The discovery thread!
Jun 5, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #56,896 of 102,440
Discovering KZ and CCA budget kings!
KZ DQ6, CCA CSN, KZ EDN (2).jpg
Attention to all those that love the KZ and CCA branded IEM's for their inexpensive price. Right now, there are 3 game changing IEM's that will fit right in as some of the best budget earphones that money can buy at this very moment. I'm talking about the KZ DQ6, CCA CSN, and the KZ EDX. Though, their success comes with a little tweak to bring out the best in all three with just a little extra money to spare. It will definitely compete in the upscale of more expensive IEM's, IMHO! And, it's no joke when I say that some KZ or CCA lovers might even find them as an "end-game" to their budget collection for quite sometime. So, let's see what makes them so special...!
KZ EDX, CCA CSN, KZ DQ6 (2).jpg
NOTE: Refer to "my recommendation" if you want to get the best out of all three IEM's!

KZ DQ6:
It's to no surprise that the DQ6 are turning heads lately with its 3 dynamic drivers per side giving you the best a DD has to offer in the budget world today. They offer incredible and almost flawless sub-bass and very clear and clean midrange and treble. One would think there's a BA armature hidden somewhere in the housing, but that's not the case when there's actually a nicely added cross-over to feed the 3 drivers, which in-turn brings out that perfect harmony!
DQ6 recommendation:
It's okay to keep the DQ6 silver cables that come in the package, they play very well with them! But, I would advise everyone that decides to get the DQ6 to swap the ear tips for better aftermarket ones. The ones that come in the package are cheap and doesn't do them any justice at all.

CCA CSN:
Surprise, surprise! CCA got it right with their own new budget king! For those that needs a serious gaming IEM, these will be the ones! Almost identical looking, but slightly bigger than the DQ6, they have almost identical sounding sub-bass, but with just ever so slightly deeper sub-sonic audible sound to them. The midrange is just a dab smoother while the treble has slightly better technicality when comparing to the DQ6. But, both are extremely good! It's all about a matter of preference.
CSN recommendation:
It's also okay to keep the CSN silver cables that come in the package, they play well with this unit, too! But, I would also advise everyone to swap the ear tips for better aftermarket ones. The ones that come in the package are eerily similar and cheap as the ones that come with the DQ6. Just change them!

KZ EDX:
The EDX are the cheapest budget earphones out of the three, but don't count them out, yet! These will do an about face if you follow my recommendation on these! Warning! With the copper cables that come with these, you will not get no justice at all! You will just get a shouty and splashy signature response! So, I highly recommend you change them for silver or complete silver-plated cables! While listening through your own preferred silver cables you'll get a beautifully balanced signature with excellent lower sub-bass/bass, clean and clear midrange and nicely extended treble. All three IEM's are very competitive and will just be a matter of preference.
EDX recommendation:
Keep the star-line ear tips that come with the EDX! They are very comfortable and benefits small, medium, and large ears as well. The ear tips are definitely keepers! But, don't count the EDX out until you replace the copper cables for silver or silver-plated cables instead! The silver cables matched with the EDX will give you the world!

Note:
My research was done with many hours of playtime on all three. So, if you follow "my recommendation", you might just turn out one of the three as a personal budget king of your own!

Hope this will benefit anyone owning either of the three IEM's stated above specifically for sound impression alone, but not necessarily for most expensively made.

-Clear
So quick question qkvk4 vs cca csn in bass + soundstage which one would win ?

Jun 5, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #56,897 of 102,440
The GD3A and the GD11.
Did you get yours? I am very close to place order for ST8B...would have liked to know if it would be wise to make that investment.

Jun 5, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #56,898 of 102,440
Did you get yours? I am very close to place order for ST8B...would have liked to know if it would be wise to make that investment.
They are still making mine, looks like they dont have anything in stock so all units are order made.

Jun 5, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #56,899 of 102,440
My Xinhs cable order from Ali arrived in record time. Unbelievable. Glad.
Anyhow, wm1a + EE ESR2 + Xinhs cable (8 single core copper/gold) is a divine combo. Had to throw a Penon Totem adapter in the chain, too.
Beautiful cable. I’m especially impressed by the 0.78 pins. They are sized precisely. Slide into EE iem terminals comfortably, with the last few millimeters insertion having that ideal, extra snug tension/connection at the end. Welcome contrast to Penon cable pins.
Great recommendation @RikudouGoku!

Jun 5, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #56,900 of 102,440
So quick question qkvk4 vs cca csn in bass + soundstage which one would win ?
I don't have the qkvk4, so I don't have a say which one would be the better choice. But, I can say that there's no doubt that the CSN has excellent bass and soundstage for the very low asking price and could have been easily sold for twice the price, IMHO.

