The discovery thread!
Jan 20, 2022 at 1:13 AM Post #61,486 of 100,512
I was just listening to my GK10 on my Opus #3, and they just don't have that zing. The bloated yet recessed mids lose the plot, but I might give the GK80 a chance?
The #3 has quite high impedance so might not be getting the best out of the GK10, especially if using single ended. GK80 is also 8ohms, so might not be worth the risk for you.

Jan 20, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #61,487 of 100,512
If any of you had to buy three iems made available in 2022 regardless of price and the iems had to be quality (you believe most people would like), what would those 3 iems be at this point in 2022?

3 CCA CRAs.

Jan 20, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #61,488 of 100,512
Is it confirmed a rebranded E500?

I bought a Final E500 recently (bought it for the Final E eartips actually, since the tips are like 15 bucks and the IEM itself is $20 in total). In audiophile calculations, the IEM costs $5 only hahaha.

Music wise, the E500 is quite meh, but it excels at binural tracks. Soundstage and imaging is very good for the coin, they also excel at videos and movies, rather than music tracks per se.

I've just recently taken the dive on both the E500 and the E1000. I love the E1000, it's great for the music I listen to that's largely acoustic/instrumental. The E500 is a strange beast, I've spent most of the morning trying to discern the main differences and generally they are more midforward, slightly more organic and have better imaging but a smaller soundstage and feel less technically adept than the E1000. The bass is slightly less taught and not as balanced with the rest of the FR on the E500. Having said I could still happily use it for music (and not just binaural tracks).

What impresses me the most with these bullet IEMs with low sensitivity is how you can scale them with amping. Listening to these out of my Little Dot 1+ is great fun and the tubes bring more natural overtones to what were already great products for the price. Plus the tips! They're great and I've adopted a set onto my more expensive IEM that was very tip sensitive and with which I was struggling to find a companion tip that settled coarse uppermid/treble without ruining the soundstage.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #61,491 of 100,512
Jan 20, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #61,492 of 100,512
I think it was made as a do it all USB charger/ display / sound/ media extender for your laptops. I actually have one of them at my house but I haven't even tried it yet. Might have to bust it open and give it a go. With laptops being more streamlined nowadays I can see the thought process in making something like this.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #61,493 of 100,512
So i decided to order the BFB Lark after a while talking to @1clearhead , let's see if they deserve the hype from him. Ordered at 19$
IMG_20220121_092048.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #61,494 of 100,512
So i decided to order the BFB Lark after a while talking to @1clearhead , let's see if they deserve the hype from him. Ordered at 19$
IMG_20220121_092048.jpg
I never like to use the word "hype", but if you like DD's for a more natural listening experience, you'll probably will like these a lot. They have enough technicalities and micro-details to sound amazing. Also, remember they are on the budget scale, so the detachable cable needs to be used with the tie-clip that comes in the package for a less micro-phonics experience. Or, you can just change them for copper or silver detachable cables.
Enjoy! :beerchug:

-Clear

Jan 20, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #61,495 of 100,512
I never like to use the word "hype", but if you like DD's for a more natural listening experience, you'll probably will like these a lot. They have enough technicalities and micro-details to sound amazing. Also, remember they are on the budget scale, so the detachable cable needs to be used with the tie-clip that comes in the package for a less micro-phonics experience. Or, you can just change them for copper or silver detachable cables.
Enjoy! :beerchug:

-Clear
Can you order/get the Lark outside of China now? Am interested but didn't think there was a seller globally yet, wish I could purchase a set or two!

Jan 20, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #61,496 of 100,512
Can you order/get the Lark outside of China now? Am interested but didn't think there was a seller globally yet, wish I could purchase a set or two!
It seems like the only way to still get them is still through Taobao by using an Agent (a middle man) to send the product to you. I tried to convince him to sell them through Aliexpress or Penon, but he still holds back and I have no idea why.

-Clear

Jan 21, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #61,498 of 100,512
When you hear the word Streamer you sometimes think of complicated services and worse than CD quality, so how about a Smart DAC / Amplifier made by none other than Cyrus Audio Ltd!!

I'm talking about the Cyurs One Cast, with support for all Streaming services, but also a heavy duty, high-end Hifi Stereo Amplifier that can push 2 x 100 W and drive basically any speaker, and has a high-end class AB Headphone AMP embedded, that features 2 x 1W, with a 1300V/us Slew Rate, all along the magical Cyrus DAC!

The best part is that is also has SID or Speaker Impedance Detector, and it automatically calibrates to your speaker to best power and drive them, and has a Linear Power Supply inside! It should end all your search for a desktop DAC/AMP, and is one good looking unit too. Information on how it actually performs, and comparisons with other high-end solutions in the full written review!!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...egrated-amplifier-english-media-flagship.html

Cyrus-One-Cast-Brit-English-Streamer-Streaming-Bluetooth-Speaker-Headphone-Amplifier-Class-AB-...jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back