The discovery thread!
Jan 18, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #54,061 of 101,248
Just a few more words on the MT300. Possibly some brain burn-in or possibly a little early break-in, the highs are smoothing out on the MT300. I have a great fondness for the TRi i3, with it's Planar, DD and BA setup, and now I'm liking this Elecrostat/Electret, DD, BA as much. Whereas the TRi has a slight emphasis on the bass, the MT300 has a very sweet midrange and treble. How could any IEM package be as good value as the MT300? It's one that everybody will like. Vocal timbre, such as Passenger, 'Rolling Stone', Johnny Cash, 'She Used to Love me a Lot', Leonard Cohen, 'You Want it Darker', Asaf Avida, 'Poor Boy/Lucky Man, is very nice. Even the highs of Sibelius Concerto For Violin, Philharmonia/Adrian Justus, sound fatigue free and realistic. No wonder this has been so highly recommended. Thanks guys....this is a goodun.

Edit

'Ear To There' Rajat Dholakia (Rhydhun album)
On the MT300 you can hear the leather of the drumskins. Very detailed bass. Worth a listen if you have Amazon HD or Tidal.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #54,062 of 101,248
I'm thinking of getting the Magaosi DQ4, Magaosi MGS-401, Penon Fan, and iBassoIT00 all for $486 in total with an upgraded penon cable thrown in. Is this a good deal?

Dont know one person that got all them earphones. Only pearson that can answer that is you if you end up buying all that. A lot of folks buy stuff based on reviews and sound descriptions. I would advise you see reviews of those and see if they are something you will be interested in and go from there.

You have to also figure out what type of sound your looking for. Everyone has a type of sound they like. If the sound despriptions on those IEMs matches your preference than they might be worth getting.

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #54,063 of 101,248
My take on the Shuoer Tape Pro:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shuoer-tape-pro.24822/reviews#item-review-25149
20210118_152806.jpg

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #54,064 of 101,248
I'm thinking of getting the Magaosi DQ4, Magaosi MGS-401, Penon Fan, and iBassoIT00 all for $486 in total with an upgraded penon cable thrown in. Is this a good deal?
I recommend taking your time to carefully choose the next IEM after the Penon Fan. You might as well get that one at the introductory price. Your list seems like it will end up being a lot of IEMs you don’t listen to.

For my money, I‘d probably get the Penon Fan, then seriously consider the LZ A7. You could also throw in the BLON BL03 or KZ ZS10 Pro for a budget bassy option,

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #54,065 of 101,248
I recommend taking your time to carefully choose the next IEM after the Penon Fan. You might as well get that one at the introductory price. Your list seems like it will end up being a lot of IEMs you don’t listen to.

For my money, I‘d probably get the Penon Fan, then seriously consider the LZ A7. You could also throw in the BLON BL03 or KZ ZS10 Pro for a budget bassy option,
How much better is the L7 than the L6? L6 is currently on sale

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #54,066 of 101,248
How much better is the L7 than the L6? L6 is currently on sale
They are on the same level. A7 is much more natural while the A6 is more unique.

But there are a lot of moisture issue reports with the A6, so it is hard to recommend it.

Jan 18, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #54,068 of 101,248
So, seeing with some earbuds, the use of Tungsten coated drivers. Anyone seen that in an in-ear model. Interesting. Perhaps something they deem better for earbuds maybe due to warmth and bass?? Just odd. AT ADX5000 uses it too but it is also open. Could be just coincidence.

I’m curious about this myself

Jan 18, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #54,069 of 101,248
With 12 posts on HeadFI, I think no. You need to do more research on what earphone sound you like. I suggest buying a bunch of low budget earphones from your country when on sale, if possible, figure out what you like about those or don't, come back and tell us what your preferences are and ask us what you should buy... and read some reviews after that too. Then, Buy, buy, buy.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #54,070 of 101,248
With 12 posts on HeadFI, I think no. You need to do more research on what earphone sound you like. I suggest buying a bunch of low budget earphones from your country when on sale, if possible, figure out what you like about those or don't, come back and tell us what your preferences are and ask us what you should buy... and review more reviews after that too.
So it's not possible to appreciate sound quality when new to a forum? I already own the Sundaras and Fidelio x2hr with a Schiit Fulla 3. I just want an iem of similar quality

Jan 18, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #54,071 of 101,248
I've had the HiBy R5 a while....a great IEM. My Samsung S9 plus phone will need a sound partner if we ever can leave our houses again, so I got the iFi hip-dac to improve the sound and partner with the S9 plus. Great decision because the hip-dac sounds even better than my HiBy R5. Great bit of kit and I use it all the time....great way to enhance sound quality.

Thanks a ton for your feedback and enjoy :beerchug:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jan 18, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #54,072 of 101,248
My MT300 has arrived today, only took 18 days from the day I ordered it! JVC Spiral Dots arrived a few days ago also 🙂
Welcome aboard to the MT300 train lol. How are you liking 'em so far?

Jan 18, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #54,073 of 101,248
The Open Heart is less bassy then the TD06. Who does not like the exaggareted bass of the TD06, the Open Heart is a good choice.

Good thing I got the Open Heart, because I found it to be right at the edge of almost too bassy! Surprisingly well rounded overall, very comfortable fit for my ears, and impressive isolation.

Jan 19, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #54,074 of 101,248
After a little over 48 hours of burn in, the bass driver on the KZ DQ6 has started to be more pliable and punchy. it's still not the most resolving, but it does dig deep when called for, and is very balanced with the rest of the frequencies. Not the fastest bass either, so instrument separation can get a bit fuzzy with the fastest tracks, but the highs are the star though. Very extended, with excellent timbre. Think MT300 extension, but with dynamic driver timbre and shimmer. Mids are in line with the bass and treble, and have nice weight and bite, and the stage width is above average. Height is average with a 2D image. Still not a giant killer, but for someone who wants really good dynamic sound on an extreme budget, this would be an easy recc.

Pros : Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Pop, Hip Hop and R&B/Reggae.

Cons : Extreme Metal. Progressive Metal. Punk.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #54,075 of 101,248
After a little over 48 hours of burn in, the bass driver on the KZ DQ6 has started to be more pliable and punchy. it's still not the most resolving, but it does dig deep when called for, and is very balanced with the rest of the frequencies. Not the fastest bass either, so instrument separation can get a bit fuzzy with the fastest tracks, but the highs are the star though. Very extended, with excellent timbre. Think MT300 extension, but with dynamic driver timbre and shimmer. Mids are in line with the bass and treble, and have nice weight and bite, and the stage width is above average. Height is average with a 2D image. Still not a giant killer, but for someone who wants really good dynamic sound on an extreme budget, this would be an easy recc.
All this mambo jambo apart 😄 I agree that DQ6 is a bargain for its price 👍 In my book better than KZ ASF, Tin T2 Plus and on some tracks better than KZ ASX. Definitely not a pair for a bass head though. From all the gear I had it is the first IEM I have bought a second pair in case I would lose them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back