The discovery thread!
Aug 11, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #58,982 of 100,081
TRN X7 is up.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNuFsWL
I received a coupon code: TRNX72
Not sure how much it discounts..m(note: tried, the promo code was $20 off, but still $110 for 30095?…tuning looks pretty flat bass.

7445D928-159B-42FC-A0F2-160CAB423436.jpeg
BE461EC4-4C53-4355-9565-B6D49A563B99.jpeg

Aug 11, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #58,983 of 100,081
TRN X7 is up.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNuFsWL
I received a coupon code: TRNX72
Not sure how much it discounts..m(note: tried, the promo code was $20 off, but still $110 for 30095?…tuning looks pretty flat bass.

7445D928-159B-42FC-A0F2-160CAB423436.jpegBE461EC4-4C53-4355-9565-B6D49A563B99.jpeg
That tuning honestly looks worse than the tuning on the significantly cheaper TRN VX to me. Hopefully they send around a review set so someone else can confirm their graph, but it looks quite bass anemic for the nearly 15dB treble gain. I'm certain there's a market for it or they wouldn't intentionally tune it like that, I'm just not in it.

Aug 11, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #58,984 of 100,081
That tuning honestly looks worse than the tuning on the significantly cheaper TRN VX to me. Hopefully they send around a review set so someone else can confirm their graph, but it looks quite bass anemic for the nearly 15dB treble gain. I'm certain there's a market for it or they wouldn't intentionally tune it like that, I'm just not in it.
Yea and it’s 30095 peaky treble.

I liked the shell, but the graph and price, composition is disappointing

Even with the discount, $110 is the TRI Starsea range, Starsea is a serious one.

We have another contender like GS Audio too

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #58,985 of 100,081
it's only a 7dB gain,
better tuning than the catastrophic VX,

Aug 11, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #58,987 of 100,081
Just argued with TRN Official store, telling them the pricing is little crazy. Hope they listen and make X7 to ZAS level $60-70.
If they don't listen to this suggestion then in 11.11 sale it will definitely drop to $50-60. Because with that graph and their dubious QC, I don't see them selling like hotcakes.

Aug 11, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #58,988 of 100,081
Yea and it’s 30095 peaky treble.

I liked the shell, but the graph and price, composition is disappointing

Even with the discount, $110 is the TRI Starsea range, Starsea is a serious one.

We have another contender like GS Audio too
I like my GS Audio GD7B more than my TRI Starsea. It's somehow less bass anemic even with its quite flat tuning. I think the GS Audio GD3A would be a fairer comparison, but I've not heard that set yet. $110 is just way too expensive, in my opinion, for something with a graph that has that many glaring flaws. It's entirely possible that it sounds better than the graphs indicate. This has been the case many a time, including with the GK10 (mine still hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully I'll be able to hear it soon), but I wouldn't hold out too much hope when the bass is like that.

Aug 11, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #58,989 of 100,081
Just from the graphs of those two, I could tell they'd review well. I'm glad their technicalities have lived up to their tuning based on the FR.

Aug 11, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #58,990 of 100,081
Just argued with TRN Official store, telling them the pricing is little crazy. Hope they listen and make X7 to ZAS level $60-70.

Yeah it might be wise to wait and not be first adopters at the launch price, especially for gear > $100 USD. CHIFI products in general will drop in prices after a few weeks post release.

As for TRN's higher end models, the TRN VX launched at $90ish USD. After a few months, it was selling at $50ish. TRN BA8 was launched around $140ish USD, after a few months it is around sub $100 USD. TRN BA15 launched at $260ish, now it is around ~ $220 USD. Strangely, the TRN Golden ears launched at a very affordable $15000 USD, and is still at this price after all these months, talk about retaining good value!

