The discovery thread!
Sep 27, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #44,131 of 100,563
So when will he start sending samples?:ksc75smile: and what does he call em. Pandabuds?

Take a look at my list or his... you will see all that he has made. He only makes them for us. We have given a very few to close friends. It helps if you visit the UK and meet up:) Nothing has been sold... no desire to become a member of the trade... or have to worry about warranty issues. Most buds are kind of fragile. They need tender loving care.

Not recommended to do this:

72E13CCC-497E-4A4F-B370-4376DB0AE18D.jpeg

Sep 27, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #44,132 of 100,563
There's one made with an Eidolic Plug & Jack, available from several vendors in the USA.
The Eidolic 2.5mm TRRS Jack is the best one I've found, for keeping a good, secure connection on a 2.5mm TRRS Plug.
I bought mine from Lindsay, at Impact Audio Cables a couple of years ago (when they were less expensive), but they're $83 now - https://www.etsy.com/shop/ImpactAudioCables
There are also Eidolic connectors / adapters available from Norne Audio [ http://www.norneaudio.com/ ] and Double Helix Cables [ https://doublehelixcables.com/ ]

@courierdriver : you might want to check out these affordable thingies on AE as well:

Screenshot_2019-09-27-15-27-44-464_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-01.jpeg

€ 14,87 | DD DJ35A DJ44A, 2.5 4.4 Balanced adapter. Apply to 2.5mm balance earphone cable, from brands such as Astell&Kern, FiiO, etc.
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/DfS7q7NO

I'll stick with my cable adapter for another while since there's less leverage effect on the connectors (0° vs. 90°) if someone or something pulls on the cable unexpectedly (of course a lot depends on the angle and how tight the individual connections are ...).

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #44,133 of 100,563
Yup, that's definitely an option considering that the price difference isn't huge. During the last big summer sale in June, I picked up the 8 core pure copper for $13.83 CDN and the 8 core SPC for $14 CDN on Aliexpress. The new 16 core ones from Nicehck also look very appealing but do cost alot more (like in the $50-60 CDN range). Still not a bad price though for quality, well built cables.
Nicehck is still honoring the introductory discount. I just ordered a couple more units on 9/25

I'll PM you the details

You probably have to "follow" the store as well.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #44,135 of 100,563
Thanks very much for the links. I've got a couple in my Aliexpress cart now that are just the adapters that you plug the cable into, without a wire between the female and male ends. This is a bit less $ and might fit my needs more.

Sep 27, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #44,136 of 100,563
Sep 27, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #44,137 of 100,563
@courierdriver : you might want to check out these affordable thingies on AE as well:

€ 14,87 | DD DJ35A DJ44A, 2.5 4.4 Balanced adapter. Apply to 2.5mm balance earphone cable, from brands such as Astell&Kern, FiiO, etc.
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/DfS7q7NO

I'll stick with my cable adapter for another while since there's less leverage effect on the connectors (0° vs. 90°) if someone or something pulls on the cable unexpectedly (of course a lot depends on the angle and how tight the individual connections are ...).
Thanks! I'll look into those as well. I've seen them before; I think in the budget cable thread. If I'm not mistaken, these adapters were also recd by @hakuzen .

Sep 27, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #44,138 of 100,563
Nicehck is still honoring the introductory discount. I just ordered a couple more units on 9/25

I'll PM you the details

You probably have to "follow" the store as well.
Thanks...I've replied to your PM. Yup, I'm already following them, as I have already bought NX7 and 2 8 core cables from them.

Sep 28, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #44,139 of 100,563
Thanks very much for the links. I've got a couple in my Aliexpress cart now that are just the adapters that you plug the cable into, without a wire between the female and male ends. This is a bit less $ and might fit my needs more.

I prefer the type of adapter like this that has a short length of cable. The ones that are just a plain plug stick out of the dap too far and are annoying to me. The ones with a "tail" are feel more ergonomic.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #44,143 of 100,563
Sep 28, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #44,144 of 100,563
If this is a picture of the panda buds we have all heard of, im telling you and i feel most on this thread would agree with me, we would all be glade to pay shipping and pay any expense to get a chance to listen to one. These are gorgeous!

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #44,145 of 100,563
Yep these past few weeks we have been having a lot of great CHIFI releases. It's really the golden age for CHIFI. I wouldn't have imagined multi driver IEMs retailing at 20 - 50 bucks just 3 years ago.

Personally, I'm more inclined to get some budget single DD IEMs like the BLON BL-03 for their timbre and less detailed but musical presentation, rather than more multi BA/hybrid type IEMs. Or maybe those IEMs with tunable filters/switches so we can get different sound signatures.
I've already got the Moondrop KPE and TFZ No.3 for DD'S. The BLON BL-03 seems like a great contender, but it seems like a cross of those 2 iems, which seems kinda redundant, since I already own those sets. And then, there's also the fit issue. I like iems with longer stems, which the BLON doesn't have. And since I already own and enjoy the NX7, I'm gonna spring for the DB3, to see how they play with other kinds of music I like to listen to. Hope the DB3 fits as great as the NX7, cause they fit me great. The BLON scares me off because of the short stems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back