The discovery thread!
Feb 7, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #61,696 of 100,125
Check out my review of Ambient Dynamics AD-006 Lyndale.

Link: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ambient-dynamics-ad-006-lyndale-iems.25589/reviews#review-27883 20220207_142411.jpg

Feb 7, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #61,697 of 100,125
Spaceship but better!
IMG_20220207_145111.jpg

Bamboo forest bird Lark
Package: 1 carry case, 2 set of tips (wide bore + narrow bore), 1 set of foam and iem itself.
So the sounds of this set remind me of Moondrop Spaceship the most, actually i want to buy this as replacement of my Spaceship aswell. There is a peak around 5-7k that make cymbal stand out too much, i have to use y4 filter to tame it
- Bass is good with mid bass focus, no muddiness, slam is good, sounds kinda fast actually, slight bleed to the mid.
- Mid feels like moondrop tho, little shouty, little peaky around 5k
- Treble same as moondrop, 14k-16k gave sense of air, hole in 9k-13k make vocal more neutral
Detail is good, almost same level of CRA as some micro detail isn't standout like CRA
For the price yeah well, it's Spaceship but detachable cable. Good but underwelming by CRA
Edit: don't know if i really want to buy another BFB after this tho ... Kinda want to try amazing aswell but ...
Edit mk2: after changing the metal filter to mesh filter + HM filter, now they sounds the same as Spaceship... Amazing
Edit mk3: soundstage rather huge for a 6mm driver and imaging is good, lack depth
Edit mk4: sounds awsome with FPS game, wth

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #61,698 of 100,125
Spaceship but better!
IMG_20220207_145111.jpg
Package: 1 carry case, 2 set of tips (wide bore + narrow bore), 1 set of foam and iem itself.
So the sounds of this set remind me of Moondrop Spaceship the most, actually i want to buy this as replacement of my Spaceship aswell. There is a peak around 5-7k that make cymbal stand out too much, i have to use y4 filter to tame it
- Bass is good with mid bass focus, no muddiness, slam is good, sounds kinda fast actually, slight bleed to the mid.
- Mid feels like moondrop tho, little shouty, little peaky around 5k
- Treble same as moondrop, 14k-16k gave sense of air, hole in 9k-13k make vocal more neutral
Detail is good, almost same level of CRA as some micro detail isn't standout like CRA
For the price yeah well, it's Spaceship but detachable cable. Good but underwelming by CRA
Edit: don't know if i really want to buy another BFB after this tho ... Kinda want to try amazing aswell but ...
Edit mk2: after changing the metal filter to mesh filter + HM filter, now they sounds the same as Spaceship... Amazing
Edit mk3: soundstage rather huge for a 6mm driver and imaging is good, lack depth

What is the name?

Feb 7, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #61,699 of 100,125
Feb 7, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #61,701 of 100,125
Feb 8, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #61,704 of 100,125
Ironically, TFZ and Tin Audio are miles apart in their tuning philosophy haha. TFZ is generally jaw rattling visceral basshead V shaped stuff, whereas Tin HIFI is generally neutral/neutral bright stuff.
Which brand do you prefer?

I haven't heard either oddly enough. I'd rather make dumb mistakes like buy 10+ KZ's. :wink:

Feb 8, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #61,706 of 100,125
Feb 8, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #61,707 of 100,125
Which brand do you prefer?

I haven't heard either oddly enough. I'd rather make dumb mistakes like buy 10+ KZ's. :wink:

TFZ is generally a one trick pony in pushing out V shaped basshead sets. They really do well for bass forward music genres eg Hip Hop, EDM, but they may not do well with some other music genres eg classical, jazz.

TFZ gear (some of them at least) are also not too competitive in pricing, and some go at $100+ USD, and there is very tough competition at that pricing.

Tin HIFI on the other hand, generally tunes their stuff more balanced or more neutralish. But they have been pretty hit or miss lately. Like the Tin P2, Tin T5, T2 Evo Plus didn't do well, such that they even had to launch retuned versions of the P2 and T5 shortly after the originals were released. Their recent Tin T3 Plus is quite good, it has a big hype on some Facebook groups (you see tons of queries asking is Tin T3 Plus or Moondrop Aria better?). Haven't tried the Tin P1 plus but reviews seem favourable.

Some of their other models eg Tin T2 Plus, Tin T2, Tin T4 are quite good sounding, but had QC problems with the MMCX. But the recent Tin T3 Plus has switched to 2 pin connectors so I think the penny has finally dropped.

I guess both brands target different markets and niches, they are complementary rather than competing.

Feb 8, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #61,708 of 100,125
The day you can game, and also use a TWS or True Wireless IEM for it is here! We have a really interesting product here, the Sirius Pro+ from GravaStar, an IEM with extremely low latency, but excellent warm, impactful sonic performance, and an edgy design, inspired from the Cyberpunk fashion. More details on its performance, sonic modes, and comparisons with the competition in today's full written review on this high quality TWS Earphone~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...pro-pro-tws-iems-gaming-edge-performance.html

Sirius-Pro-Plus-Pro+-TWS-Gamer-Gaming-Bluetooth-True-Wireless-IEMs-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-04.jpg

Feb 8, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #61,709 of 100,125
Need help guys !

I'm facing issue with my Titan S. I have only had it for 3 days and it was fine in the beginning. But now left channel went significantly quiet. Center is off to the right. Bass is more on the right and less on the left. Detail retrieval seems better on the right and left side suffers distortion in the high frequencies especially in drum kicks.

I tried sucking in on the left side and it did help, but the more I listen to it, the more it gets quieter on the left side and everything shifts to the right. So sucking in actually does help, it makes it perfectly center. But within 10 minutes of listening it goes way off center to the right channel, losing detail every second.

Can you guys please tell me any fix for this ? Could this be a moisture issue ? I tried leaving it in a dry place for a day. But it didn't fix.

Feb 8, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #61,710 of 100,125
I've been revisiting some older IEMs and it can be quite surprising. In the last few days I have heard the Artiste DC1, Elecom CB1000, Tin T3, TRN BA5, Revonext Kew-Tee 5 and the Trinity Audio Master. After finding the correct tips for the Master (it is incredibly tip sensitive) it sounded very good indeed. I am using TRN red/grey medium bore tips and the gunmetal filter. Goodness knows what drivers are inside, after all the controversy with their products, but I think there are two out of phase DDs and two BAs. The Kew-Tee 5, T3 and BA5 were also impressive. It puts some of the newest models into perspective. Perhaps we should begin a thread featuring older classics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back