The discovery thread!
Jan 8, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #53,776 of 100,041
As far as discoveries are concerned, I discovered that seller YaoYaoTiger on AE is not trustworthy. I ordered MT300 and Yongse YS3 from them on 13 December. First shipment was cancelled, but they reshipped on 1 January.
This is how the YS3 is advertised:
1610101125989.png
This is what I got:
IMG_20210108_110825.jpg
No modular cable, no eartips, no pouch, no box. Just the iems in a bubble bag and the cheapo Yongse cable with in-line controls and microphone.
For some reason I also found a note from Beteran International Company asking for a 5 star rating. The bloody cheek.
Wow, what a scam! :triumph:

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #53,777 of 100,041
Wow, what a scam! :triumph:
Scam doesn't even begin to call it. The seller claims he was unaware this is not what the set should look like and he thought it was complete. Offered me 5$ refund and a discount for my next purchase... as I'd ever buy anything from them again. I opened a dispute for a partial refund instead.

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #53,778 of 100,041
Scam doesn't even begin to call it. The seller claims he was unaware this is not what the set should look like and he thought it was complete. Offered me 5$ refund and a discount for my next purchase... as I'd ever buy anything from them again. I opened a dispute for a partial refund instead.
So they took some random pictures on Internet to illustrate this IEM page? :thinking:
Sometimes it's quite difficult to understand their reasoning from a western point of view, must be a language problem?
Anyway I'm fortunate enough to have avoided big problems on AE, apart from a few things here and there that didn't deserve wasting time. :sweat_smile:

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #53,779 of 100,041
What a blatant lie.....

@Beteran You guys should be ashamed of yourselves if this is how you do things. You should give @Poganin a full refund and an apology for this....

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #53,780 of 100,041
Hard pass. I don't want another all-BA earphone. I want an upgrade to the already wonderful NM2+. Wake me when they announce the follow up to that.

They should take the NM2+ and add to the ends. A dynamic sub and a tweeter of some sort for the higher highs and call it a day. :)

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #53,781 of 100,041
So they took some random pictures on Internet to illustrate this IEM page? :thinking:
Sometimes it's quite difficult to understand their reasoning from a western point of view, must be a language problem?
Anyway I'm fortunate enough to have avoided big problems on AE, apart from a few things here and there that didn't deserve wasting time. :sweat_smile:
The seller tried to explain that a) this model doesn't come with a box at all (even though there is some sort of box in some of the the pictures), b) this brand has been problematic for them before. This still didn't prompt them to actually compare what they were sending me with the photos on this product on their store page. They just threw the IEMs and the cable into the MT300 box loose and sent it like that >.< I guess it's a lesson learnt to only buy from brand shops AE. I should have smelled a rat when I saw the YS3 on offer on only two or three stores. But I reasoned that if the IEM is poor, I'd at least get a decent cable out of it. That turned out well... :D

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #53,782 of 100,041
They should take the NM2+ and add to the ends. A dynamic sub and a tweeter of some sort for the higher highs and call it a day. :)

I think just a bit more bass and some depth of field, for a more 3D feel to go along with it's transparency, and it would be a champ of champs in the under $200 club.

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #53,783 of 100,041
The seller tried to explain that a) this model doesn't come with a box at all (even though there is some sort of box in some of the the pictures), b) this brand has been problematic for them before. This still didn't prompt them to actually compare what they were sending me with the photos on this product on their store page. They just threw the IEMs and the cable into the MT300 box loose and sent it like that >.< I guess it's a lesson learnt to only buy from brand shops AE. I should have smelled a rat when I saw the YS3 on offer on only two or three stores. But I reasoned that if the IEM is poor, I'd at least get a decent cable out of it. That turned out well... :D

how do they SOUND??

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #53,784 of 100,041
how do they SOUND??
Now this is a difficult question to answer. The one thing I can praise them for is the soundstage, imaging, and holographic instrument placement. Instrument layering is out of this world.
That said, their sound signature seems to swing between V-shaped and L-shaped. One track the vocals would be muted and recessed, and another they'd be much more forward. Same with sibilance, on some tracks they sound clean while on others they just border on sibilant. They're not horrible-sounding, but this is NOT a 200$ iem all by itself.

EDIT: Oh yeah, one thing I need to fault them for is their build. The shell structure is eerily similar to the TRI Starsea, to the point where I thought they were identical. Except the Starsea has a small cut for the antihelix. The YS3 doesn't have that cut and I develop a sore spot there very quickly.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #53,785 of 100,041
same, it's especially found quite a match for the BT20S Pro: no noise, just about right amount of volume, and also the right amount of noise isolation for my use. the unique sound signature also benefit as TWS use for me because the way it accentuate the mid frequency ended up being clear sounding while on noisy situation even at moderate volume, but at the same time makes it easier to detect conversations and important street noise clues.

the way it sound also makes it surprisingly good for long listening session.

