The discovery thread!
Feb 7, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #41,611 of 104,056
Woohoo! Eartech Universal arrived. Nice soft Case, Silicone and Foam tips, nice cable, and red and blue acrylic housings. I'll get pictures tonight. Drivers are all Sonion BAs.
I'll try and get a graph or two posted tonight as well.

Feb 7, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #41,612 of 104,056
Early buy. MD got the Tin Audio T3 on sale for $60. Hybrid this time. 10mm dynamic 1knowles
OpffTuBgRRCMHPJ44L2F_AI7B6171-copy-banner.jpg

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/tin-audio-t3-iem

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #41,613 of 104,056
Early reviews suggest a slight boosted bass end vs standard T2 with a more gentler treble curve from previous T2 plus. Maintaining the mids. Improved cable and ergonomics. This makes the T3 very interesting for the price. @$60 looks like a no brainer to me.

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #41,614 of 104,056
T3 impressions here from fellow member. Graph included :

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...hones-and-iems.820747/page-1460#post-14765514

No idea which thread to post this in so I'll post it here:

Ok, so I measured the T3 on EARS and Dayton and the compensated curve looks close enough so I’ll just post the EARS Diffuse Field target vs the T2 and T2 Pro shown below:

(Diffuse Field based on Etymotics ER4SR -- straight line = considered DF neutral)

Fit:

A little weird since they want you to wear it over-ears now with the cable type. Stock foams dont work for me. Works fine with SpinFit CP145 or the blue/red foamies I have that many people have shown photos of.

Sound & Music:

This is a real-time rambling for 30 minutes of listening. No burn-in, if you believe in that. Just straight out of my Monolith THX-AAA amp using stock cable.

I think if you like the signature of the T2, you’ll like the T3. It drops the treble and the bass response seems more apparent and fuller given the lower treble response. In general, they sound similar enough except for the lower treble, which is now controlled by a BA and not the DD.

It’s still a brighter IEM, but not as bright as the T2 Pro.

Some sibilance in “Teardrop” and Liz Fraser vocals in the massive attack song. Bass sounds much better than T2/Pro.

“Unfinished Symphony” - the intro hits hard now with better rumble.

“You and Tequila” - Kenny Chesney’s voice sounds really nice. More fuller than previous iterations. Guitars sound slightly harsh but doesnt bother me too much. (see CL2 for what bothers me)

“Miles Away” - Krysta Nicks - strings sound nice and detailed. Voice is a little harsh and a tad sibilant.

“Pearl Lakes” - U137 - Sounds good to me. No vocals, so no sibilance/harsh vocal issues. Fuller sound than previous.

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #41,615 of 104,056
Tried blocking both of vents on Kanas and saw no audible difference in sound guys. Blocking front, nothing, back, nothing to, both? nothing.

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #41,616 of 104,056
Tried blocking both of vents on Kanas and saw no audible difference in sound guys. Blocking front, nothing, back, nothing to, both? nothing.

Try again, you're just having a bad day :wink:

Feb 7, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #41,617 of 104,056
Oh boy! I Knew they were good and I really was enjoying the sound - but I had no idea the graph was going to look this good.

ETU.jpg
new.jpg

Feb 7, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #41,618 of 104,056
First impressions of the T3 are up: https://thecontraptionist.blog/2019/02/07/tinhifi-t3-preview/

Short version? Take one part T2 (mids), one part T2 Pro (sound stage and detail), add some additional bass depth and sub-bass presence plus a dash of additional refinement. Top it off with a cable that belongs in the 150+ USD segment and you've got yourself the T3. This thing is goooooood!

Feb 7, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #41,619 of 104,056
So I got some great news.
My gamble seems to have paid off.
DSC06603.JPG

So I got my black foams from Aliexpress vendor today. I took a shot in the dark and figured out something very significant.

DSC06601.JPG I use these foams on my IT04 and many others now including my Solaris. The foam in my hand is the new foam from Aliexpress. The foam on the IT04 is foams I have been talking about.

The foams that are included in the BGVP DS1, DMGs NiceHCK M6, P3.
For guys that have been reading my post about these I will mention it again. These foams seems to be what is sold all over aliexpress. I was hoping this was the case. As these foams have quickly become one of my all time favorite tips to use on my earphones. They are a combination of the comfort and noise isolations of foams like compys but more importantly they channel sound to your ears much like silicones. No change or loss in sonic quality. Due to the forming seal inside the ear sound actually improves.

Best of all they cost $10 for 20 pairs!! https://www.aliexpress.com/item/40p...913.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.60814c4dKv9ClO

Feb 7, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #41,620 of 104,056
So I got some great news.
My gamble seems to have paid off.

So I got my black foams from Aliexpress vendor today. I took a shot in the dark and figured out something very significant.

I use these foams on my IT04 and many others now including my Solaris. The foam in my hand is the new foam from Aliexpress. The foam on the IT04 is foams I have been talking about.

The foams that are included in the BGVP DS1, DMGs NiceHCK M6, P3.
For guys that have been reading my post about these I will mention it again. These foams seems to be what is sold all over aliexpress. I was hoping this was the case. As these foams have quickly become one of my all time favorite tips to use on my earphones. They are a combination of the comfort and noise isolations of foams like compys but more importantly they channel sound to your ears much like silicones. No change or loss in sonic quality. Due to the forming seal inside the ear sound actually improves.

