The discovery thread!
Sep 21, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #60,241 of 100,737
@RikudouGoku how big are the nozzles on Falcon pro ??? They seem those 6mm nozzle size , I have got the BGVP DN3 , the body being small yet the nozzle and stem being thic just goes into my ears and pain , so could you please measure it once šŸ˜
Thanks
They are 5mm

Sep 21, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #60,244 of 100,737
TForce Yuan Li is a very visually pleasing iem. The sound signature is smooth and gorgeous, like a furball, however, it has a hidden claw in upper mid/lower treble region, which can suddenly lash out and leave a light scratch. While I liked the rest of the sound, this one particular aspect set the balance off for me. Here is the full review:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tforce-audio-yuan-li.25261/review/26853/

20210921_130750.jpg

Sep 21, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #60,246 of 100,737
86ECA0F6-8E8F-4B41-9A5A-955A6F4D380F.jpeg

My day-1 impressions: These are pretty great; for the price, they should be. The medium stock tips fit great and seal completely. The earbuds themselves are extremely comfy and you nearly forget theyā€™re there. In terms of connection stability, itā€™s brilliant. Itā€™s a revelation to finally have a TWS set that donā€™t cut out on one side just because one has walked somewhat close by to another TWS user or is around people in general.

The gesture to temporarily disable ANC by touching and holding the left earbud is very thoughtful, as is the automatic speech mode. The ANC itself is a step up from that found on my previous TWS daily driver, the LG Tone FN7. The background is extremely black with no hiss, and you really feel like youā€™re in your own world.

The XM4s arenā€™t neutral per se, but they arenā€™t typical Sony consumer extra bass trash either. They are warm and rich; they have a ā€œbigā€, full, dimensional sound. Iā€™ve enabled DSEE Extreme but left the equaliser untouched; out of the box, these pretty much hit my ideal signature. Engaging, balanced, dynamic, with sufficient detail at the high end.

I purchased these on impulse at RRP, from Amazon because returns policy. I think Iā€™ll be keeping them though. Theyā€™re good.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #60,247 of 100,737
BGVP DN3- Initial impressions- It does do all things really and a very mid forewards presentation!! Staging is okay, will need more time
Actually liking it and a good different sound signature than Akoustyx!!! Except the nozzle is a bit too big for my ears hence a bit of pain when using it for long!!
Sorry for the bad pics , i was in another city with this iem and just took the pics after coming home :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, didnt do much critical listening but i have an idea now!!!

Cable- could be done better but is fine !!!
20210921_205604.jpg

20210921_205553.jpg

Sep 21, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #60,248 of 100,737
GK12 just arrived. It came very quick as it's on sale in the country that I'm living (and surprisingly only on sale on that website, weird!).

Seeing that they claim it has 6 drivers (1 DD for bass + 2 seperate DDs for mids + 1 ba for high + 2 piezos for ultra highs) with a 40$ price tag made me buy it. GK10 has 5 drivers per side (with only difference having only one bigDD for mids). This is very unusual to see different types of drivers gathered together in that price range and I believe it requires an encouragement to do that. But the outcome is not always great of course.

For example, I'm one of those who like the GK10. However, I have seen that there are those who love this product as well as those who do not like it, due to the lack of quality in production. That's why I was skeptical of this brand when I was buying it.

Unboxing experience is very similar to the GK10. Two pair of silicone tips, small leather looking case and headphones itself along with a mediocre cable.

20210921_201541.jpg

The faceplate looks nice and shares the same stabilized wood with GK10. Very nice color.

20210921_201635.jpg

And disappointing factor is that I can't change the cables. In such case, I'd expect a mic and button on the cable at least like Xiaomi's Hybrid and Pro Hd models have.

20210921_201855.jpg

It's nice to see the drivers from the transparent shells. I always wanted to examine the internal design of GK10 so I tried to take detailed look at those drivers from the other side.

20210921_201816.jpg

The two mid drivers located in the center of the shell, meanwhile the bass DD is close to the nozzle. BA is right on the nozzle. It looks messy with the cables inside and the glue they used ia not applied well as I see differences between the two shells.

VideoCapture_20210921-213428.jpg

I guess they placed the piezos on the top of bass DD(white visible part) but I honestly don't know how there are two piezoelectric driver with 5 layers each. I don't know if they're that tiny and slim. So, I'll leave it up to the experts here.

VideoCapture_20210921-213528.jpg

Okay. Coming to the listening experience, I'll not keep it long, as OOTB sound experience is disappointing.

Channel division is wrong. Left is coming from right and right from the left. Seriously, Geek Wold, what's this QC issues you have... I'll try to return them tomorrow.

Bass is very similar to the GK10, rumbles well but with a mid bass emphasis that some people may not like it. Agile yet not that strong.

Mid is the weird part, it sounds recessed and lack details. I wonder if it would get better with the burn-in. I heard improvements on GK10 in time. But I won't have that chance with these.

Treble is more or less similar to the GK10. I hear the difference in the ultra high part. I think they implemented piezos better on GK10 that I don't hear that much sparkle, air on the GK12. After some tip rolling it got better but still not on the same league with GK10.

The soundstage is narrower. Imaging is worse. Tonality as well.

To summarize all, I don't see GK12 to be a better version of GK10. I wanted to see how it performs with two DDs handling the mid parts and having more doesn't mean better quality. Having it with non-replaceable cable makes it even worse for those who like to change it. I still like and enjoy my GK10 and I'll be waiting for the upcoming GK100. However, knowing that it will be more expensive, I won't be pulling the trigger early until I make sure they managed to increase the quality of the production.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #60,249 of 100,737
I can't even think of a more fitting thread to post this in:

I have been thinking but some companies approach me asking me to review some straightforward outrageous products, like today's thingy, an Air Conduction earphone. It ended up being a weird and fun trip, a bit like listening some earbuds that aren't quite in your ear.

I made a full review about the MU6 Ring Earbud system, and I hope it will come in handy, and altough the whole concept is weird, it ain't even that bad, just really unusual. Reminds me a bit of that Sennheiser Surrounder system from the 90's :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/09/mu6-ring-bone-air-conduction-earbud-sport-or-stop.html

Mu-6-Ring-Air-Conduction-System-Headphones-Headset-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-06.jpg

Sep 22, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #60,252 of 100,737
So today I was listening to the Aladdin with a new cable - the Hisenior AS8 Autumn Sky (named by yours truly). This is a silver and copper alloy cable with modular termination - 3.5 MM SE, 2.5 mm balanced and 4.4 mm balanced terminations provided. This cable is indeed a very nice cable - visually pleasing, quite supple despite the 8 core configuration, and sounds good too! It cleans up the midrange of Aladdin even more, enhances separation, tightens the bass. I am liking it quite a lot! This photo came out especially good as well.

20210922_123314.jpg

Sep 22, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #60,253 of 100,737
Audiosense DT600: Two Notes, One IEM

High quality bass performance out of an all-BA IEM is pretty rare. High quality bass performance with an option for changing the tuning to a high-quality mid-centric tuning is...

Well, that's what the Audiosense DT600 does, and it does it well. This is the successor the T800 deserved.

IMG_20210917_121833.jpg

Please do check out my review here, thanks!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/audiosense-dt600.25428/reviews#review-26830

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #60,255 of 100,737
Oooh... let's see what Moondrop did with this one! :ksc75smile:

Wow so fast? Where did you order? Or is it some sort of review unit?

I placed preorder minutes after Kato becomes available for pre-order from Shenzhen Audio and itā€™ not even shipped yetšŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø

Users who are viewing this thread

Back