Jun 5, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #56,901 of 102,440
So, almost a week with this tiny jewels, opinion: truly worth the price, sub bass has a nice rumble, impact is amazing, 8mm can go a long way, imo they need fairly open tips, the a07 bundled are good but i have this sony ones (EX something... i found em in amazon japan like 2 years ago or so) mid range is good, not a W signature definitely but still it has nice texture and its not shy in the details, highs are good, i can never go into detail since tbh I’m a bit treble sensitive.

One thing that i find astonishing is its separation qualities, its something quite different from everything, they are as well the most source sensitive pair i own, the difference in between sources is way too noticeable, i thought the acoustune 1670ss were the only pair like this, bundled cable is good, nothing to go crazy about, i love that they paired the cable with the iems, that’s a good aesthetic detail. Soundstage is not so big, it reminds me a lot to tin hifi p1, it feels like a small venue, but all the instruments are properly placed, again, separation its in another league in this pair.

All in all, its a good all rounder, for the price i find it to be a great pair, burn in is absolutely required, my first hours with em i was a bit disappointed, I’ve been dancing between this ones, Thor mjolnir, my modded imr r1z and isn d10, of em all i find this ones to excel in fit and they do cover my sub bass needs, rumble is amazing for such a little ear piece, but then again, we went from 16mm ex1k, to 6mm CNT with almost the same capabilities.

Now I’m torn, I’m looking for a last purhcase for the year.... (yeah, right...) I’m torn in between shozy black hole mini (wood) cause i own a pair of grado rs1e and i do have an admiration for what wood can do, i wish for a large DD with wooden cavity, imr elan cause I’m a fan and i haven’t tried bone conduction yet... it doesnt ring with me tbh, I’m addicted to feel the air passing through, sony ex1k its my favorite headphone cause of that, you can tell there’s this massive thing pushing air like there’s no tomorrow. AND the other one is dunu Zen, again... massive DD, i own fiio fd5 and that could be one of the last iems i would buy, its a personal favorite, I’ve been using it with the narrower nozzles, final e converter and either spiral dots with a bit of memory foam in the back of the cavity for keeping some bass, or cp100’s for even larger than life soundstage, pushing up the bass makes that thing pure in ear violence... I’m selling a couple of iems in Mexico City if any one is reading from there, time to thin the herd

1622916793436.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #56,902 of 102,440
Yesterday I thought I was slick and "discovered" the new Sabbat E16 true wireless used the magnetostat driver like the Tape and BGVP Zero with some detective work searching pics and Chinese sites. Should have looked down more in the Amazon listing and seen this earlier...
1622919525392.png

So, if you like the Tape and a true wireless version with a bit more bass and impact down low(from the few impressions) but still the detail and good extension this may be of interest for $99. Seems like a winner with a bit more consumer friendly tuning and a better more Ergo shape.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094FG2JJH/ref=twister_B094FHNNQR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #56,903 of 102,440
Jun 5, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #56,904 of 102,440
Anyone know if any HiFi companies have plans to improve their iem bluetooth neckbands or release any new ones to the market? I'm enjoying my FiiO LC-BT2, but I wish it had a better noise floor and more potent amplification. UAT support would also be nice, but is not a requirement.

Jun 6, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #56,906 of 102,440
It's still on the making, hope they send it in 2 or 3 days so it arrives in 3 weeks from today, can't wait to listen to it! It seems they can put your custom logo for $30 bucks too!
I may have to hop on a chat with them and see if they can use one of the other she'll designs that has the same shape and internal volume. I love the aesthetic of the ST3, but I'm not a particular fan of what the graph looks like for it, so I wonder if I can get them to use it's resin and faceplate for one of the other builds. I guess it's worth asking, anyway. Probably would be a surcharge, but could be worth it.

Jun 6, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #56,907 of 102,440
Hey, guys!

Just posted the reviews of the following:

a. TRN TA1 (3.5/5) - recommended as a collectible (JP-variant). SQ-wise, while unique, is nothing exceptional. Except for the build - it's impossibly superb considering the ~25 USD price on certain platforms.

b. Lypertek Bevi 2 (3/5) - form factor and neutral-to-midcentric tuning are the only good things about it. Not worth it for 80 USD. Sub-30 IEMs are way better than.

c. Meze Audio 12 Classics V2 (4.5/5) - exquisite build with a well-done V tuning. Remarkable technical capabilities for the price especially considering that it's a single-DD. Biggest downside is that it has nondetachable cables and the titanium-coated DD timbre (it's possible to get used to it). A trip to your local modder for an MMCX mod is very worth-it.

If you have the time to read them, I would greatly appreciate it especially if there's anything I can improve on.

Stay safe everyone!

-cappuchino

P.S.

The iBasso IT01x review will be delayed as I'm waiting for the Sennheiser IE 400 Pro (should arrive within three days). I've seen the graph in which the IT01x looks like it's a damping filter away from being essentially the "same" and so I am curious how far (or close) it will be from the Sennheiser.

P.P.S

These took way too long to start writing and release because I was preoccupied with Final exams.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #56,910 of 102,440

Users who are viewing this thread

Back