The discovery thread!
Feb 8, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #41,641 of 101,958
so what i find out - the burn in mumbo jumbo is real in BA sets also, maybe not all of them but one in particular from my collection for sure, the change is drastic, i am not sure what to make of it, out the box the sound was warm and dark, very pleasant
i was like hm, ok, i can live with that, now after burn in the treble drivers are starting to take over, had to go with narrow bore tips and i started with wide bore because of the darkness in the beginning
in one review on multi BA set Dsnuts was talking how in his new set the BA drivers sounded kind of raw out of the box and they needed significant amount of hours on them to sound good, well he was right

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #41,642 of 101,958
These are the exact same shape as complys, I would be lieing if I told you and everyone else reading this right now that these are not as good as Complys.

Nope these much better! Every single way better. These will not drown out the treble the bass or degrade the sound in any way. They are softer than Complys. Fits actually better in my ears. The coating that is on these things act like silicones. These have a wide opening like Spiral Dots.

I am pretty sure the OEM that made these were trying to actually copy Comply tips. They are the exact same shape. However the actual foams itself and the outer coating is better. These aren't as stiff as the Complys. Complys have a tendency to change the intended sound of earphones sometimes in very negative way. Diffusing highs or some of the bass. These chifi foams do nothing of the sort. Lets you hear the intended sound better than most silicones. Never been a fan of Complys. I own an entire box filled with Complys I never use.

In copying the Comply model inadvertently they came up with an actual better version. $10 for a set of 20? Now I can understand why there was 85 all 5 star reviews on that vendors site. For $10. Seriously these are a must own for your earphones. Give them a try. You guys will see what I mean when you get a box of them to try with your favorite earphones.

You can order medium 12.5mm wide. Large is what I got. The large is supposedly 13.5mm but they are identical to the medium tips. And small. T400 tips. No different according to vendor from T400 and T500. Highly recommended. When was the last time you spent $10 for a box of superior foam tips and get 20 pairs! Unreal.

HTB1mqdSasfrK1RjSszcq6xGGFXaz.jpg

Size comparison. Go for the T400. Wider the better.

Good to know. I'm probably one of the few people that prefer foamy tips.
So far the best ones I've found were the ones that came with my Trinity Delta - no chance getting any of those now. Most of the foamies included with the Chi-fi iems I have seem to be too hard and rubbery for my liking, so I haven't really been inclined to check out any of the other options.
Do you happen to know if these are "washable" like the Dekoni(?) tips.
Also, you happen to know what size tip the Havis use?

Feb 8, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #41,643 of 101,958
So your large measure 12.5mm? I'm guessing you got a box of mediums instead.

I've got small and mediums on hand in T100 and T400 and they are 11mm and 12.5mm O.D. at the base. I've got the ball style ones as well and they match the 11mm base/12.5mm bulge.

Once these are warm they are really soft. When cold they are much stiffer. I've washed a pair in warm to hot water with some dawn, squeezed the water out in a towel and let them dry with no noticeable degradation.

Look at post above

Good to know. I'm probably one of the few people that prefer foamy tips.
So far the best ones I've found were the ones that came with my Trinity Delta - no chance getting any of those now. Most of the foamies included with the Chi-fi iems I have seem to be too hard and rubbery for my liking, so I haven't really been inclined to check out any of the other options.
Do you happen to know if these are "washable" like the Dekoni(?) tips.
Also, you happen to know what size tip the Havis use?

Feb 8, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #41,644 of 101,958
Even though I ordered the large 13.5mm ones I ended up getting the medium 12.5mm. 4.9mm nozzle. 5mm opening. The mediums will fit guys that need large tips. I usually go with large silicones but for foams. Mediums do just fine for me.

Were these the T400 or T500? Thanks

Feb 8, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #41,645 of 101,958
T400 or T500 they just send you the same thing the T400. they even say that when ordering. I have no idea why they even put an option for T500. maybe to look like they have more variety probably.

On thing I have noticed about these foam. They do not get stiff. At least for me they dont. It is cold in Denver but I have not seen any of the foam tips I have been using get stiff at any point.

You should be fine using the T400 with the Havi Bs by the way.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #41,647 of 101,958
I use big tips as well on my DMGs and in a whim ordered tree Sony Hybrid Size LL and they make and excellent seal, the silicone is softer than Symbio silicone and they provide great bass response with a good balance in the treble. I like then more than New Bees, Symbio, Spiral Dots, Starfires, and the smaller Sony Hybrids. Really happy I found them and surprised at the improvement with such a subtle change in size.

