The discovery thread!
Jun 27, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #57,301 of 102,440
The graph for the SD5 (223 USD, 1DD + 4BA ) looks pretty interesting:
1624831174060.png

No scale on the graph but the shape looks similar to that of the DUNU SA6 or qdc Anole VX.

The ST4 and ST5 are probably related to the Fearless S4 and S5H, respectively.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #57,302 of 102,440
The graph for the SD5 (223 USD, 1DD + 4BA ) looks pretty interesting:
1624831174060.png
No scale on the graph but the shape looks similar to that of the DUNU SA6 or qdc Anole VX.

The ST4 and ST5 are probably related to the Fearless S4 and S5H, respectively.
wow they do look similar...

graph (60).png

ST4:
1624831900938.png

graph (61).png

ST5:
1624831956704.png

Jun 27, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #57,304 of 102,440
Jun 27, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #57,306 of 102,440
Not sure how I feel about these GS products.
Are they genuine innovation or just a rip off of another company's R&D?
Like many I'm after the best bang for buck and am tempted by these models and prices.

Jun 27, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #57,307 of 102,440
Not sure how I feel about these GS products.
Are they genuine innovation or just a rip off of another company's R&D?
Like many I'm after the best bang for buck and am tempted by these models and prices.
GS Audio was originally an OEM for other brands. They just decided to branch out and begin offering their own IEMs at very reasonably pricing.

Jun 28, 2021 at 2:07 AM Post #57,310 of 102,440
I feel that the GS Audio stuff could work wonderfully with the FiiO LC-BT2, since they're so sensitive and such low impedance IEMs that it should be able to drive them quite nicely.
For now I just bought a cheap dongle from Andy’s dongle madness post because I’m poor after the GT8 and some other stuff :sweat_smile:

Jun 28, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #57,312 of 102,440
Still burning in the GT7B from GS Audio, and their bass response is growing better and better as time goes on. I'll make a proper thread for it and post a more thorough review once they've got a few dozen hours on them.

Brief impressions: details, details, details. These things are incredibly resolving, particularly in the upper mids and treble. I'm guessing it'll improve in the mids and bass as those drivers loosen up a bit. The soundstage is a bit wider than on the TRI Starseas and CCA CKX and the timbre in the mids and highs are on par with the Starseas, if not better. These things certainly aren't bass monsters, at least not yet. I'll make sure to repost if that changes in the future.

Finally, these things are stupidly easy to drive. You can power them from just about anything and not be terribly disappointed. They are also incredibly comfortable in my ears despite my misgivings about the winged shell design. They also isolate extremely well.

I ordered mine with the shell design from the SD3 because I love the purple on purple theme. Side note, these use a recessed 2-pin connector, so you may want to request a shell modification to a flush 2-pin if you want to easily use them with Bluetooth adapters. Despite that, these things are absolute stunners!

Edit: if you get a set from GS Audio with a DD in it, consider burn-in to be compulsory. These drivers a very fresh and still a bit too stiff. Make sure to give them a thorough running in before making your final assessment. Even with only a few hours of active burn-in, they've loosened up noticeably and the bass response is filling in well.
On god the isolation with the GT8 + spinfit cp100 is extreme, it cancels so much outside noise

Also since the inside of my ears is kind of small, the winged shell starts hurting so much after a while but can't stop listening to them.

gt8-2.jpg

The cable it came with has some yellow staint, maybe some oxidation?

gt8-5.jpg

The red and black looks really nice

gt8-7.jpg

And it's really easy to see through them!

*Edit: Sorry, no other 8 BA IEM to compare to :upside_down:

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #57,315 of 102,440

It's just an oval shaped ritz crackers cookie dude!

The body is not that short tho!
Yeah, was referring to the nozzle length particularly. Aftermarket tips don't get left in your ears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back