The discovery thread!
Dec 11, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #52,561 of 102,981
Got my Tape Pro.

and......i am facepalming so hard......it sounds worse than the original tape....in stock.........

I am going to let this burn in and hope it will change after 20 hours or so (and I am not a believer of burn in....). Because I am getting a headache from both the sound and the fit due to the sharp corners. Also pray that the tuning "screw" will help it as well....

1607703141823.png

If it doesnt change for the better then:
beating.gif

Try some tip rolling.
Burn in is just familiarization of our hearing to the new tuning.
Will not show anything on the graph changes after breaking them in...

Dec 11, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #52,562 of 102,981
Very interesting view...
I am puzzled between the jasper and DM8 right now....
Do you find jasper's stage big enough???
For example.... I love ISN H40 just for their big big stage and holographic presentation.....
Furthermore.... are those coming with balanced cable as an option???
I am a big fan of symbio tips as well but prefer the symbio models with the addition of foam inside.....

Presentation is holographic with very good channel separation. Stage is quite big, the width isn't extreme, but above average, high and depth are very nice.

IMHO Jaspers works well with Symbio W peel. Those eartips provides stronger subbass and more focused vocals, but few other options provide wider stage.

I heard there could be optional cable with balanced plug and even upgrade cable in future, but I'm not sure about it. Best option will be asking the dealer. I'm using them with some upgrade cables (Cross Lambda Lunar-S, CM Cable Dark).

Dec 11, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #52,563 of 102,981
Try some tip rolling.
Burn in is just familiarization of our hearing to the new tuning.
Will not show anything on the graph changes after breaking them in...
My favorite tips (Sony EP-EX11 and the Final Audio Type E) dont work on it either. Type E´s is possible but it stretches the stem a lot (to the point of it turning white lol).

Using it with the acoustune aet08 and it works. Spinfits CP145 also worked but the AET08 gave me a better seal.

There have been a few reports from users that mention it changed for the better after 20 hours of burn in, so thats what I will do.

Dec 11, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #52,564 of 102,981
My favorite tips (Sony EP-EX11 and the Final Audio Type E) dont work on it either. Type E´s is possible but it stretches the stem a lot (to the point of it turning white lol).

Using it with the acoustune aet08 and it works. Spinfits CP145 also worked but the AET08 gave me a better seal.

There have been a few reports from users that mention it changed for the better after 20 hours of burn in, so thats what I will do.

AET08 the best seal due to its very stiff stem material.
In my case, solves most of those harsh brilliance & gives out the best trebles second to the complys...

Dec 11, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #52,565 of 102,981
IMG_20201211_200615_150.jpg
IMG_20201211_200611_655.jpg
IMG_20201211_200619_379.jpg

Babies are arriving.

LZ A7 is great. It hits well above its price range. Plenty of details, crispness, air... I should admit that people who were mentioning it were right and I'd like to thank them for the recommendation. And yes, I'm one od those who stayed in the gold filter with monitor. I hear details, details, and details.

When I saw the delivery guy coming with a big package, I was really surprised. They packed 1MORE H1707 like a tank. And the presentation gives you a luxury impression. You understand you received sth special. Seriously the drawings, the case, the cable and the headphones look super cool, elegant. The sound is also very good. Quite detailed and the bass hits you like crazy. Not like for bassheads but still good. Definitely good for a price about 115 dollar.

Those are the first impressions for now. I'll share more detailed information. I'm still waiting for the others. Nm2+ is also on the way 😊

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #52,566 of 102,981
I have been listened to the Hifiman RE-200 for the while now. Even though it has been on the market for a long time, it still meet the expectation for now day.
It has really great neutral tonality with good amount of fullness, so it doesn’t sound harsh or overly neutral. The timbre on this are realistic, especially for the female vocal.
The technical performance are outstanding as well. Really enjoyed it!!AFA8ACF5-3BA8-4DC8-8697-B15A4514C089.jpeg

you mean the RE-400? I was listening to mine last night. They are a very good mids centric earphone. Very fluid and female vocals are soooooo good. The treble is a bit subdued, but it doesn't lack for detail. Warm and engaging.

