, still pretty decent while i use the most battery draining LDAC.
Upon looking around, Fiio have ensure that they put battery management chip for over charge protection and such. it seems it does works.

Again, i wonder whether Hiby use any battery and charge management system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back