The discovery thread!
Dec 10, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #52,531 of 106,632
You just might get your wish. Stay tuned.

this is the best post in this whole beryllium debacle.
no point of making assumptions, just make a solid testing instead

Dec 10, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #52,532 of 106,632
The original Beryllium hypetrain...and the sweet smell of chocolate! mmmm

pistons.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

Dec 10, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #52,533 of 106,632
The original Beryllium hypetrain...and the sweet smell of chocolate! mmmm

pistons.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

Was it really chocolate scented?

I have an earphone that came scented - the UiiSii US80. The scent is mixed into the cable insulation itself, so it never goes away.

I guess it was perhaps a fad - one I’m glad never caught on.

Dec 11, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #52,534 of 106,632
One thing I've been wondering about is who the manufacturer of the Be driver in the Believe is. If it is indeed a driver that is imported from Japan, then it stands to reason that there is a supplier on the other end who is involved as well, and potentially documentation about their product.

Dec 11, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #52,535 of 106,632
Was it really chocolate scented?

I have an earphone that came scented - the UiiSii US80. The scent is mixed into the cable insulation itself, so it never goes away.

I guess it was perhaps a fad - one I’m glad never caught on.

Yeah. the case was chocolate scented. that's how you knew you got authentic Pistons. If it didn't smell like chocolate and didn't have that big bass, you got one of the thousands of fakes.

Dec 11, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #52,536 of 106,632
One thing I've been wondering about is who the manufacturer of the Be driver in the Believe is. If it is indeed a driver that is imported from Japan, then it stands to reason that there is a supplier on the other end who is involved as well, and potentially documentation about their product.
i might speculate they have a Japanese partner😄

Dec 11, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #52,538 of 106,632
Yeah. the case was chocolate scented. that's how you knew you got authentic Pistons. If it didn't smell like chocolate and didn't have that big bass, you got one of the thousands of fakes.
+1 Mines definitely smell like chocolate direct from the Xiaomi company here in China.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #52,539 of 106,632
Aune Jasper are really nice. Build quality is good, the case is stylish and the sound is great. I was able to listen to their two tuning options and finally they have chosen the better one IMHO. Natural tonality with great lows (quite fast, with precise subbass), clear, but not thin mids with upfront vocals, smooth, yet detailed highs. Channel separation, stage high and overall holography are good. Very interesing and competitive IEM for this price.

Jasper works great with premium cables and nicely reacts to tips rolling (more lows with Symbio W peel, more neutral sound with Acoustune AET08a etc.), so their sound is easy to further personalize.

Very interesting view...
I am puzzled between the jasper and DM8 right now....
Do you find jasper's stage big enough???
For example.... I love ISN H40 just for their big big stage and holographic presentation.....
Furthermore.... are those coming with balanced cable as an option???
I am a big fan of symbio tips as well but prefer the symbio models with the addition of foam inside.....

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #52,541 of 106,632
I wonder if Hershey would ever start making chocolate smelling earphones in the US. That will be something! :yum:

Edible earphones? LOL

Dec 11, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #52,542 of 106,632
I agree, that as a brand, LZ really needs to do a redesign. If they want to have a retro flare, that’s fine, but the wacky attempt at a calligraphy font looks just wrong...at least to me. Fortunately it’s such small print on the A7.
This will give Drop (the company that recently had the Audeze iSine 20 for $500!!! vs. "B" stock, $229 at Adorama) an opportunity to have a special blackout version of the LZ A7; like they did with the Moondrop KXXX.

Dec 11, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #52,544 of 106,632
0FE209AC-C607-4FE4-8822-0AF1F220474D.jpeg
6F8DF4C4-85F0-4991-B722-045E98879A54.jpeg

KBEAR Believe + CEMA Tianwaitian / Penon Totem pigtail + Cayin N3Pro 4.4 out

vs.

Tansio Mirai TSMR-5 + FAAEAL copper cable + apple lightening to 3.5 adapter + iPhone

Test track: Bach Brandenburg Concerto No. 2

894E692B-CB2C-4916-B4E2-22143AC302AC.jpeg

The 2nd concerto of the set has a perilously high trumpet solo as well as solos for flute, oboe, and violin. Nicely recorded and good piece to gauge the instrumental separation, staging and timbre.

On the whole, the TSMR-5 is well-balanced aside from an upper mids and lower treble bump, which gives it a characteristically brighter, cooler tone. It is not a forgiving earphone but, happily, the top-end emphasis has few valleys where sibilance typically originates, so the TSMR-5 does not introduce sibilance or harshness to recordings. Treble extension is very good, contributing to an airy and open sound with entirely unconstrained dynamics quite unusual for all BA earphones. Timbre is also surprisingly good albeit minute glossiness on stringed instruments in closer listening. Winds instruments sound really good and life-like with very precise imaging and separation.

Believe overall has good dynamics and transparency carry over to all aspects of its sound – in addition to good bass control, Believe boasts above average clarity and resolution for a single dynamic driver. The mids are in balance with the bass and expose many nuance of the recording with great definition. Believe’s treble energy is spot-on, appearing even more extended than the TSMR-5. The sound is, on the whole, a little more natural compared to the TSMR-5, but loses out on precise imaging and separation department.

Both are really good performers on this Branderburg concertos.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #52,545 of 106,632
Looks familiar?

They look so much like the LZ A7!

They are the HZSOUND HZ5 PRO

I wonder how good they sound being that they're only DD's!

O1CN01vR2rnM2Kv5qvXTLna_!!529618.jpgO1CN01FhUzgy2Kv5qSNRORF_!!529618.jpg

LZ A7

O1CN01jWMt7f2EHLvBJNjIE_!!1766148719.jpgO1CN01dO3zft2EHLv95GOOH_!!1766148719.jpg

12/12 purchase? Maybe?

-Clear

Wow do u have a link for the HZSound HZ5 Pro? I will surely buy one HZ5 Pro to try it out if it delivers globally.

I was super impressed with their HZSound Heart Mirror, it gets my vote for best sub $100 single DD for this year. Neutralish bright set. Great timbre, good set for vocal lovers. It has a forwards mid without veering into shoutiness at the upper mids, fast transients and good technicalities. I daresay it has the best timbre for acoustic instruments I've heard for a sub $100 set. Cons are soundstage is average, note weight is thin and it needs amping to scale better (sounds meh from a smartphone).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back