Anyways, patience will generally bring more savings, there's sales littered throughout the year too. And besides, a new hypetrain comes out every few weeks in CHIFIland. Something you bought and am burning in (cause the manufacturer in the product insert claims it needs 100 - 200 hours to "open" up), may very well become obsolete once a new hypetrain reaches the mailbox a few weeks later.

Rarely there are some hypetrains that sellers do a price gouge on if they are reviewed well. Case in point: Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 was originally $39 USD, then it went to $60 - 69 USD after hyped reviews. Best part is the sellers of the Urbanfun claimed they upped the price to "ensure better QC", but the later batches still had wonky MMCX and some even had different drivers ("noble metal" drivers versus the original beryllium drivers).

Aug 11, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #58,991 of 100,081
This review is on a new startup company I discovered on Taobao!
…Can this be the beginning of the budget take over?

Introducing Bamboo Forest Bird, ridiculous price for such Hi-Definition sound!

WeChat Image_20210808191411 (2).jpgWeChat Image_20210808191332 (2).jpgWeChat Image_20210807231702 (2).jpgWeChat Image_20210807231729 (2).jpg

About Bamboo Forest Bird
Bamboo Forest Bird is a fairly new company. They first came out in public with their own exclusive in-ear earphones in 2020 and started selling them through their own webpage on Taobao, one of China’s biggest shopping websites. For now, they only carry two in-ear earphones to their name, but they’re gaining quite a following lately ever since the words been out in China that who’s ever tuning their earphones is “a force to be reckoned with” for the high quality tuning of their 8mm + 6mm micro DD on the “BFB Amazing” and their later model’s incredible tuning of their 6mm “BFB Lark”. Since last year, they’ve gained a lot of recognition through a partnered website on Taobao with many people buying the BFB Amazing at that website first instead of other branded names. Then after, BFB started seller the BFB Lark on their own website later that year. By this year, both the BFB website and its partner website have been selling both models with almost excellent feedbacks. And, just recently BFB is leading the way on best-selling earphones at their partnered website at almost 3,600 reviews to date with countless buyers after releasing the BFB Lark. So, I found it suspicious that the BFB Lark was gaining so much popularity, so I decided to buy them at only a mere 89 yuan, which translates to only $14 dollars. Who would have known that the price would be as low as to say, “lunch for two?” So, let’s see what’s separates both of them and what makes them unique in their own rights for many buyers in China. We’ll start with the BFB Lark first, then continue with the BFB Amazing.

NOTE: Just a reminder, the earphones spoken of below are mostly Chi-Fi branded IEM's and some people might be judgmental on quality rather than just sound alone. So, note that the comparison below will be based more on sound impression with a budget expense in mind for those looking for an opportunity of a hi-definition and mature sound.

My first encounter with the BFB Lark
WeChat Image_20210808191403 (2).jpgBFB LARK (2).png *Picture is Courtesy of BFB for the BFB LARK