Not sure this is your issue, but I recall the large Symbio W peels are 13.5 mm diameter and though fit well, the stiff silicone kept working it's way out of my ears. The larger Sony Hybrid (size LL) have slightly softer silicone which seals better with better confort and the main difference for me is the bass loses a little impact but overall has more weight with a tad less impact.

Tip rolling is addictive!
I will take a look at them but I think the width of 13.5mm is OK, the problem is they are not deep enough to get into my ear canal and make contact and seal properly....I guess I have big ears...although being 6'2", that's not surprising

Feb 8, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #41,648 of 101,958
I am 100% certain these are the same foams that are included in the BGVP earphones however they are black. I am wondering if the other colored ones are made exactly the same as the black ones.
40-pcs-20-pairs-ANJIRUI-T100-T200-T400-T500-S-M-L-Caliber-Ear-Pads-cap.jpg

I bet they are.
How deep are these? would you mind measuring them when you have time? It appears that with my big ears I need something wide (13.5MM) and as deep as possible.

Feb 8, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #41,650 of 101,958
Just got in a pair of these to try out and review. The ADV Sleeper:
upload_2019-2-8_18-33-50.png

upload_2019-2-8_18-34-25.png

ADV's most entry level model. Still cool as it isn't just a model to fill in the $20 slot. They are purpose built. They are soft silicone covered, tiny, and designed to be good for sleeping, sports, and travel. They have wedge style silicone tips, a nice combined Y- join and remote(one button). They have ultra easy to ID sides with the left cable being red on the right side after the Y and the left side is kept black.

One thing that may be hit or miss with people is the unibody construction. The body, tips, and relief are just one piece of silicone. So, you can't lose the tips but you can't try others either without doing some sort of mod to them.

Interesting idea and we'll see how I get along with them. Hope to listen to them over the weekend. Right now a have a bit of a Flu so the hearing is way off atm.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #41,651 of 101,958
Just got in a pair of these to try out and review. The ADV Sleeper:

ADV's most entry level model. Still cool as it isn't just a model to fill in the $20 slot. They are purpose built. They are soft silicone covered, tiny, and designed to be good for sleeping, sports, and travel. They have wedge style silicone tips, a nice combined Y- join and remote(one button). They have an ultra easy to ID sides with the left cable being red on the right side after the Y ad the left side is kept black.

One thing that may be hit or miss is the unibody construction. The body, tips, and relief are just one piece of silicone. So, you can't lose the tips but you can't try others either without doing some sort of mod to them.

Interesting idea and we'll see how I get along with them. Hope to listen to them over the weekend. Right now a have a bit of a Flu so the hearing is way off atm.

Interesting. I use ADV S2000 just because these are so good for sleep. In addition, the sound is nice with very enjoyable mids, so always thought of them as a good purchase. Silicone and no ear guides sounds great too, so waiting for your thoughts regarding SQ.

Feb 8, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #41,652 of 101,958
Interesting. I use ADV S2000 just because these are so good for sleep. In addition, the sound is nice with very enjoyable mids, so always thought of them as a good purchase. Silicone and no ear guides sounds great too, so waiting for your thoughts regarding SQ.

S2000 were solid. Just too short on the nozzle so they needed larger tips for me and wouldn't stay sealed when starting to be active. These would be even smaller and seemingly wearable both ways. Just don't have the S2000 anymore to truly compare the SQ though. They seem to be easy to fit and of course no memory wire to deal with. Here are the graphs...

S2000 top and Sleeper bottom
adv_s2k_graph.png

adv_sleeper_graph.png

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #41,653 of 101,958
S2000 were solid. Just too short on the nozzle so they needed larger tips for me and wouldn't stay sealed when starting to be active. These would be even smaller and seemingly wearable both ways. Just don't have the S2000 anymore to truly compare the SQ though. They seem to be easy to fit and of course no memory wire to deal with. Here are the graphs...

S2000 top and Sleeper bottom
adv_s2k_graph.png

adv_sleeper_graph.png

Thanks for posting the graphs. I find S2000 nozzles short too, but someway earguides (that I usually don't like) seem to work fine with them, maintaining a pretty solid good seal.
Double flange tips work fine on them for me too, but I feel more comfortable with stock ones when sleeping on my side. Anyway, I think that Sleepers should be solid for what they were made too, and surely I'm buying them sooner or later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back