The discovery thread!
Jan 9, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #46,066 of 101,283
DSC06858.JPG Love receiving a package with a large dent in it.
So I have been burning in getting to know the Kbear Diamonds
DSC06861.JPG So for guys that are getting these or have them already. I highly recommend a good burn in. Out of the box was surprising and not in a good way. Mid bass stood out above the entire frequency. Bass lines was unusually strong. But as you all know I try not to judge a phone based on open box listening. 75 hours later. Now we are talking. Good detail and clarity .It is much less V shaped signature than it was on open listen. Bass is tighter which forward the mids a touch. Treble even has better control after burn in. Driver has some potential for certain. Not a bad sounding earphone. Sounds really good for hiphop, pop music and rock. Crunchy guitars with punchy bass. Stage is average. These do remind me a bit of the FDX1 but much cheaper. Good tonality. We got yet another contender in the $70 range of earphones. Love these larger cases these guys throw in.

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #46,067 of 101,283
I went from being about caught up to being 6 models behind again in the last couple days so need to start listening to some of these and get something on a page, Looking forward to trying the diamond myself so will put them on some pink noise and let them cook a bit. In unboxing one of the others, I found another sibling of the Dunu DM480 and TRN im2 shell - The Auglamour T100 is also the same 3d printed housing. Whoever the OEM is for that one is selling to everybody it seems as that makes at least 4 different companies using the same shell (Dunu, ****, TRN, and now Auglamour).

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #46,068 of 101,283
I know this isn’t a budget IEM thread, but in the spirit of “discovery” I’d highly recommend anyone to try out the Etymotic ER2XR. At $115 on Amazon, I can’t imagine a better value. It surpasses the sound of the ER4XR, which I own, and it’s competitive with IEMs in the $1K+ range. As crinacle said in his review, “the ER2 is an anomaly. There is absolutely no point in benchmarking similarly-priced IEMs against it because of how unreasonably high it would set the bar”, ranking it a B+, comparable to some forum favorites like the Atlas. I’d personally rank it even comparable to some of his A ranked IEMs.

Maybe I’m in the honeymoon phase, only a few hours in listening, but I’m truly shocked how good these sound.

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #46,072 of 101,283
I know this isn’t a budget IEM thread, but in the spirit of “discovery” I’d highly recommend anyone to try out the Etymotic ER2XR. At $115 on Amazon, I can’t imagine a better value. It surpasses the sound of the ER4XR, which I own, and it’s competitive with IEMs in the $1K+ range. As crinacle said in his review, “the ER2 is an anomaly. There is absolutely no point in benchmarking similarly-priced IEMs against it because of how unreasonably high it would set the bar”, ranking it a B+, comparable to some forum favorites like the Atlas. I’d personally rank it even comparable to some of his A ranked IEMs.

Maybe I’m in the honeymoon phase, only a few hours in listening, but I’m truly shocked how good these sound.

It is £169 here...so around $220 at the current exchange rate

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #46,073 of 101,283
Listed below are the companies and products that currently license technology from EARBRIDGE.
1. Shouer-TAPE
2. Noble Audio-M3
3. Itsfit- FUSION
4. spearlab-Triton ™ 1
5. Soranik BMT

Wonder if the Helm Electrostat TWS is gonna be them as well?

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #46,075 of 101,283
Also one thing to mind about the Etymotic, is that the fit might not be for everyone. But if you do able to fit it in your ears, then you're in on a treat

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #46,076 of 101,283
Where did you run into this? How did you run into it? Magnetostatic has been mentioned here and there, but it seems this one came out in 2018? Is this the earliest of it's kind for iems?

Noble also use it in the M3, I believe.

Got the Itsfit Fusion, and it's a very good and coherent sounding hybrid playing in the Campfire Audio sort of TOTL price (and performance) bracket. The treble is crisp but ultra-airy and detailed - sort of a gateway between BA treble and the estat models that got the market last year.

On a sidenote, the build and design of the Itsfit models I'd fantastic - check out the lookbook on their site.

Listed below are the companies and products that currently license technology from EARBRIDGE.
1. Shouer-TAPE
2. Noble Audio-M3
3. Itsfit- FUSION
4. spearlab-Triton ™ 1
5. Soranik BMT

Jan 10, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #46,079 of 101,283
I've been using the T5 for a while (my first TWS) and my thoughts are the same. I've found the best synergy using JVC Spiral Dots since it improves the mids/stage but otherwise just an okayish signature, the bass extension is quite short for my taste but otherwise, they don't offend my ears haha and I just use them for the gym.

I'm looking for something more engaging with better bass, would you recommend something <$100? I'm really considering the HAYLOU GT2. Scarbir has one of the best sites that I know TWS-wise and he updated his recommendations under $25 today: https://www.scarbir.com/guide/wireless-earphones-under-25-dollar and the GT2 got a really good description and rank.
Thanks for the kind words. <3 I do absolutely prefer the terrific KZ S1 hybrid over the Haylou GT2 Pro, however.

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #46,080 of 101,283

Users who are viewing this thread

Back