More than a month ago I was seeking for a micro DD that could perform like no other micro DD that could provide a long excursion sub-bass, transparent and natural MID’s, and micro details without ever sounding harsh and while searching on the Taobao website that’s when I stumbled onto the BFB Lark. I didn’t merely get them only by the reviews astonishing high purchase rate, or the detachable cables, and nice accessories and package, but because the Frequency Graph was driving me nuts. I couldn’t believe the frequency graph that I was looking at. For a micro DD, it sure had the graph of a champion! I’m sure it must have been a hard feat to accomplish coming from the tuning department on a 6mm micro DD. It finally had the similar “Harman curve” that I was looking for with just the right bump in the sub-bass, MID’s, and highs. Now, when I finally received them at my door step after purchasing them, I was astonished! But, not so much on just the looks and the package alone, but the sound according to the graph that I was hoping to hear was justified. I felt like I found a “diamond in the rough”. The details sounded very similar and reminded me of two of my favorite earphones; the retro KOSS KSC35 and the SR MT300 IEM. First, it completely almost mirrors the KSC35 in overall sound, but knowing that the KSC35’s is sort of open sounding on-ear headphones, the LARK’s are in-ear and sealed. The Lark’s digs deeper in the sub-bass department leaving me dumbfounded and speechless, while it provided an exact similar soundstage to the KSC35, which practically makes the LARK’s one of the widest soundstage listening experience I’ve ever heard coming from any micro DD. Separation and imaging is also spectacular and unmatched by many earphones I personally own. The Midrange is incredibly clear, lively, and natural to the point that I can hear pin drops and breathing with many of my songs that I’m only able to pick up with my IEM’s and headphones that range around $150 dollars and above. With the treble, I was just as surprised because it has a similar and precise definition towards details as the MT300’s EST drivers. The treble from the LARK’s micro DD’s are so detailed that it was really hard to tell them apart from the EST drivers coming from the MT300. Now, I know it sounds too good to be true, so I decided to invite my wife to listen to them and compare them to the KSC35 and the MT300’s. What I didn’t expect next was that she would overpower me just to keep them for herself! So, as the good gentle man that I am, I decided to order two (2) more. Once I received them, it was the same as the first. So, to me it looked like QC wouldn’t be a factor for the BFB Larks. Now, for those who prefer DF neutral target, you won’t find it here. They will definitely compete more within the Harman Curve audience with an enjoyable balanced sound signature with extended lower bass, transparent MID’s, and extended treble providing plenty of micro-details.

My second encounter, the BFB Amazing
WeChat Image_20210807231547 (2).jpgWeChat Image_20210808212746 (2).jpgWeChat Image_20210807231538 (3).jpg
*Picture is Courtesy of BFB for the BFB Amazing

The story for the BFB Amazing is interesting, since they were actually the first model to come out on Taobao from the BFB company in 2020, and it was because of my purchase of the BFB Lark that lead me to the BFB Amazing. So, I decided to contact the main company to see if they can send me the BFB Amazing in return for an honest review for both in which they did. After receiving the BFB Amazing, I noticed it was a dual DD unit with one 8MM for bass and 6MM for the MID’s and treble. The second thing I noticed was that it had a true 2-way crossover dividing the lows to the 8MM, and the MID’s and highs to the 6MM micro DD’s. Usually, you will find a combination of two (2) DD’s with no need of a crossover, but this was really a smart move from the tuning expert here to install one, so that the sound will generate in a more natural and coherent way. Good job BFB team! Now, the look of the BFB Amazing is beautiful to look at with white pearl design on the outside plus detachable cables with nice accessories and package. But, once I tried them on for a listen, it was actually like the name says, Amazing! They have a similar tuning with the BFB Larks, but with more emphasis on the midrange. It’s slightly more forward compared with the Lark providing an airy and more spacious sound. They provide an enjoyable 3D-like balanced signature with extended bass, extended treble, but the MID’s are more forward and life-like, which brings it to life. “No kidding” when I say that they sound like they have built in BA’s for the MID’s, so eventually it took me by surprise at first. They can easily compete with much higher costing IEM’s and punches way above its’ price point. Since, the 6MM micro DD is providing all the highs and details, while the 8MM DD’s maintains the lower bass, it’s no wonder they can rival almost any DD in existence on transparency and details, and may I dare say to the likings of Tanchjim Oxygen, KB EAR Diamond, BLON BL03, KZ DQ6, etc…So, let’s not forget the tuning! I can imagine, there is a very good tuning expert tuning these IEM’s not just for enjoyment, but to compete with much higher tier, and overall I can say that they follow the Harman Curve for those who enjoy this type of tuning.

PACKAGE for BFB LARK
WeChat Image_20210808191445 (3).jpgWeChat Image_20210807231556 (2).jpg
The BFB LARK comes in a beautifully displayed white box with birds pictured on the box with plenty of accessories inside, which includes the main metal-alloy IEM units in black, MMCX detachable cables with MIC, two (2) sets of “white” and “black” S-M-L silicone ear tips. The white “wide-bore” set of ear tips plays “transparently”, while the black “narrow-bore” set of ear tips plays “balanced”. The package also includes a set of sponge ear tips in its own plastic case, a shirt clip, one metal round storage case, plus a gray carry case for those on the go.

