The discovery thread!
Oct 14, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #44,327 of 102,922
Hey, guys.

Could anyone help me choose between LZ-A6 and Audiosense T800? A comparison would be really helpful.

I prefer neutral sound over bass emphasised signature. Please suggest which one do you recommend.

I have Audiosense T800 and gotta agree with @FastAndClean that it is U shaped with elevated bass and treble.
Haven't heard LZ A6.

U can possibly consider the Hisenior B5+, 5BA knowles, ~80 USD. Rather neutrally tuned but with increased mids (lower mids > upper mids) and lower treble. Bass is flat. Takes well to EQ so if u want to make it totally neutral, I think it is possible.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #44,328 of 102,922
Hey, guys.

Could anyone help me choose between LZ-A6 and Audiosense T800? A comparison would be really helpful.

I prefer neutral sound over bass emphasised signature. Please suggest which one do you recommend.

try the MT100 if you like flat neutral

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #44,329 of 102,922
try the MT100 if you like flat neutral

Since, there are no proper reviews for these, due to the restrictions, it has become difficult to make a decision. Plus, some limited reviews I encountered suggest that these lack isolation. That would be an issue for me because where I live, it is noisy.

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #44,330 of 102,922
T800 is U shaped, the mids are there but the bass and treble are a bit more up front

I have Audiosense T800 and gotta agree with @FastAndClean that it is U shaped with elevated bass and treble.
Haven't heard LZ A6.

U can possibly consider the Hisenior B5+, 5BA knowles, ~80 USD. Rather neutrally tuned but with increased mids (lower mids > upper mids) and lower treble. Bass is flat. Takes well to EQ so if u want to make it totally neutral, I think it is possible.

Thank you. I was in an impression that these were closer to Harman Target IEM 2017. And if my assumption that Harman Target is not bad for composing and mixing is wrong, then please enlighten me what should I be looking for.

@FastAndClean how do these compare with ER4XR, if you have tried both?

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #44,332 of 102,922
Thank you. I was in an impression that these were closer to Harman Target IEM 2017. And if my assumption that Harman Target is not bad for composing and mixing is wrong, then please enlighten me what should I be looking for.

In terms of a reliable IEM for Audio work, I have found the Tin Audio T2 to be very reliable. Actually, an award winning mastering engineer friend of mine bought my first set from me with minutes of hearing it !

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #44,333 of 102,922
In terms of a reliable IEM for Audio work, I have found the Tin Audio T2 to be very reliable. Actually, an award winning mastering engineer friend of mine bought my first set from me with minutes of hearing it !

That's some serious praise for these IEMs. Thank you, Jon, for the suggestion.

However, I am also looking for an upgrade to my AudioTechnica ATH-E40 and LZ-A4. Your advice is highly regarded.

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #44,335 of 102,922
Oh, I didn't know. I have had easier time making decisions in $100-200 range. In sub $300 range it has become more difficult, apparently.
i will suggest you to get the new Etymotic Research ER2SE, it is dynamic driver tuned to their standards, a lot less expensive than the ER4 series and it is DD driver, lot more powerful and suited for DSP if you want compared to single BA ER4

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #44,336 of 102,922

Friend if u are looking for a very neutral set for mixing and recording, I can recommend the Audiotechnica M40X headphone. It's the most neutral gear I have heard and I use it for studio monitoring. Isolation is above average as it is a closed back headphone. I find it is so neutral that general music listening is boring with it, but it is perfect for audio work as it really let's you hear what the artiste intended in the music recording.

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #44,337 of 102,922
Hey, guys.

I have both. So a quick comparison:
Soundstage: A6 is wider but not tall, like a commodious room with low ceiling, T800 is taller but less wide, like a normal room.
Bass: A6 has slightly less bass quantity than T800, and the bass of A6 is tighter. But T800 has very fun bass.
Mid: T800 is thick and very detailed. A6 is lighter and airier.
Treble: T800 is very detailed and safe. A6 is more extended with occasional harshness. It needs some foams to tame the overeager treble.
Separation: A6 is better than T800
Build quality and package: T800 is miles ahead of A6

All in all, I still can't decide which one is better, they are the King & Queen of my collection now. However, T800 is more suitable for vocals while A6 fares better with instruments.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #44,338 of 102,922
I have both. So a quick comparison:
Soundstage: A6 is wider but not tall, like a commodious room with low ceiling, T800 is taller but less wide, like a normal room.
Bass: A6 has slightly less bass quantity than T800, and the bass of A6 is tighter. But T800 has very fun bass.
Mid: T800 is thick and very detailed. A6 is lighter and airier.
Treble: T800 is very detailed and safe. A6 is more extended with occasional harshness. It needs some foams to tame the overeager treble.
Separation: A6 is better than T800
Build quality and package: T800 is miles ahead of A6

All in all, I still can't decide which one is better, they are the King & Queen of my collection now. However, T800 is suitable more suitable for vocals while A6 fares better with instruments.

Just out of curiosity, what filters are you using on the A6?

Oct 15, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #44,340 of 102,922
Oh, I didn't know. I have had easier time making decisions in $100-200 range. In sub $300 range it has become more difficult, apparently.

As a suggestion, do consider that BA only or hybrids are susceptible to corrosion and will be heavy maintenance due to climate over here especially if you are investing $300

Users who are viewing this thread

Back