The discovery thread!
Feb 4, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #61,667 of 102,386
The new Dunu Titan S is surprising. It resolves much better than the price would indicate. For a sub $100 earphone the Titan S does so much better than so many. I have been testing them out and with a proper cable on them they become even better. Folks that say they don't have enough bass or sound a bit thin. They are more tip dependent than they seem at first and not to mention needs a proper cable. Otherwsie they are certainly my vote for best sub $100 earphone easily.

Feb 4, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #61,668 of 102,386
The new Dunu Titan S is surprising. It resolves much better than the price would indicate. For a sub $100 earphone the Titan S does so much better than so many. I have been testing them out and with a proper cable on them they become even better. Folks that say they don't have enough bass or sound a bit thin. They are more tip dependent than they seem at first and not to mention needs a proper cable. Otherwsie they are certainly my vote for best sub $100 earphone easily.
Just a half hour ago the Olina was declared better than the Titan S. Dsnuts you are falling behind! :grin:

Feb 4, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #61,669 of 102,386
I am sure those will be decent but I am just going by what I am hearing from the Titan S. This level of sound for the bux is pretty crazy. Lol. In any case it is much better than you guys would imagine. Sold on the LCP diaphragms that are being used nowadays.

The tuning is harmon but it is very well balanced for what it is with surprising technicalities. Much higher end than the price would indicate.

Feb 4, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #61,670 of 102,386
Fully agree. Not basshead but I don't find the bass at all lacking with a good seal. And the technicalities are amazing for a sub-$100 single DD.

Feb 4, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #61,671 of 102,386
I am sure those will be decent but I am just going by what I am hearing from the Titan S. This level of sound for the bux is pretty crazy. Lol. In any case it is much better than you guys would imagine. Sold on the LCP diaphragms that are being used nowadays.

The tuning is harmon but it is very well balanced for what it is with surprising technicalities. Much higher end than the price would indicate.

Olina is indeed better, but Titan S is great and slightly different. I love the looks as well. Dunu is steping up their game and I like it. I'm very curious for the next releases.

Review incoming this weekend if I find the time to finish it. And some nice macro shots :D

Feb 4, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #61,672 of 102,386
It seems there was a trickle down effect from their higher end dynamic earphones to the Ttian S. In any case. I threw on a nicer cable on them last night using them in balanced. Oh man does the sound ramp up. For folks that feel the bass is a bit reserved. Even though the tips don't fit exactly perfect on the nozzle. Try Azla Senadafit tips. Longer/ wider bored stemmed tips. Brings out the bass.

Feb 4, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #61,673 of 102,386
Olina is indeed better, but Titan S is great and slightly different. I love the looks as well. Dunu is steping up their game and I like it. I'm very curious for the next releases.

Review incoming this weekend if I find the time to finish it. And some nice macro shots :D

Not interested in the Falcon Pro or the Zens?

Feb 4, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #61,674 of 102,386
With Streaming services being the hot topic for many nowadays, many migrating from or to Spotify, some loving TIDAL and others going with Amazon Music, it is a good moment to mention Streamers, and this one is a special design from Korea, the N25 Streamer, a high-end unit from Cocktail Audio and Novatron!!

This time I heard a difference in sound right away, as it has USB inputs and I can easily compare using a DAC directly from my PC and connecting the same DAC through it, so today's review will include comparisons with three other streamers, as well personal notes about pairings, and more usage notes. If you have more questions, I am always around to help

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...25-streamer-elegance-usability-connected.html

Cocktail-N25-Streamer-MQA-Hi-Res-DAC-AMP-Bluetooth-aptX-LDAC-High-Resolution-Review-Audiophile...jpg

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #61,676 of 102,386

So by Harmon you mean smoothed out highs that roll off, or lacking in some sparkle?

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #61,677 of 102,386
I'll take the leaner bass on the DUNU vs what I know would be too much bass aka beefy bass on the Olina, because HBB is an unabashed basshead, and his two recc's I bit on both had too much bass presence, and i'm all about punchy bass with speed, mids that have attack and good timbre, and highs that are extended, airy, but not peaky.

Feb 5, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #61,678 of 102,386
Sometimes I love pulling out an old trusted classic, and tonight it was the Sennheiser CX300 II. This was my first long term IEM before I started my journey on head-fi. Bought a pair at Best Buy in 2009, when before I was using Skullcandy, and they lasted until 2012. I thought they sounded pretty gravy back then, and upon further inspection, they still sound pretty decent. Superb timbre and treble for a cheapo. They were the most bootlegged IEM in history for a reason. My old pair broke by my own hands, and I decided to research a replacement, so it took me here in 2012. I did not replace my old pair until 10 years later. I ended up falling down that rabbit hole called head-fi, and bought 100 different replacements lol These are such a fun listen, and better than half the cheapos i've bought in the last several years. Gotta love the Sennheiser sound!

Attachments

• IMG_9691.jpg
    IMG_9691.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Feb 5, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #61,679 of 102,386
Not FP, but always interested on ZP.... minus the price :sweat_smile:

EDIT: What's ur take on FP and its filters?
You make me realize I haven't tried Falcon Pro's filters other than defaults. I found it was so good and pleasant that I didn't think about swapping. They also made me reconsider skipping Zen and Zen Pro which I then purchased 2nd hand soon afterwards (I hear you about the price).

Feb 5, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #61,680 of 102,386
You make me realize I haven't tried Falcon Pro's filters other than defaults. I found it was so good and pleasant that I didn't think about swapping. They also made me reconsider skipping Zen and Zen Pro which I then purchased 2nd hand soon afterwards (I hear you about the price).

Let me know how it goes. My preferences will lean into atmospheric one, I'm pretty sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back