PACKAGE for BFB AMAZING
WeChat Image_20210807231820 (2).jpgWeChat Image_20210807231556 (2).jpg

The BFB AMAZING also comes in a beautifully displayed white box with birds pictured on the box with plenty of accessories inside, which includes the main IEM units in a white pearl resin finish (or optional in black, or mixed), MMCX detachable cables with MIC, back/forward, and volume controls, two (2) sets of white and black S-M-L silicone ear tips. The white “wide-bore” set of ear tips plays “transparently” while the black “narrow-bore” set of ear tips plays “balanced”. The package also includes a set of sponge ear tips in its own plastic case, a shirt clip, and a gray carry case for those on the go.

PERSONAL SUGGESTIONS:
If you are looking for a listening experience similar to the standards of the KOSS KSC35, or SR MT300, then I suggest you buy the BFB LARK. But, if you’re looking for a listening experience to the likings of the Tanchjim Oxygen, KB EAR Diamond, BLON BL03, KZ DQ6, or other similar DD’s, then I suggest you buy the BFB AMAZING. My last suggestion would be to use “wide-bore” silicone ear tips for both the LARK and AMAZING. They bring out the best precision and musical sound possible out of both of them, IMHO!

PERSONAL NOTE:
Personally, I think the BFB LARK and BFB AMAZING are one of the better IEM’s I’ve ever come across from a startup company that outperforms many other IEM’s in its price range. The AMAZING has a comfort fit, while the LARKS has a compact size and comfort fit as well. Both can easily satisfy many for their mature tuning and easy going appearance. So, in my honest opinion I can easily recommend the BFB LARK to be an incredible deal for its natural and very wide soundstage and sonic-like signature, while the BFB AMAZING for its luscious presentation of its forward MID’s with a 3D-like holographic signature. You can purchase the BFB LARK at around 89 yuan, which translates to $14 US dollars, while the BFB AMAZING can be purchased at around 159 yuan, translating to $25 US dollars. Finally, I would like to thank the owner of Bamboo Forest Bird and his team for providing the BFB AMAZING in return for an honest review, while the BFB LARKS, in this case, was my own personal purchase.

Check out the BFB LARK and BFB AMAZING by searching at any of the two stores below. In the case of this seller, you can register and buy any of them globally.

OFFICIAL: BAMBOO FOREST BIRD TAOBAO STORE
https://shop230644266.taobao.com/index.htm?spm=2013.1.w5002-23641726725.2.66b7780494ymWW

Reviews for the BFB Lark: If you want to see the many positive Chinese reviews for the LARK, please check out the link below…
PARTNER: NEXT DOOR LAO WANG DIGITAL STORE
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.61f32e8dfMo4x9&id=630361708941&_u=7206rtltraf0ef

1clearhead Approved.png
Hope this helps anyone in their personal choice of whether the BFB LARK or BFB AMAZING is right for you!

Cheers!

-Clear

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #58,992 of 100,081
This review is on a new startup company I discovered on Taobao!
…Can this be the beginning of the budget take over?

Introducing Bamboo Forest Bird, ridiculous price for such Hi-Definition sound!

