The discovery thread!
Jun 29, 2021 at 1:48 AM Post #57,361 of 102,445
@cappuchino no problem with aftermarket tips for me! (using spinfit cp100 S size which push the IEM a little bit further like @mndless mentioned, btw I will tell them something about a more compact IEM too I guess :sweat_smile: and just ordered some cables for them too).

@Ace Bee & @NinjaGirayaZ

I think the sound has changed a little after like 20 hours of burnin (only a little bit)

- The bass seems to be awakened a little bit but not much, it definitely has some bass, but just enough to not be a neutal type of bass, ok… probably a lot more than that but I wouldn’t say THAT bass heavy (I do tolerate a lot of bass and treble so it might not be that much for me but if you’re looking for neutral the GT8 is not it!). A really precise and clear bass, you can definitely feel some nice punch.

- The timbre goes more to the thin side but it’s hard to say this since I don’t have another 8 BA to compare. At least compared to a DD it’s thin lol. Also I would say that they do feel analytical but the bass gives them a warmer tone, it’s a nice mix and I really like that, so not completely cold signature because of the bass.

- I would say the soundstage is quite huge and the imaging has some crazy precision and accuracy. I wouldn't use any other IEM for shooter games (over my gaming headset) but this one I might, I mean not really but it would the best one for that lol.

- In general it’s more on the laid-back and open side because of the big soundstage but the vocals do sound more forward than everything else, still it doesn’t give me the personal or closed feeling at all.

- My only problem is still with some sibilance and maybe some shouty notes here and there, I love the sparkly treble but shouty notes are a huge turn off for me so I hope that changes with a dongle, trying other cables and more burnin.

I hope this is my final "big" buy for some time, but if their EST IEMs are nice…. :eyes:

Jun 29, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #57,362 of 102,445
@cappuchino no problem with aftermarket tips for me! (using spinfit cp100 S size which push the IEM a little bit further like @mndless mentioned, btw I will tell them something about a more compact IEM too I guess :sweat_smile: and just ordered some cables for them too).

@Ace Bee & @NinjaGirayaZ

I think the sound has changed a little after like 20 hours of burnin (only a little bit)

- The bass seems to be awakened a little bit but not much, it definitely has some bass, but just enough to not be a neutal type of bass, ok… probably a lot more than that but I wouldn’t say THAT bass heavy (I do tolerate a lot of bass and treble so it might not be that much for me but if you’re looking for neutral the GT8 is not it!). A really precise and clear bass, you can definitely feel some nice punch.

- The timbre goes more to the thin side but it’s hard to say this since I don’t have another 8 BA to compare. At least compared to a DD it’s thin lol. Also I would say that they do feel analytical but the bass gives them a warmer tone, it’s a nice mix and I really like that, so not completely cold signature because of the bass.

- I would say the soundstage is quite huge and the imaging has some crazy precision and accuracy. I wouldn't use any other IEM for shooter games (over my gaming headset) but this one I might, I mean not really but it would the best one for that lol.

- In general it’s more on the laid-back and open side because of the big soundstage but the vocals do sound more forward than everything else, still it doesn’t give me the personal or closed feeling at all.

- My only problem is still with some sibilance and maybe some shouty notes here and there, I love the sparkly treble but shouty notes are a huge turn off for me so I hope that changes with a dongle, trying other cables and more burnin.

I hope this is my final "big" buy for some time, but if their EST IEMs are nice…. :eyes:
As long as their graph doesn't indicate some serious tuning crimes, I'll be buying their tribrid, so you can wait for my impressions if you want.

Jun 29, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #57,363 of 102,445

@Ace Bee & @NinjaGirayaZ

That was a very nice detailed impression. Thank you for that. I may buy the ST8B. Let's see when I can gather the amount...absolutely cash-strapped now after getting the TSMR LAND.