Best of all they cost $10 for 20 pairs!! https://www.aliexpress.com/item/40p...913.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.60814c4dKv9ClO

Sweet. So, are they pretty much spot on size wise compared to Comply (is a t400 actually a t400, M same as Comply's M)?

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #41,621 of 104,056
First impressions of the T3 are up: https://thecontraptionist.blog/2019/02/07/tinhifi-t3-preview/

Short version? Take one part T2 (mids), one part T2 Pro (sound stage and detail), add some additional bass depth and sub-bass presence plus a dash of additional refinement. Top it off with a cable that belongs in the 150+ USD segment and you've got yourself the T3. This thing is goooooood!
Hmmm...they now use a BA for the mids you write. This again makes the T2 somewhat unique with its couple of DDs. Would like to compare them side by side with classical music ("timbre").

Would love to see the T2/T3 graphs superimposed: wonder how the T3's bass tail goes up (my ideal curved would be the stippled line). The T2's bass as is ain't bad.

Q: is the T3's bass tamer than the T2 with front vent taped off?
T2.jpg

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #41,622 of 104,056
Sweet. So, are they pretty much spot on size wise compared to Comply (is a t400 actually a t400, M same as Comply's M)?

These are the exact same shape as complys, I would be lieing if I told you and everyone else reading this right now that these are not as good as Complys.

Nope these much better! Every single way better. These will not drown out the treble the bass or degrade the sound in any way. They are softer than Complys. Fits actually better in my ears. The coating that is on these things act like silicones. These have a wide opening like Spiral Dots.

I am pretty sure the OEM that made these were trying to actually copy Comply tips. They are the exact same shape. However the actual foams itself and the outer coating is better. These aren't as stiff as the Complys. Complys have a tendency to change the intended sound of earphones sometimes in very negative way. Diffusing highs or some of the bass. These chifi foams do nothing of the sort. Lets you hear the intended sound better than most silicones. Never been a fan of Complys. I own an entire box filled with Complys I never use.

In copying the Comply model inadvertently they came up with an actual better version. $10 for a set of 20? Now I can understand why there was 85 all 5 star reviews on that vendors site. For $10. Seriously these are a must own for your earphones. Give them a try. You guys will see what I mean when you get a box of them to try with your favorite earphones.

You can order medium 12.5mm wide. Large is what I got. The large is supposedly 13.5mm but they are identical to the medium tips. And small. T400 tips. No different according to vendor from T400 and T500. Highly recommended. When was the last time you spent $10 for a box of superior foam tips and get 20 pairs! Unreal.

HTB1mqdSasfrK1RjSszcq6xGGFXaz.jpg

Size comparison. Go for the T400. Wider the better.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #41,623 of 104,056
I am 100% certain these are the same foams that are included in the BGVP earphones however they are black. I am wondering if the other colored ones are made exactly the same as the black ones.
40-pcs-20-pairs-ANJIRUI-T100-T200-T400-T500-S-M-L-Caliber-Ear-Pads-cap.jpg

I bet they are.

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #41,624 of 104,056
I have been using the BGVP DMG IEMs on and off for a few months. I had a small problem but now that I have lost one of the best fitting tips its a big problem. The best fitting and sounding tips for me were the Large Blue transluscent tips that came with the set. I am using them on the silver filters which has a shaft diameter of 4.66mm. The problem I had with these tips is that although they were wide enough (13.5mm), they apparently were a bit too short for my ears (11.5mm). I had to mush them in by hand to get a good seal, especially on my left ear.
So, can anyone recommend a good sounding set of tips that perhaps is a bit longer??? I did look at the SpinFit CP145 Large, but they are only 10.1mm long.

I use big tips as well on my DMGs and in a whim ordered tree Sony Hybrid Size LL and they make and excellent seal, the silicone is softer than Symbio silicone and they provide great bass response with a good balance in the treble. I like then more than New Bees, Symbio, Spiral Dots, Starfires, and the smaller Sony Hybrids. Really happy I found them and surprised at the improvement with such a subtle change in size.

Not sure this is your issue, but I recall the large Symbio W peels are 13.5 mm diameter and though fit well, the stiff silicone kept working it's way out of my ears. The larger Sony Hybrid (size LL) have slightly softer silicone which seals better with better confort and the main difference for me is the bass loses a little impact but overall has more weight with a tad less impact.

Tip rolling is addictive!

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #41,625 of 104,056
You can order medium 12.5mm wide. Large is what I got. The large is supposedly 13.5mm but they are identical to the medium tips. And small. T400 tips. No different according to vendor from T400 and T500. Highly recommended. When was the last time you spent $10 for a box of superior foam tips and get 20 pairs! Unreal.

So your large measure 12.5mm? I'm guessing you got a box of mediums instead.

I've got small and mediums on hand in T100 and T400 and they are 11mm and 12.5mm O.D. at the base. I've got the ball style ones as well and they match the 11mm base/12.5mm bulge.

Once these are warm they are really soft. When cold they are much stiffer. I've washed a pair in warm to hot water with some dawn, squeezed the water out in a towel and let them dry with no noticeable degradation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back