WeChat Image_20210808191411 (2).jpgWeChat Image_20210808191332 (2).jpgWeChat Image_20210807231702 (2).jpgWeChat Image_20210807231729 (2).jpg

About Bamboo Forest Bird
Bamboo Forest Bird is a fairly new company. They first came out in public with their own exclusive in-ear earphones in 2020 and started selling them through their own webpage on Taobao, one of China’s biggest shopping website. For now, they only carry 2 in-ear earphones to their name, but they’re gaining quite a following lately ever since the words been out in China that who’s ever tuning their earphones is “a force to be reckoned with” for the high quality tuning of their 8mm + 6mm micro DD on the “BFB Amazing” and their later model’s incredible tuning of their 6mm “BFB Lark”. Since last year, they’ve gained a lot of recognition through a partnered website on Taobao with many people buying the BFB Amazing at that website first instead of other branded names. Then after, BFB started seller the BFB Lark on their own website later that year. By this year, both the BFB website and its partner website have been selling both models with almost excellent feedbacks. And, just recently BFB is leading the way on best-selling earphones at their partnered website at almost 3,600 reviews to date with countless buyers after releasing the BFB Lark. So, I found it suspicious that the BFB Lark was gaining so much popularity, so I decided to buy them at only a mere 89 yuan, which translates to only $14 dollars. Who would have known that the price would be as low as to say, “lunch for two?” So, let’s see what’s separates both of them and what makes them unique in their own rights for many buyers in China. We’ll start with the BFB Lark first, then continue with the BFB Amazing.

NOTE: Just a reminder, the earphones spoken of below are mostly Chi-Fi branded IEM's and some people might be judgmental on quality rather than just sound alone. So, note that the comparison below will be based more on sound impression with a budget expense in mind for those looking for an opportunity of a hi-definition and mature sound.

My first encounter with the BFB Lark
WeChat Image_20210808191403 (2).jpgBFB LARK (2).png *Picture is Courtesy of BFB for the BFB LARK

More than a month ago I was seeking for a micro DD that could perform like no other micro DD that could provide a long excursion sub-bass, transparent and natural MID’s, and micro details without ever sounding harsh and while searching on the Taobao website that’s when I stumbled onto the BFB Lark. I didn’t merely get them only by the reviews astonishing high purchase rate, or the detachable cables, and nice accessories and package, but because the Frequency Graph was driving me nuts. I couldn’t believe the frequency graph that I was looking at. For a micro DD, it sure had the graph of a champion! I’m sure it must have been a hard feat to accomplish coming from the tuning department on a 6mm micro DD. It finally had the similar “Harman curve” that I was looking for with just the right bump in the sub-bass, MID’s, and highs. Now, when I finally received them at my door step after purchasing them, I was astonished! But, not so much on just the looks and the package alone, but the sound according to the graph that I was hoping to hear was justified. I felt like I found a “diamond in the rough”. The details sounded very similar and reminded me of two of my favorite earphones; the retro KOSS KSC35 and the SR MT300 IEM. First, it completely almost mirrors the KSC35 in overall sound, but knowing that the KSC35’s is sort of open sounding on-ear headphones, the LARK’s are in-ear and sealed. The Lark’s digs deeper in the sub-bass department leaving me dumbfounded and speechless, while it provided an exact similar soundstage to the KSC35, which practically makes the LARK’s one of the widest soundstage listening experience I’ve ever heard coming from any micro DD. Separation and imaging is also spectacular and unmatched by many earphones I personally own. The Midrange is incredibly clear, lively, and natural to the point that I can hear pin drops and breathing with many of my songs that I’m only able to pick up with my IEM’s and headphones that range around $150 dollars and above. With the treble, I was just as surprised because it has a similar and precise definition towards details as the MT300’s EST drivers. The treble from the LARK’s micro DD’s are so detailed that it was really hard to tell them apart from the EST drivers coming from the MT300. Now, I know it sounds too good to be true, so I decided to invite my wife to listen to them and compare them to the KSC35 and the MT300’s. What I didn’t expect next was that she would overpower me just to keep them for herself! So, as the good gentle man that I am, I decided to order two (2) more. Once I received them, it was the same as the first. So, to me it looked like QC wouldn’t be a factor for the BFB Larks. Now, for those who prefer DF neutral target, you won’t find it here. They will definitely compete more within the Harman Curve audience with an enjoyable balanced sound signature with extended lower bass, transparent MID’s, and extended treble providing plenty of micro-details.