Jun 29, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #57,364 of 102,445
In today's review we take a close look at the Tanchjim Darling. Review by @Aerosphere
https://www.headfonia.com/tanchjim-darling-review/
tanchjim-darling-review-6.jpg

Jun 29, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #57,365 of 102,445
That was a very nice detailed impression. Thank you for that. I may buy the ST8B. Let's see when I can gather the amount...absolutely cash-strapped now after getting the TSMR LAND.
I was seriously considering the Tansio Mirai Land, because they're a comparative bargain for an EST equipped tribrid, but I managed to find graphs for them and, well, they're well tuned but not to my preferences, even with the switches. Just a teeny bit too much treble gain for me to get my money's worth of enjoyment out of them.

2021-06-29 04_18_58-GS Audio GD7B 6BA+1 Dynamic Driver Hybrid 0.78 HiFi Audiophile IEM_Earphon...png

Jun 29, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #57,366 of 102,445
I made a thread for GS Audio, if anyone wants to post their reviews or whatever over there:
GS Audio
I also posted my review of the GD8B, if you're interested.

Jun 29, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #57,367 of 102,445
I was seriously considering the Tansio Mirai Land, because they're a comparative bargain for an EST equipped tribrid, but I managed to find graphs for them and, well, they're well tuned but not to my preferences, even with the switches. Just a teeny bit too much treble gain for me to get my money's worth of enjoyment out of them.

2021-06-29 04_18_58-GS Audio GD7B 6BA+1 Dynamic Driver Hybrid 0.78 HiFi Audiophile IEM_Earphon...png
I don't disagree, the trebles have emphasis here. But as Dsnuts told, that the treble settles diwn after about 200 hours, so I am letting them play. I love airy sound signature, and LAND provides that with its brilliant treble sparkle. They are not piercing, but sharp, yes. So far I am able to enjoy them, let's see if the treble settles down more. Till now it has gone through about 10 hours of playtime. Much more to go.

Jun 29, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #57,370 of 102,445
Did you ever end up finding any info on these?
Sadly I couldn't find anything much apart from tons of positive reviews on Amazon.jp Jpride is a beginner audiophile brand in Japan which prices of their IEMs usually hovering under ¥30000 and they have V-shaped signature. Don't know how much will it help you but I hope it does.

Jun 29, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #57,371 of 102,445
Hiby Crystal 4

5_4d04d884-47e1-43c4-af7e-30daaf7ffdb5_800x.jpg

pf-4567e7bc--2.jpg

Seen no presence of them here. Any idea how are they, and how was the Crystal 6? Worth trying? I'm itching to get a full BA iem...but should I go for GS Audio ST8B, or this, or Oriveti O400...man I am confused.
Or should I just get another DD+BA hybrid, the Rose Technics QT9 Mk.2? I do not have a good DD+BA hybrid in rotation now, only a DD+Magnetostatic that I'm using daily. Damn...the confusion...

Jun 29, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #57,372 of 102,445
1624993294892.png

Its their first iem and its a planar at 640 usd.....well...good luck, they are going to need it.

Jun 29, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #57,373 of 102,445
Hiby Crystal 4

5_4d04d884-47e1-43c4-af7e-30daaf7ffdb5_800x.jpg

pf-4567e7bc--2.jpg

Seen no presence of them here. Any idea how are they, and how was the Crystal 6? Worth trying? I'm itching to get a full BA iem...but should I go for GS Audio ST8B, or this, or Oriveti O400...man I am confused.
Or should I just get another DD+BA hybrid, the Rose Technics QT9 Mk.2? I do not have a good DD+BA hybrid in rotation now, only a DD+Magnetostatic that I'm using daily. Damn...the confusion...
The QT-9 is great, but maybe would be a bit redundant with your Land?

Jun 29, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #57,374 of 102,445
I started to lie to my gf. Every IEM has a special price for me and for her (40%<actual price)... Because she doesn't understand why I keep buying even though I have many. 😅

1624993294892.png

Its their first iem and its a planar at 640 usd.....well...good luck, they are going to need it.

If the name was Deathray Tender I, I would be more willing to buy

Jun 29, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #57,375 of 102,445
If the name was Deathray Tender I, I would be more willing to buy
You reminded me of The Garin Death Ray...one hell of a novel that was. Can't remember how many times I read that in my childhood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back