The discovery thread!
Jun 30, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #57,391 of 104,208
DSC08246.JPG
Loftys look premium. Seems NiceHCK been taking their time with this one.

Out of the box they sound a bit muffled hence beryllium drivers. Coated or not need burn in so off to get some drum n bass going on will revisit a few hours after the drivers gets some work out. I am impressed by the original design here though and I can tell they threw on a nice cable on these. Will be back with some more thoughts.
Which cable is NiceHCK using on this one?

Jun 30, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #57,392 of 104,208
Jun 30, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #57,393 of 104,208
1625058036352.png
Actually it was made just for the Lofty a 6N OCC. I dont know if they sell it separately. A higher end copper cable. I was gonna take it to work with me today but decided to just let it loosen up. It has my best bassiest tracks taxing them drivers all night and day. Should be interesting to hear when I get home.

I expect the sound to open up. Tonality should be different. We will see.
1625058165098.png

Supposedly 1.8Tesla rated dual magnets. If these turn out to be the real thing. NiceHCK might be onto something here.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #57,394 of 104,208
Sennheiser & FisherAmp just release a CIEM: fa 500 (7mm DD with low distorsion)

https://www.fischer-amps.de/fa500en.html

Technical Data​

• Frequency Response: 6 – 20,000 Hz
  • SPL: 126 dB (1 kHz / 1 Vrms)
  • THD: < 0.08 % (1 kHz, 94 dB)
  • Attenuation: up to 26 dB
  • Impedance: 16 Ohms
  • Transducer Technology: TrueResponse® technology (7 mm wideband transducer)
  • Trandsucer principle: dynamic
  • Cable length: 1.3 m
  • Connection cable: 3.5 mm jack plug, detachable
  • County of origin: Made in Germany

FA_500_Product_Shot_Cutout_Explosion_View_web-907331e9.jpg

No price yet!

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #57,398 of 104,208
This is Bling Done Right!

Screenshot_20210628-125114_Gallery.jpg

First set of IEMs from a new brand,

The brand is CCZ.
The model: Plume.
A hybrid with a DD and 4BA drivers.

I will post more details as I get them.
Looks nice but that brand name.....we got CCA, CVJ and now CCZ?

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #57,399 of 104,208
Looks nice but that brand name.....we got CCA, CVJ and now CCZ?
I know, imaginative???

Having said that, if their imagination is concentrated on the three Qs (qualities) Sound Quality, Build Quality and Quality of Tuning (a different sort of Q, I know) I can live with their lack of imagination when it comes to the name.

Keeping fingers crossed for all three Qs!

Jun 30, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #57,401 of 104,208
Well, it looks like today is NiceHCK day.

I got the Lofty and the HB2.

From the Lofty, I was expecting a different tuning, with a more linear sub-bass and not the classic "mid-bass enhanced". I also expected the treble to be a bit more present. In the end, it's a tuning that I could call "inoffensive". Now, it just needs to do its job well. I understand that the hardness of the Beryllium driver requires a long burning... Just out of the box, my sensation is lukewarm... Although I'm testing with simple sources... you know, as you test one thing, you test the other... So I'm not being fair with my initial impressions of them.

2021-06-30_170833.png2021-06-30_170949.png

What is clear is the FRs. And I was expecting it to be more like the NF Audio NM2+. Fortunately, it's not. Diversity is the spice of life.

NiceHCK Lofty.png
NiceHCK Lofty vs Tin HiFi T1 Plus.png
NiceHCK Lofty vs Hidizs MS2.png
NiceHCK Lofty vs NF Audio NM2+.png

What I have to admit that surprised me for the better is the HB2. I had never tried this type of Bluetooth adapter before. A priori, I expected more power, autonomy and the latest codecs. I also expected it to be more uncomfortable. And, in fact, they do have more power, I get a fairly high volume level (although a little more would have been great).
In terms of autonomy I can't say anything, because I've only tried 3 IEMS, two songs with each one. As for Codecs, many available with my HiBy R3 Pro, including LDAC high quality and aptX, of course.
The sound level is very good, the first impression is very pleasant, I can't say that qualitatively it's great, because I couldn't get more than a feeling of surprise, after switching between several IEMS. All these considerations will come in due course.
I have to say that I have never tried a product like this before and it is possible that others will do well. But I liked the fact that it has 3 pairs of connectors to cover many types of IEMS and its surprising convenience, something I was not expecting. I thought it was going to be more annoying and it's not.
Let's give it a try!

2021-06-30_183629.png

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #57,402 of 104,208
I wasn't blown away by the Lofty out of the box, infact they had a muffled sound out of the box. I know it is not anywhere close to what they are supposed to sound like but I did hear some potential. I know better to not judge a beryllium dynamic earphone out of the box so we will see what happens to them. I am looking foward to hearing them after a good spanking I did on the drivers.

I use a circa early 90s drum n bass album I got a long time ago 3 hours of thunderous bass and fast drums on a loop. This album is my choice for drynamic beat downs and it has never failed me to loosen up stiff drivers. We will see where this goes.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #57,404 of 104,208
OK. So now we are talking. My overnight and all day of the driver beat down on the Loftys has paid off. Tonality is much better. I can tell these have more to go before I call it 100% but sound today is much better than what I heard out of the box.

And I do believe I am hearing a pure beryllium driver. There is a certain atmosphere with pure beryllium and is evident on the Loftys.

Oh yea sound has definitely opened up. Stage is much more expansive vs what I heard last night. I no longer hear anything being muffled in the sound. Vocals are sounding superb. Very nice timbre, balancing is excellent.

Well call me surprised. Lol. These are sounding nice.

Oh wait. One area these need to open up a bit is the treble. Back on the burn.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #57,405 of 104,208
OK. So now we are talking. My overnight and all day of the driver beat down on the Loftys has paid off. Tonality is much better. I can tell these have more to go before I call it 100% but sound today is much better than what I heard out of the box.

And I do believe I am hearing a pure beryllium driver. There is a certain atmosphere with pure beryllium and is evident on the Loftys.

Oh yea sound has definitely opened up. Stage is much more expansive vs what I heard last night. I no longer hear anything being muffled in the sound. Vocals are sounding superb. Very nice timbre, balancing is excellent.

Well call me surprised. Lol. These are sounding nice.

Oh wait. One area these need to open up a bit is the treble. Back on the burn.
Comparison vs the FD5 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back