The discovery thread!
Jan 8, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #53,762 of 101,004
Jan 8, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #53,764 of 101,004
It seems they are planning to make more faceplates in the future for different tunings. Sounds very interesting 😄 definitely a blind buy for me 😄 take my money now.

This headset has four Knowles moving iron units, an all-aluminum CNC bottom case and panel, and a stainless steel CNC middle frame. The most important thing is that the crossover can be replaced.
We chose four-unit three-way frequency, the most cost-effective combination at present. The moving iron unit is also very basic. The classic combination of Knowles 22955+29689+31736, the three-way frequency can be low to medium + high to high or extremely low. +full frequency + extremely high, even full frequency + mid-high + extremely high, and even one unit or two units can sound, so why not? A single 29689, or 22955+29689, can combine a good sound, and an external crossover can realize a headset, which is 4 units, 3 units, 2 units, single unit, and the imagination space is very large.
NE4 further lowers the threshold of this matter. We no longer abide by HiFi’s so-called “price by sound” principle. After purchasing the NE4 Evolution platform, we will continue to provide different sound crossover panels for everyone to choose from, whether you want to make music or listen to music, In different positions and different styles, we will make suitable crossover panels for everyone. Moreover, the price is very low. Tuning may be more complicated for other manufacturers, but for us, small things can make friends who are willing to support us get more than expected returns. This is the greatest value of a company's existence
Edit:
On January 9th, the fifth annual "Headphones and Miscellaneous Talks" ceremony, we will make our debut with the NE4 Evo engineering machine. Of course, there is still a problem as an engineering machine, but I believe that taking a look at the actual product and listening to the basic sound settings of an ear will definitely give you some expectations for this product that is expected to be launched in April. Then we will, live see.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #53,765 of 101,004
Here's more details for anyone willing to translate the page:
https://weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404591135359369347#_0

It seems a Multi-BA + modular crossover IEM. :)
4 Knowles BA drivers. They implemented a faceplate system that changes the crossover configuration instead of using traditional filter changes :O.
The author believes that the current HiFi market is boring and instead of bringing up more driver counts or new exotic drivers, there should be more tech oriented in having a creative way and options to change the sound profiles.
In this case (changing the crossover configs of the 4 drivers), he claims that there is a lot of posibilities such as making different drivers play bass + mid + mid/high + super high or even making some drivers play in full range.
The price would be 'low' and more information will be shared at 9th.

Jan 8, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #53,766 of 101,004
Jan 8, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #53,767 of 101,004
4 Knowles BA drivers. They implemented a faceplate system that changes the crossover configuration instead of using traditional filter changes :O.
The author believes that the current HiFi market is boring and instead of bringing up more driver counts or new exotic drivers, there should be more tech oriented in having a creative way and options to change the sound profiles.
In this case (changing the crossover configs of the 4 drivers), he claims that there is a lot of posibilities such as making different drivers play bass + mid + mid/high + super high or even making some drivers play in full range.
The price would be 'low' and more information will be shared at 9th.
Tansio Mirai TSMR-4 pro = 320 usd
Fearless Audio S4 = 290 usd
Reecho Insects Awaken = 330 usd

All of them have 4 knowles BA´s. So if the price is low considering those prices...maybe around 200-250 usd?

Of course there are some exceptions like the Audiosense T800 and the BGVP DM8 with 8 BA´s at 300 and 350 usd respectively. So it shouldnt be more than around 300 usd I think?

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #53,768 of 101,004
Jan 8, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #53,769 of 101,004
I had seen the picture about the NF Audio NE4 Evolution at FB, but here I found more explanations, so it's great. I think it's a real good idea, anything that allows you to tune the sound to your liking is welcome. Whether it's with screw filters, micro switches or this new interchangeable crossover. The possibility of buying some IEMS and not liking them can be high, one can always read many reviews but not find what you are looking for. If crossovers allow for a more drastic change in sound, as well as providing more options in the future, it will be worth a try.
If the price is around 200$ or 300$ it can be a real blast.
The only thing I am concerned about is the durability of the anchorage. I hope that the screw has a good metal nut integrated into a compact enclosure (that's what it looks like). And that the contacts will then allow it to withstand all the changes.
I think it's a good way, at another level Smabat has done something different and daring, but in the same sense with the M2 Pro.
Very good from NF Audio.

Jan 8, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #53,770 of 101,004
I had seen the picture about the NF Audio NE4 Evolution at FB, but here I found more explanations, so it's great. I think it's a real good idea, anything that allows you to tune the sound to your liking is welcome. Whether it's with screw filters, micro switches or this new interchangeable crossover. The possibility of buying some IEMS and not liking them can be high, one can always read many reviews but not find what you are looking for. If crossovers allow for a more drastic change in sound, as well as providing more options in the future, it will be worth a try.
If the price is around 200$ or 300$ it can be a real blast.
The only thing I am concerned about is the durability of the anchorage. I hope that the screw has a good metal nut integrated into a compact enclosure (that's what it looks like). And that the contacts will then allow it to withstand all the changes.
I think it's a good way, at another level Smabat has done something different and daring, but in the same sense with the M2 Pro.
Very good from NF Audio.
It is really interesting idea, lets hope the price is right and it also opens up possibilities for diy without opening the iem's :)

Jan 8, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #53,771 of 101,004
Hard pass. I don't want another all-BA earphone. I want an upgrade to the already wonderful NM2+. Wake me when they announce the follow up to that.

Jan 8, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #53,772 of 101,004
Tansio Mirai TSMR-4 pro = 320 usd
Fearless Audio S4 = 290 usd
Reecho Insects Awaken = 330 usd

All of them have 4 knowles BA´s. So if the price is low considering those prices...maybe around 200-250 usd?

It's worth considering that NF Audio's previous 4 BA model, the NF4U is 550 so a low price might be a bit higher than some of the other brands. I have the NF4U and like it a lot, but the ability to adjust the sound would make it amazing.

Jan 8, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #53,773 of 101,004
It's worth considering that NF Audio's previous 4 BA model, the NF4U is 550 so a low price might be a bit higher than some of the other brands. I have the NF4U and like it a lot, but the ability to adjust the sound would make it amazing.
yeah true, it would be cheap for their standards but not really in terms of what is out in the market.

Jan 8, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #53,774 of 101,004
I have both the TSMR-4 Pro and NF4U and and the latter definitely has a number of advantages when it comes to build quality and finish that make it worth the price difference to me. I also listen to the NF4U a lot more even though I generally prefer the signature of the TSMR-4 Pro.

I would be pleasantly surprised if the price of the new model was under 300, but I'll be interested in any case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back