Dec 11, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #52,567 of 102,981
you mean the RE-400? I was listening to mine last night. They are a very good mids centric earphone. Very fluid and female vocals are soooooo good. The treble is a bit subdued, but it doesn't lack for detail. Warm and engaging.
Sorry for misunderstanding, yes, I mean the RE-400. Really great earphone for its price range, so glad that you liked it as I am:relaxed:

Dec 11, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #52,568 of 102,981
Edible earphones? LOL
Edible after sticking them in your ears? 🤢🤢🤢🤮

Believe overall has good dynamics and transparency carry over to all aspects of its sound – in addition to good bass control, Believe boasts above average clarity and resolution for a single dynamic driver. The mids are in balance with the bass and expose many nuance of the recording with great definition. Believe’s treble energy is spot-on.... The sound is, on the whole, a little more natural compared to the TSMR-5, but loses out on precise imaging and separation department.
I’ve not heard the TSMR-5, but regarding the Believe, I completely agree. I’ve been very impressed with a lot of its technicalities and especially tonality. Imaging and instrument separation are good, but not like the NM2+

Dec 11, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #52,569 of 102,981
i have a confession. Between the Fiio X3 III and the NiceHCK NX7 mk III, that's been getting almost all the airplay recently. Just wonderful synergy and excellent top end sound. With the Fiio Mont Blanc amp, the soundstage improved considerably, but i also enjoy them straight from the DAP. I listened to my RE-400's with the R2, and then went back to this set up, and was struck by just how good this pairing is. amazing transients and female vocals are beautifully rendered, same as the RE-400's.

IMG_4594.jpg

Dec 11, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #52,570 of 102,981
Still no SFR MT300 or Shouer Tape Pro in the mail. They were bought before a bunch of other stuff, and have taken longer to arrive. Grrrr. My comic books arrived from the printers before these two! Oh well, time for some Hiby R5 and NX7 mk III's.

Dec 11, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #52,571 of 102,981

do you have some Symbio peel tips? might want to try that in case it works for you. foams seems to work too with the Pro

Also try give it a few songs on it running. i really don't like the choked upper mids sound at first, which really apparent when i do shootout and comparing it to my other IEMs yesterday, but strangely after i put it aside for a while (and listening to other IEMs), when i picked it up again that upper mids seems to be acceptable now. i still not a fan of that mid sound, but now i can listen to it.

i don't havs my old Tape anymore, but from memory i prefer the Tape Pro more, because of the reduced bass, making the soundstage clearer and mids more forward

i still haven't play around with the tuning screw yet.. it seems a real hassle to change and i have to find special quiet time so i would not be distracted and loose those screws :sweat_smile:

Dec 11, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #52,572 of 102,981
do you have some Symbio peel tips? might want to try that in case it works for you. foams seems to work too with the Pro

Also try give it a few songs on it running. i really don't like the choked upper mids sound at first, which really apparent when i do shootout and comparing it to my other IEMs yesterday, but strangely after i put it aside for a while (and listening to other IEMs), when i picked it up again that upper mids seems to be acceptable now. i still not a fan of that mid sound, but now i can listen to it.

i don't havs my old Tape anymore, but from memory i prefer the Tape Pro more, because of the reduced bass, making the soundstage clearer and mids more forward

i still haven't play around with the tuning screw yet.. it seems a real hassle to change and i have to find special quiet time so i would not be distracted and loose those screws :sweat_smile:
I am burning it in currently. Will give it another chance tomorrow, which by then it should have 20 hours on it.

I do have symbio tips (the silicone + foam hybrid) but they arent good for me with other iems.

I will try the tuning screws as well. But really not liking it in stock as of now.

Dec 11, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #52,573 of 102,981
I am burning it in currently. Will give it another chance tomorrow, which by then it should have 20 hours on it.

I do have symbio tips (the silicone + foam hybrid) but they arent good for me with other iems.

I will try the tuning screws as well. But really not liking it in stock as of now.

i don't really like the fit of the Symbio (the one with foams), but i really like the Peel version (silicone only).
it seems to be the most balanced sounding eartips that I've tried.

Dec 11, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #52,574 of 102,981
i have a confession. Between the Fiio X3 III and the NiceHCK NX7 mk III, that's been getting almost all the airplay recently. Just wonderful synergy and excellent top end sound. With the Fiio Mont Blanc amp, the soundstage improved considerably, but i also enjoy them straight from the DAP. I listened to my RE-400's with the R2, and then went back to this set up, and was struck by just how good this pairing is. amazing transients and female vocals are beautifully rendered, same as the RE-400's.

IMG_4594.jpg

Running the budget version of your setup tonight, testing freshly-arrived 11.11 earbuds: Fiio X1 to Mont Blanc to NiceHCK DIY MX500.
20201211_201511.jpg

Dec 11, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #52,575 of 102,981
My 11/11 haul that came in yesterday.

073BE944-0C2E-497D-96A8-03D435C80FEB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back