My second encounter, the BFB Amazing
WeChat Image_20210807231547 (2).jpgWeChat Image_20210808212746 (2).jpgWeChat Image_20210807231538 (3).jpg
*Picture is Courtesy of BFB for the BFB Amazing

The story for the BFB Amazing is interesting, since they were actually the first model to come out on Taobao from the BFB company in 2020, and it was because of my purchase of the BFB Lark that lead me to the BFB Amazing. So, I decided to contact the main company to see if they can send me the BFB Amazing in return for an honest review for both in which they did. After receiving the BFB Amazing, I noticed it was a dual DD unit with one 8MM for bass and 6MM for the MID’s and treble. The second thing I noticed was that it had a true 2-way crossover dividing the lows to the 8MM, and the MID’s and highs to the 6MM micro DD’s. Usually, you will find a combination of two (2) DD’s with no need of a crossover, but this was really a smart move from the tuning expert here to install one, so that the sound will generate in a more natural and coherent way. Good job BFB team! Now, the look of the BFB Amazing is beautiful to look at with white pearl design on the outside plus detachable cables with nice accessories and package. But, once I tried them on for a listen, it was actually like the name says, Amazing! They have a similar tuning with the BFB Larks, but with more emphasis on the midrange. It’s slightly more forward compared with the Lark providing an airy and more spacious sound. They provide an enjoyable 3D-like balanced signature with extended bass, extended treble, but the MID’s are more forward and life-like, which brings it to life. “No kidding” when I say that they sound like they have built in BA’s for the MID’s, so eventually it took me by surprise at first. They can easily compete with much higher costing IEM’s and punches way above its’ price point. Since, the 6MM micro DD is providing all the highs and details, while the 8MM DD’s maintains the lower bass, it’s no wonder they can rival almost any DD in existence on transparency and details, and may I dare say to the likings of Tanchjim Oxygen, KB EAR Diamond, BLON BL03, KZ DQ6, etc…So, let’s not forget the tuning! I can imagine, there is a very good tuning expert tuning these IEM’s not just for enjoyment, but to compete with much higher tier, and overall I can say that they follow the Harman Curve for those who enjoy this type of tuning.

PACKAGE for BFB LARK
WeChat Image_20210808191445 (3).jpgWeChat Image_20210807231556 (2).jpg
The BFB LARK comes in a beautifully displayed white box with birds pictured on the box with plenty of accessories inside, which includes the main metal-alloy IEM units in black, MMCX detachable cables with MIC, two (2) sets of “white” and “black” S-M-L silicone ear tips. The white “wide-bore” set of ear tips plays “transparently”, while the black “narrow-bore” set of ear tips plays “balanced”. The package also includes a set of sponge ear tips in its own plastic case, a shirt clip, one metal round storage case, plus a gray carry case for those on the go.

PACKAGE for BFB AMAZING
WeChat Image_20210807231820 (2).jpgWeChat Image_20210807231556 (2).jpg

The BFB AMAZING also comes in a beautifully displayed white box with birds pictured on the box with plenty of accessories inside, which includes the main IEM units in a white pearl resin finish (or optional in black, or mixed), MMCX detachable cables with MIC, back/forward, and volume controls, two (2) sets of white and black S-M-L silicone ear tips. The white “wide-bore” set of ear tips plays “transparently” while the black “narrow-bore” set of ear tips plays “balanced”. The package also includes a set of sponge ear tips in its own plastic case, a shirt clip, and a gray carry case for those on the go.

PERSONAL SUGGESTIONS:
If you are looking for a listening experience similar to the standards of the KOSS KSC35, or SR MT300, then I suggest you buy the BFB LARK. But, if you’re looking for a listening experience to the likings of the Tanchjim Oxygen, KB EAR Diamond, BLON BL03, KZ DQ6, or other similar DD’s, then I suggest you buy the BFB AMAZING. My last suggestion would be to use “wide-bore” silicone ear tips for both the LARK and AMAZING. They bring out the best precision and musical sound possible out of both of them, IMHO!