Nice summary of the benefits of the BT20S Pro, since I have it i nearly stopped using cables 😜 It amplifies the IEMs also pretty well, so they sound in the most cases better then listening with a weaker source (phone etc.) via cable.

IMG_0324.jpg

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #53,786 of 100,041
DSC07831.JPG
DUNUs not messing around with these. So these are sick looking in person. I recognize these cables from the SA6 the DUW-03 monocrystalline 8 core silver plated copper cables. Been listening to these from open listen for the past 3 hours. Can't judge these quite yet but so far so good.

These remind me of a mix between the Luna and their SA6. Definitely got that DUNU DNA. Nice balancing, detailed and natural with a nice open sound. 2021 starts out with a bang. Gonna enjoy getting to know this one.

Jan 9, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #53,787 of 100,041

$5?

That modular cable is worth $100+ by itself. Seriously, they are $$

Jan 9, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #53,788 of 100,041
As far as discoveries are concerned, I discovered that seller YaoYaoTiger on AE is not trustworthy. I ordered MT300 and Yongse YS3 from them on 13 December. First shipment was cancelled, but they reshipped on 1 January.
This is how the YS3 is advertised:
1610101125989.png
This is what I got:
IMG_20210108_110825.jpg
No modular cable, no eartips, no pouch, no box. Just the iems in a bubble bag and the cheapo Yongse cable with in-line controls and microphone.
For some reason I also found a note from Beteran International Company asking for a 5 star rating. The bloody cheek.

Ask for refund, here's the TMall link for Yongse YS3:
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=621903551930
based on some feedback, you should get the same cable, not the cheap one with mic

Jan 9, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #53,789 of 100,041

Aliexpress Dispute Process for Full Refund:

Having had an Ali seller send me the wrong cable (2-pin connector instead of mmcx) I disputed and asked for a full refund. I believe you should do the same because the item is not at all what was advertised. The process can be a pain in the ass. The seller offered me a pathetic $5 refund as well (on an over $20 cable). I refused the offer. Given a few business days, Aliexpress will step in to moderate the dispute. In the mean time, DO NOT accept any offer from the seller and never never give in to their request that you end the dispute because they will "give you credit/offer you a gift/etc..." - this is a tactic they use to preserve their rep with Aliexpress. The dispute process can only be entered into ONCE and you cannot undo it if you accept an offer or withdraw your dispute. Hang in there.

Aliexpress checked my complaint, then determined that A) Yes, the product wasn't as described, but B) It was still functional as a product. Therefore, they offered me a partial refund again. I then disputed their assessment with a video showing that their cable simply could not be connected to my mmcx only iems, speaking in very clear and basic English explaining that the cable cannot work, and also threw in a "I am very sad and disappointed shopping with Aliexpress". This method took me a bunch of Googling to discover, with the info coming from various forums and blog posts. I hope this post here makes someone's life easier, since I never did see follow up posts from people confirming their methods and whether they were successful getting a full refund off Aliexpress.

Wish I could honestly say that I'll never shop on Ali again (I haven't since this incident - and it was my first ever purchase on Ali!), but they have some ridiculously good prices at times, and I may yet roll the dice again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jan 9, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #53,790 of 100,041
Aliexpress Dispute Process for Full Refund:

[snip]
Thank you for your suggestions. For now the seller keeps offering small refunds, discounts, even offered to take the YS3 back for an exchange. I keep refusing. I said I can return the earphone for a full refund only. They claim my demand for reimbursement of half the price I paid is too much. We'll see what AliExpress says when it steps in to moderate. I will follow your suggestions if they are being difficult.

Ask for refund, here's the TMall link for Yongse YS3:
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=621903551930
based on some feedback, you should get the same cable, not the cheap one with mic
Thank you very much for this. It should help with my dispute!
Actually, YYT claims they got the YS3 from just this vendor you linked :D

$5?

That modular cable is worth $100+ by itself. Seriously, they are $$
Yes, I know. That's exactly why I refused to accept the pittance of a refund they offered me.

My guess is the unit they sent me was a return from someone who did just the thing: kept the cable and the accessories and sent the IEM back under some pretence. They thought to flog it on some other customer and now are playing dodgeball with me to avoid taking responsibility.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back