The discovery thread!
Sep 20, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #60,227 of 99,991
7Hz Timeless Impression:
U-shaped, clean and elevated bass, well-tuned clean and detailed vocals, airy/clean but non-peaky treble. RIP Tin Hifi P1

SeeAudio Bravery Impressions:
Mildly V-shaped, slightly above average bass for a BA set, vocals are slightly recessed but otherwise pretty natural and not shouty. Treble is tuned pretty well and isnt peaky and more on the relaxing side. (Not sure if the price tag is justified with the competition, it has though…)

Dunu Falcon Pro Impressions:
Mildly V-shaped; Sub-bass roll-off, lacking some quantity as well. But mid-bass is quite fast and tight despite the elevated quantity so it is clean. Vocals are a bit recessed but otherwise quite clean and natural, especially male vocals. Treble is very smooth and does have air, will probably not offend anyone with peaks.

Sounds like a mix between the Sony XBA-N3 (Mids/Treble) and the Dunu Zen (Bass).
Thank you for your impressions. I am holding off on either the Bravery or the Falcon Pro.

Sep 20, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #60,228 of 99,991
Thank you for your impressions. I am holding off on either the Bravery or the Falcon Pro.
Guess I share my reflections (existential crisis) on the Bravery impression I have.

Bravery.jpg

Sep 20, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #60,229 of 99,991
Dunu Falcon Pro Impressions:
Mildly V-shaped; Sub-bass roll-off, lacking some quantity as well. But mid-bass is quite fast and tight despite the elevated quantity so it is clean. Vocals are a bit recessed but otherwise quite clean and natural, especially male vocals. Treble is very smooth and does have air, will probably not offend anyone with peaks.
That roll off is the one downer about the Zen. Like that they are seemingly addressing it for the Zen pro. Don't like that it may be in the Falcon Pro esp. after all the wait.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #60,230 of 99,991
That roll off is the one downer about the Zen. Like that they are seemingly addressing it for the Zen pro. Don't like that it may be in the Falcon Pro esp. after all the wait.
graph (9).png

Yup, treble is tuned a lot better on the Falcon Pro.

Sep 20, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #60,231 of 99,991
Guess I share my reflections (existential crisis) on the Bravery impression I have.

Bravery.jpg
I'm desperately hoping that my GD5 ends up bringing that little bit of extra bass and sparkle that my GD7B are lacking. The GD7B are pretty much the perfect specimen of relaxed treble and forward mids, so they're wonderful for relaxed listening on instrumental stuff and YouTube videos, etc. I just want that bit of extra musicality. A shame that the Bravery doesn't seem to do what you expected of it.

Sep 20, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #60,232 of 99,991
graph (9).png
Yup, treble is tuned a lot better on the Falcon Pro.
Yeah, that bass looks worse than the Zen but the treble cliff isn't. I don't mind it in the Zen and seems it was done intentionally and kind of works for it's evenness actually even if one might say they want more extension for the price. The bass was more the nag for me so that Falcon Pro seemingly rolling even more is a turn off. Plus the talk of the mids being a bit back would count me out from a Falcon Pro.

Sep 20, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #60,233 of 99,991
it was done intentionally and kind of works for it's evenness actually even if one might say they want more extension for the price.
Yes, I believe so. Otherwise if it had the exact same tuning, but with more upper-treble, the overall upper-mids/treble would be too much.

The bass was more the nag for me so that Falcon Pro seemingly rolling even more is a turn off.
Yes, it does roll-off. I only did a quick compare with them to confirm the bass texture, and the Zen does have better bass texture as well.

Sep 21, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #60,234 of 99,991
Looks like TRN has launched a new VX Pro that doesn't have outright scary treble peaks. Seems actually quite tame in that regard. Looks like they've gone for a 10mm DD + 4x 30095 and 4x 50060 this time around. I'm still not entirely convinced that they can be trusted alone with the 30095 drivers, but the graph looks pretty decent. Price looks to be around $87.

Hd088812d381a40ee95f65816e0d577e04.jpg

Ha3348a83f8024c44a7732d355fa84c146.jpg

Can be found at their AliExpress Store

Sep 21, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #60,239 of 99,991

Users who are viewing this thread

Back