The discovery thread!
Feb 9, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #41,656 of 100,437
I must be a glutton for punishment, but I opted in for the T3 on Massdrop. The T2 Pro was such a mess. Here's to hoping for redemption!

Feb 9, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #41,657 of 100,437
I must be a glutton for punishment, but I opted in for the T3 on Massdrop. The T2 Pro was such a mess. Here's to hoping for redemption!
I tried to warn people about the Pro! :smile:

Feb 9, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #41,658 of 100,437
How deep are these? would you mind measuring them when you have time? It appears that with my big ears I need something wide (13.5MM) and as deep as possible.
According to the seller the large size is 13.5 n t400 is 4.9mm

S2000 were solid. Just too short on the nozzle so they needed larger tips for me and wouldn't stay sealed when starting to be active. These would be even smaller and seemingly wearable both ways. Just don't have the S2000 anymore to truly compare the SQ though. They seem to be easy to fit and of course no memory wire to deal with. Here are the graphs...

S2000 top and Sleeper bottom
adv_s2k_graph.png

adv_sleeper_graph.png
great jus when I thought I was done buyin iems for awhile lol. S2000 is one of my favs but I hate the memory wire

Feb 11, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #41,660 of 100,437
Lolz! All I am doing is focusing some attention to excellent sounding iems. And it has been an eye awakening perfect storm.

Aliexpress anniversary sales. Which lead me to buying these also with the HQ6. NiceHCKs leading competition. I didn't know which one to try out so I got both.

HK6 is superior and for the record. The HQ6 is no joke of an earphone either. Those are getting 5 Star reviews left and right from owners as well. But take it from a guy that owns both. HK6 is special.

I have yet to discover a better sound for the money. This is the honest truth. And it comes from NiceHCK!

I have just bought HK6 recently after reading your review and I can ony say "couldn't agree with you more". I was using the Campfire Comet, which I thought was my end-game, but now it is on the shelf because of HK6. Another review of DZ12 of yours really makes me wanna try them as well.

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #41,662 of 100,437
I joined the T3 drop, then I backed out. I have the other T2’s and like them both (for different reasons. These just didn’t look any more comfortable than the last ones, which was my biggest gripe. Hope they sound good, I didn’t see as much rise in the bass section as I would’ve liked (from the graphs posted), just a drop in treble (which is kind of the same thing I guess). Anyways, let us know what you think when you get them in March. Still curious.

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #41,663 of 100,437
I joined the T3 drop, then I backed out. I have the other T2’s and like them both (for different reasons. These just didn’t look any more comfortable than the last ones, which was my biggest gripe. Hope they sound good, I didn’t see as much rise in the bass section as I would’ve liked (from the graphs posted), just a drop in treble (which is kind of the same thing I guess). Anyways, let us know what you think when you get them in March. Still curious.

I'll report on them when I get them for sure. Even if I don't like the sound, i think $60 for that cable is more than fair. I plan to use it with my JVC FW01's, which has really opened up and matured nicely with about 60-80 hours of burn in, and if not for the wonky fit, would be my go to iem. For the record, the IE800's are still my everyday use iems. Really loving the Sennheiser Jubilee's too. Too bad the open back makes isolation HORRIFIC. You can hear everything around you, and everyone can hear what you're listening to. Outside noise bleeds with the music playing, but when it's quiet? WOOO WEEE!! They are better than my Status Audio CB-1, and my old Thinksound ON-2, Crossfade M-100, and my TOTL headphone the AKG K701. No joke.

Feb 12, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #41,665 of 100,437
Unfollowed this thread a while back so idk if it has talked about, though I'm sure it hasn't, but I had a $15 reward coupon for Advanced Sound. Bought the Sleeper for $5 bc of it. Listened for an hour or so then put it on the JLab burn in track Saturday til now. They come solely in a small box, no tips. True balanced sound. The Elise goes for about $10 more and while they have a more energetic sound due to the upper mids/lower treble boost these sound cleaner and clearer.

I don't use EQ but played with the ES100 EQ a bit and boosted the low end and top end a bit to give it a nice U Shape and it responded really well.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #41,666 of 100,437
Has anyone tried the new Fearless Audio Start with DLC driver? I am hoping for a KP contender with meatier, more natural vocals and better highs extension. The shorter nozzle also seems more comfortable.
KP vocals already are very natural to my ears... but everybody hears things little differently anyway :wink:

Feb 12, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #41,667 of 100,437
Has anyone tried the new Fearless Audio Start with DLC driver? I am hoping for a KP contender with meatier, more natural vocals and better highs extension. The shorter nozzle also seems more comfortable.

HBB has a set.

Feb 12, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #41,669 of 100,437
Unfollowed this thread a while back so idk if it has talked about, though I'm sure it hasn't, but I had a $15 reward coupon for Advanced Sound. Bought the Sleeper for $5 bc of it. Listened for an hour or so then put it on the JLab burn in track Saturday til now. They come solely in a small box, no tips. True balanced sound. The Elise goes for about $10 more and while they have a more energetic sound due to the upper mids/lower treble boost these sound cleaner and clearer.

I don't use EQ but played with the ES100 EQ a bit and boosted the low end and top end a bit to give it a nice U Shape and it responded really well.

I have spent some more time with my Sleeper. I like the sound balance. Great for podcasts with a solid bass presence that is still even. The ADV graphs did show a more even sound vs. the S2000 and, if only from memory, I do think this is true and that the Sleeper is more vocal forward/focused. I do think i hear the Sleeper as more toward sub-bass slanted than the S2000 was. S2000 did have the short nozzles which hurt getting the bass out of them but the Sleeper have less mid-bass which pushes them towards a lower emphasis. I think they are quite well tuned. I have just been using them some but would like to burn them in and see if anything happens with them.

The issue I see with these low end ADV's is the depth of the fit. The sleeper have 8mm long tapered tips which isn't long for something that can't be changed out. The S2000 was noted for it's short length on the nozzle and the Elise I have not had but it also looks like another shallow fit model. The sleeper is designed with a short length of cable after the wire to bring the mic up more so some won't get along with them over the ear. I am around 6' and 200lb and they are a slightly loose choker on me worn over the ear. You might want to go over the ear to get a deeper fit or stem the microphonics. I have found them a decent bit microphonic but over ear isn't working that well so I use a clip with them. I have been in touch and hopefully seem to convince them so that a clip might be included in future batches.

Sleeper has solid tuning and I did test them with the winter hat and in bed and they are great as they are small and disappear well into the ear. I did find the clip was also needed for the rubber nature of the cable sheathing. does seem to grip on my jacket and zippers so I did have a period of them getting pulled out without using a clip. Great as a sleeper indeed but does need the clip for commuting, walking around with a winter jacket on. Sound is slightly thick and weighty even with the balanced tuning which melts off some outside so they are great for sound when used on the go. Smooth and even again good for podcasts and for music. Like Lurk said, they seem to respond to EQ well. The balance helps here. They are not peaky or bright so they can take more top end and the even bass is not boosted much to begin with so it can take more down low if you want. They sound nice with my Ruizu which is super neutral-lish and on the cold side and still sound good with my A45 which is much warmer in comparison. The Sleeper's lower sensitivity is good to help them when cranking the volume or using them while in bed and at lower volumes as the signature is quite stable keeping it's weight from thinning out at lower volume and keeping things smooth at higher volumes as well.

I'll comment on it's clarity, detail and ability once I burn them in more just to be safe. These are more a safe and smooth signature in various situations sort of thing that will have enough ability for it's price.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #41,670 of 100,437

Users who are viewing this thread

Back