The discovery thread!
Jun 28, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #57,316 of 104,203
On god the isolation with the GT8 + spinfit cp100 is extreme, it cancels so much outside noise

Also since the inside of my ears is kind of small, the winged shell starts hurting so much after a while but can't stop listening to them.

The cable it came with has some yellow staint, maybe some oxidation?

The red and black looks really nice

And it's really easy to see through them!

*Edit: Sorry, no other 8 BA IEM to compare to :upside_down:
They look so amazing. Sorry to hear they aren't comfortable for you. You may need to get some really long eartips to push the IEM a bit further out of your ears for comfort. I did make a recommendation for them to consider making a really compact IEM, but maybe another suggestion might help. It would likely be an all-BA affair so they don't need to retune the enclosure size for the DD rear-port tuning.

Also, something rather curious, even their actual hybrids with the dynamic drivers aren't externally ported. The DD they're using is practically sealed, so they just let it port into the enclosure and it, well, it just works... But holy crap do I agree about the isolation. Start playing anything at a reasonable volume and absolutely everything around you seems to disappear into the void. It's so crazy compared to even the CKX that has little pinhole ports.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #57,317 of 104,203
Yeah, was referring to the nozzle length particularly. Aftermarket tips don't get left in your ears?
I had a problem with mine ditching the eartips in my ears, but it's more a polished resin nozzle issue rather than it being too short. I ended up wrapping a bit of fabric tape (the kind intended for wiring looms) around the nozzle to improve the grip for my Monster Audio Supertip Gels. I'm absolutely loving my GD7B experience, so I'm incredibly likely to order more from GS audio.

Jun 28, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #57,318 of 104,203
For now I just bought a cheap dongle from Andy’s dongle madness post because I’m poor after the GT8 and some other stuff :sweat_smile:
Regardless how cheap, it'll probably drive them to uncomfortable volumes. These GS Audio low impedance IEMs are just so easy to drive it boggles the mind. They do like a good source and high output voltage, though, so there's still plenty of room for improvement. I expect they're also sensitive to cables too, but I don't have any to hand that'll work with the inset 2-pin connector. I'll definitely get my next set with a request for a flush 2-pin.

Jun 28, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #57,320 of 104,203
Jun 28, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #57,321 of 104,203
Anyone seen any graphs for the new Mangird EST set? I'm considering it against the Clairvoyance, so graphs would be super helpful.

Jun 28, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #57,322 of 104,203
On god the isolation with the GT8 + spinfit cp100 is extreme, it cancels so much outside noise

Also since the inside of my ears is kind of small, the winged shell starts hurting so much after a while but can't stop listening to them.

gt8-2.jpg

The cable it came with has some yellow staint, maybe some oxidation?

gt8-5.jpg

The red and black looks really nice

gt8-7.jpg

And it's really easy to see through them!

*Edit: Sorry, no other 8 BA IEM to compare to :upside_down:
How is the sound? Comparison may wait.

Jun 28, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #57,323 of 104,203
Guys, I think I discovered something epic
graph (57).png

1624823891098.png
Looks quite similar
and there is already claims on GS Audio being the OEM for Fearless
Both have the same driver count, might have the same sonion BAs as well. Only a different DD and a different knowles BA

1624823952410.png
1624823973357.png
Price difference is ridiculous if this is true....
Also the cables they give look similar except the chin slider and connection pins.
20210628_092735.jpg

Jun 28, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #57,325 of 104,203
Is this a new product for them? Good price point to compete with the TRI Starsea if they're tuned well. Not quite as pretty, in my opinion, but that's always a highly subjective thing.

Only got released today.

Anyone seen any graphs for the new Mangird EST set? I'm considering it against the Clairvoyance, so graphs would be super helpful.

Nothing yet as far as I am aware. I am waiting on a graph as well.

Jun 28, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #57,327 of 104,203
Tri has IEMs with gold elements on the faceplate? Which one?
Found a review of the Skuld!

The Starlight has shredded carbon fiber with gold flecks throughout. It looks stunning because of the contrast and the fact that it is organic in it's distribution. The Skuld has the gold painted on, which looks a bit... ...crude. especially at that price point.

Jun 28, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #57,328 of 104,203
How are the lower-priced offerings from GS Audio, like maybe the GD3B or the GT2/GD2? I'm keen on getting one of those.

What's up with their naming convention btw?
G refers to the cheaper product line, while S is their premium line. D means it's got a dynamic driver, and T means it's an all-BA unit. The number refers to the number of drivers and the letter following that refers to the revision. So SD3 is a hybrid from their premium line with three drivers in a 1DD+2BA config. GT12 is a cheaper product line entry with 12 BAs. Unfortunately I haven't seen any reviews of their cheaper low driver count stuff just yet. I do have a GD3A in my cart because the graph looks quite fun. When they drop their EST listings, I'll pick it up at the same time.

Jun 28, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #57,329 of 104,203
G refers to the cheaper product line, while S is their premium line. D means it's got a dynamic driver, and T means it's an all-BA unit. The number refers to the number of drivers and the letter following that refers to the revision. So SD3 is a hybrid from their premium line with three drivers in a 1DD+2BA config. GT12 is a cheaper product line entry with 12 BAs. Unfortunately I haven't seen any reviews of their cheaper low driver count stuff just yet. I do have a GD3A in my cart because the graph looks quite fun. When they drop their EST listings, I'll pick it up at the same time.
Thanks for the clarification, useful info. Looking forward to read more impressions about their lower priced offerings, if any.

Jun 28, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #57,330 of 104,203
Thanks for the clarification, useful info. Looking forward to read more impressions about their lower priced offerings, if any.
I think RikudouGoku ordered one of them and maybe TheVortex did too. Just a matter of time until their units arrive and they burn them in for review. Do note that initial impressions of their hybrid models can be incredibly misleading, as their DD need at least a dozen hours burn-in to really loosen up properly. That's been my experience with the GD7B. Really sounds great after that, though. I expect the GD3A and GD3B will be a bit less easy to drive since they're less sensitive and also higher impedance. My guess is that they're using higher impedance BA drivers or they've wired the drivers in series instead of parallel. Still well within accessibility since they're still less than 30ohm and over 105db sensitivity, so they still won't be challenging to power to uncomfortable volumes. The higher impedance will also help a tiny bit with sources that have more noise, so there's that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back