The discovery thread!
Nov 10, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #44,656 of 106,675
i think the reason is lack of damping and stuffing too much BA drivers inside that are cheap and low quality, the bass driver is the best inside that thing, but the lack of damping and poor driver matching are the main reasons in my opinion
also bad crossover implementation is a possible reason as well
the new NX7 Pro can be improvement because it has some sort of damping from the new filter system

My question is if anyone knows if anything changes inside or just there are new filters in the nozzles, somehow, as I did when I put the tips Ostry ...

Nov 10, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #44,659 of 106,675
My question is if anyone knows if anything changes inside or just there are new filters in the nozzles, somehow, as I did when I put the tips Ostry ...

The exploded diagram looks exactly the same, same 10mm dual CNT driver, same number and placement of BAs, etc.

They could have, in theory, changed the crossover tuning or vents on the shell. But most likely, the tuning tips are the only thing that’s changed.

Don’t underestimate the effect of dampening though. It’s possible some filtering on the nozzles is all that was needed to allow improvements. Hopefully, @Dsnuts will fill us in once his arrive.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #44,660 of 106,675
Yes, we subcontracted the shells, but the drivers and cables are all us. We'll be running a giveaway event for the DM-380 during our 17th anniversary celebration between 11/13 to 11/29. There will be other interesting things that we're going to try, such as flash sales on some of our more popular older models and multiple raffles.

Yep! Been busy with CanJam Shanghai and the release of our flagship LUNA, but we'll get that out to you ASAP! Also, the bare DM-480 --- packaging is still being prepped. Because the holidays are coming up, all the printers are working overtime, but we're going to try to get them into peoples' hands by Christmas. Pre-orders for the DM-480 start on Black Friday.
İ watch some reviews about dm380 and i think dm380 will be one of your succesfull iems . its liitle bit pricey to me otherwise i will choose it as my next iem

Nov 10, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #44,661 of 106,675
İ watch some reviews about dm380 and i think dm380 will be one of your succesfull iems . its liitle bit pricey to me otherwise i will choose it as my next iem

Perhaps you can enter our giveaway when we announce the even in a couple of days, then! :slight_smile:

Full disclosure: we're actually making zero on the DM-380 --- at $49, it is designed to be a loss leader, meant to let people get re-acquainted with the brand's prowess in acoustic engineering and driver development.

We're very aware of the fact that we've been pretty silent on the international end of things for the past few years, and we're working to change this. Frankly, our business in China has been thriving --- we're one of the sales leaders in the enthusiast personal audio sector, and often rank in the top three for 11/11 sales, alongside companies like HiFiMAN and FiiO. However, simultaneously, we understand that we had a missed opportunity in the international space. Our job now is to get people re-engaged with our brand and products, so we will be releasing more international and US-specific product variants in the coming months.

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Nov 10, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #44,662 of 106,675
Don’t underestimate the effect of dampening though.

100% agree. Dampers made significant change in sound, wrong dampening also can make worse sound signature, but with right dampening the magic will come. Like TOTL IEMs beside of great driver and tuning and materials, they did great effort in adjusting dampers and the result is smooth sounding while have crisp details.

We can reduce glaring, edgy, harshness, peaks with good dampening method.

Nov 10, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #44,663 of 106,675
Introducing the KBEAR Diamond (BETA)

The KBEAR Diamond is a single-dynamic driver earphone with a DLC (diamond-like carbon) coated membrane. DLC coating is a new technology that increases the high-frequency response by 0.2 to 5 dB. The KBEAR Diamond is presently a BETA in need of fine-tuning...bass needs to be decreased.

I spent quite some time with it and this could be a killer earphone: speedy for a DD, great staging, superb definition Organic organic organic sound. A co-blogger is currently tackling the fine-tuning. Price still unknown but allegedly below $100. Out before year-end.

Anxious how much hype this one will experience but I like this one and didn't like the Kanas Pro at >2 the price. I expect this one to be a huge crowd pleaser and am surprised how KBEAR could pull that one out considering their rather mediocre track record....see my review of the KBEAR hi7.

I'll write future details on my blog.

IMG_0039.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #44,665 of 106,675
Introducing the KBEAR Diamond (BETA)

The KBEAR Diamond is a single-dynamic driver earphone with a DLC (diamond-like carbon) coated membrane. DLC coating is a new technology that increases the high-frequency response by 0.2 to 5 dB. The KBEAR Diamond is presently a BETA in need of fine-tuning...bass needs to be decreased.

I spent quite some time with it and this could be a killer earphone: speedy for a DD, great staging, superb definition Organic organic organic sound. A co-blogger is currently tackling the fine-tuning. Price still unknown but allegedly below $100. Out before year-end.

Anxious how much hype this one will experience but I like this one and didn't like the Kanas Pro at >2 the price. I expect this one to be a huge crowd pleaser and am surprised how KBEAR could pull that one out considering their rather mediocre track record....see my review of the KBEAR hi7.

I'll write future details on my blog.

How does this compare to the BLON BL-03, Kanas Pro and JVC HA FDX01 (since these are all DDs)?

Nov 11, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #44,666 of 106,675
Is there a qdc cable that Fits the blon ?

Nov 11, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #44,668 of 106,675
How does this compare to the BLON BL-03, Kanas Pro and JVC HA FDX01 (since these are all DDs)?
Hey, I am not that far yet...but, considering the Kanas Pro is $180...I'd rather get two KBEARs. KBEAR uses a more rigid (=better) driver than the Blon. It is hard to tune (high sensitivity and has less tolerance than normal ppe and graphene drivers. KBEAR focus on tonality....it has to sound natural and organic...and so it does...like the JVC and more so than the Blon. Soundstage and the other technicalities are secondary...people want to hear familiar sounds, real sounds...enjoyable listening. Having said that, I found the KBEAR's stage quite good.

Anyway, DLC is probably the future for dynamic drivers.

UPDATE: passed the question on to co-blogger and tuner K. He replied:
Blons are great in their own way. I agree, why should one always be "better" than the other. I always find the Blons are a treat in my ears nonwithstanding the fact that other earphones may be "better". He doesn't know the JVCs but finds the Kanas Pro fatiguing after a while. I didn't like the Kanas Pro at all considering their price. We are also presently finalizing the tuning of this one: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/page-2952#post-15237116

No idea under what brandname it will appear and how much it will cost. As always, we do this 200% pro bono.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #44,669 of 106,675
Is there a qdc cable that Fits the blon ?

I bought the JCally QDC 0.78 mm cable and with a pocket knife, i slowly shaved the corners of the square cable mount on the BLON BL-03, checking the fit as I shaved. The fit is snug and better than the stock cable. Unfortunately for me, the guides though much better still pull the tips out of my ears a bit. I'm looking into a QDC cable without the ear guides so hopefully it'll have less pull at my ears thus loosening the fit. The BLON BL-03 are fast but the fit is a PITA. I'm using the Azla SednaEarfit tips which also protrude more than just about any other tip I've found. Great tips! I recommend them and for the average person, I'm confident this tip alone would get you great results!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back