PERSONAL NOTE:
Personally, I think the BFB LARK and BFB AMAZING are one of the better IEM’s I’ve ever come across from a startup company that outperforms many other IEM’s in its price range. The AMAZING has a comfort fit, while the LARKS has a compact size and comfort fit as well. Both can easily satisfy many for their mature tuning and easy going appearance. So, in my honest opinion I can easily recommend the BFB LARK to be an incredible deal for its natural and very wide soundstage and sonic-like signature, while the BFB AMAZING for its luscious presentation of its forward MID’s with a 3D-like holographic signature. You can purchase the BFB LARK at around 89 yuan, which translates to $14 US dollars, while the BFB AMAZING can be purchased at around 159 yuan, translating to $25 US dollars. Finally, I would like to thank the owner of Bamboo Forest Bird and his team for providing the BFB AMAZING in return for an honest review, while the BFB LARKS, in this case, was my own personal purchase.

Check out the BFB LARK and BFB AMAZING by searching at any of the two stores below. In the case of this seller, you can register and buy any of them globally.

OFFICIAL: BAMBOO FOREST BIRD TAOBAO STORE
https://shop230644266.taobao.com/index.htm?spm=2013.1.w5002-23641726725.2.66b7780494ymWW

Reviews for the BFB Lark: If you want to see the many positive Chinese reviews for the LARK, please check out the link below…
PARTNER: NEXT DOOR LAO WANG DIGITAL STORE
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.61f32e8dfMo4x9&id=630361708941&_u=7206rtltraf0ef

Hope this helps anyone in their personal choice of whether the BFB LARK or BFB AMAZING is right for you!

Cheers!

-Clear

This is interesting. Can you tell me how how well does taobao work (never used it). Ty

Aug 11, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #58,994 of 100,081
This is interesting. Can you tell me how how well does taobao work (never used it). Ty
Even though this store sells globally, I would suggest you get someone that knows Chinese to register or buy them through that person. There are even Taobao agents that sell globally to those that don't know Chinese. I'm an American living in China, so my Chinese friends helped me to register and open my account, which I don't have any experience in doing. So, in the end I personally think the majority of sellers work really well with foreigners, IMHO. Though, keep in mind there are those that won't deliver overseas and only deliver within China.

-Clear

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #58,995 of 100,081
Yeah it might be wise to wait and not be first adopters at the launch price, especially for gear > $100 USD. CHIFI products in general will drop in prices after a few weeks post release.

As for TRN's higher end models, the TRN VX launched at $90ish USD. After a few months, it was selling at $50ish. TRN BA8 was launched around $140ish USD, after a few months it is around sub $100 USD. TRN BA15 launched at $260ish, now it is around ~ $220 USD. Strangely, the TRN Golden ears launched at a very affordable $15000 USD, and is still at this price after all these months, talk about retaining good value!

Anyways, patience will generally bring more savings, there's sales littered throughout the year too. And besides, a new hypetrain comes out every few weeks in CHIFIland. Something you bought and am burning in (cause the manufacturer in the product insert claims it needs 100 - 200 hours to "open" up), may very well become obsolete once a new hypetrain reaches the mailbox a few weeks later.

Rarely there are some hypetrains that sellers do a price gouge on if they are reviewed well. Case in point: Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 was originally $39 USD, then it went to $60 - 69 USD after hyped reviews. Best part is the sellers of the Urbanfun claimed they upped the price to "ensure better QC", but the later batches still had wonky MMCX and some even had different drivers ("noble metal" drivers versus the original beryllium drivers).
Lol their flagship is still available?! TRN got a joking sense when it comes to pricing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back