The discovery thread!
Jan 5, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #41,116 of 100,517
some use it for "diamond like carbon"
Kanas Pro is "diamond like carbon", Ibasso model is "Diamond-Like Coating"

Those are the same thing. DLC can only be done with carbon atoms and it's not a new process. Same process is used for coatings on watches, metal tools, razor blades, car parts and any other component that needs a protective coating. I don't know exactly how a carbon coating changes the properties of the membrane, but I think the substrate is more important.

Jan 5, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #41,117 of 100,517
Those are the same thing. DLC can only be done with carbon atoms and it's not a new process. Same process is used for coatings on watches, metal tools, razor blades, car parts and any other component that needs a protective coating. I don't know exactly how a carbon coating changes the properties of the membrane, but I think the substrate is more important.

There are at least 7 common forms of DLC; Probably a near infinite number of blends actually. The hardest being cubic crystaline like diamonds.
But there are softer forms containing more hydrogen and other impurities.

And then the actual film thickness and how it is attached to substrate changes stiffness of a driver... Lots of variables to play with,

Jan 5, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #41,118 of 100,517
Just saw a tidbit about JVC at CES for headphones. Seems mostly BT stuff for JVC USA.

A new lineup of JVC headphones, centering on Bluetooth®-compatible models for wireless music listening

181228_1_img04.jpg

We will mainly showcase our lineup of new Bluetooth®-enabled models of headphones, which are becoming increasingly popular. Displayed will be a family of products suitable for use in various situations, ranging from completely wireless models that allow users to enjoy music without worrying about cables and models with a voice coaching function for improving running performance to models with noise-cancelling technology that filters out ambient noise.

A couple interesting looking models in the picture but we'll see in a couple of days if there is something too them.

Jan 5, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #41,119 of 100,517
Hi there,
Any experience with the MP-240's?
Listening to them I really liked them and I am fishing for some info here at head-fi regarding comparisons with other iems in the 200-300 euro price range.
I would appreciate some feedback.
Thanx
unfortunately I don't have any experience with the 240 as I made the choice to try the 220 instead and my budget didn't allow for more than the one purchase.

Jan 5, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #41,120 of 100,517
Love my E12A. Still use it on occasion but been using more my new Shanling M5s. E12A has served me well. It has enough power to drive my DT1990 pros with ease. Sounds great with other cans I own too so more versatile than just using them for in ears.

Coming from you, my enthusiasm for getting it in my hands just went up 10 fold! Thanks for that tidbit.

Jan 6, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #41,122 of 100,517
How much?

Jan 6, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #41,124 of 100,517
9-700x700.JPG

6-700x700.JPG

F300box-700x700.jpg

F300y-700x700.jpg

Auglamour F300 Dynamic Driver 2pin 0.78mm Detachable HiFi In-Ear Earphones

Price: $35

Description

F300 detachable music HIFI earphones good sensc and trends

FEAT F300 Colorful/retro/fresh/industrial multi-style presentation

Zinc magnesium alloy casting

Casting initial molding, CNC precision machine carving details more delicate

Piano painting process, delicate and exquisite

Bright color, high temperature and abrasion resistance, Anti - fouling and easy to clean

Customized wearing experience, more stable and comfortable, easy to wear for a long time

Upgradable detachable design

0.78mm-2pin meets audiophile upgrade and extends Bluetooth earphones

Strong magnetic path composite diaphragm unit

The sound quality is greatly improved, and the details are more pleasant

Three frequency balance/mobile phone easy to push/resolute exquisite

Silver-plated anaerobic copper upgrade cable is softer and better to listen to

The sound quality is greatly improved and the listening sense is upgraded

High purity anaerobic copper can effectively reduce distortion and signal transmission loss. It adopts 5-axis CNC machining of aviation aluminum to make it more delicate and durable

Good at concentration, stay true to original intention

Countless disruptive attempts, fully new AUGLAMOUR experience

European and American noble royal badge material, gentle color and exquisite and delicate touch

Specification

Brand: AUGLAMOUR

Type: in-ear HIFI dynamic earphone

Material: CNC machining zinc-magnesium alloy

Model: F300

Wearing: over-ears

Driver unit: φ10mm high-intensity magnetic circuit composite dynamic unit

Diaphragm: polymer composite plating titanium diaphragm

Frequency response range: 15-40kHz

Sensitivity: 102dB/mW

Impedance : 16 Ω

Distortion: < 1%102dB(20 µpa)

Channel balanced: < 1.5db (at 1kHz)

Rated power: 10mW

Detachable cable standard: 2pin 0.78mm

Cable : 5N anaerobic copper silver cable, 4C* (25*0.05+200D) KEVLAR

Process: zinc magnesium alloy die casting, aluminum alloy five-axis CNC

(Photos grabbed from Penon store)

Jan 6, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #41,127 of 100,517
Jan 6, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #41,128 of 100,517
Wow, wasn't expecting this. Great review, makes me wonder what is going to be my findings. Bacause Linsoul offered me a sample,
you toughts might match crinacle's having in consideration the early impressions of him.
I have these, and I love them. I will say that the bass, over time, becomes less dominant. Starts off like, kaboom! Then, it gets more controlled and is very enjoyable while staying very impactful. It’s a sound signature that I love and will seek henceforth. I personally enjoy it more than my DM6. Dm6, I guess, you can say is like being in the room...Kylin is like being in the booth. I’d rather be in the booth.

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #41,129 of 100,517
I have these, and I love them. I will say that the bass, over time, becomes less dominant. Starts off like, kaboom! Then, it gets more controlled and is very enjoyable while staying very impactful. It’s a sound signature that I love and will seek henceforth. I personally enjoy it more than my DM6. Dm6, I guess, you can say is like being in the room...Kylin is like being in the booth. I’d rather be in the booth.

Sorry, what does being in the booth means ? google didn't helped me much understanding what you said

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #41,130 of 100,517
Sorry, what does being in the booth means ? google didn't helped me much understanding what you said
What I meant, was that the DM6, you might be able to pick out particular sounds better in some cases... but overall the Kylin is better at portraying the music as a whole.
DM6 like being in the room with musicians...Kylin like being in the Sound Booth with the producers listening to the mix. Just an analogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back